Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GV Mobile Now on Cydia [ ModMyi Repo ]

Quote Originally Posted by savj14 View Post
    How do you go about using this App and GV for SMS and get notified(without using up an At&T message).

I see the option in GV to send SMS to your iPhone number, but that defeats the purpose. I was hoping you could have GV send you an e-mail that you received a SMS. That way you could just setup your G-mail on your iPhone and then launch GV Mobile after you receive an e-mail that you have a SMS.

Is there any work around for this? I'd really like to do away with paying AT&T money for SMS and just use GV for Free!
    Sort of... I use this following method. It uses Prowl on iPhone and Growl to send a push notification to your phone but requires that you have a always on pc/mac running at home. Good interim solution until someone creates a GV app with push notification.

How to enable Google Voice push notifications on iPhone 3GS [Tutorial] | TruVoIPBuzz

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mikemi For This Useful Post:

savj14 (2009-07-30)

Quote Originally Posted by CUBBIEblue16 View Post
    Making a phone call does not save you any minutes, all it does it transfer the number to your phone. So someone please tell me what cool things im missing here!!! I was real excited to use this until I actually got it and started using it!
    Congratulations, you discovered what Google Voice is all about by yourself rather than spending 30 seconds on their website and doing the most basic amount of RESEARCH.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    Congratulations, you discovered what Google Voice is all about by yourself rather than spending 30 seconds on their website and doing the most basic amount of RESEARCH.
    A smart as* who cant read a paragraph above. As I stated I said I read all about what google voice is. I want to know the tips and tricks of this service. There has to be something because all of you are so excited about this.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemi View Post
    Sort of... I use this following method. It uses Prowl on iPhone and Growl to send a push notification to your phone but requires that you have a always on pc/mac running at home. Good interim solution until someone creates a GV app with push notification.

How to enable Google Voice push notifications on iPhone 3GS [Tutorial] | TruVoIPBuzz
    Very nice! I was searching for something like this yesterday but never came across this. I'll definitely set this up and try it out, as my home computer is always on anyways.

How does this work as far as how fast you get the alert on your iPhone?

Any chance in the future an App will be able to push notifications without being approved by the App Store?

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

Long live cydia!!!
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...

I'd love to see SMS Copy/Paste, Forwarding, Delete, etc. Mostly handle SMS close to how the built in SMS works on the iPhone. Of course Push notifications would be a nice bonus.

GV is only available in the US. Boo.

Very interesting. I can't wait until this comes out. Lots of great features.

Quote Originally Posted by dd721 View Post
    Very interesting. I can't wait until this comes out. Lots of great features.
    What do u mean? You can get it in Cydia right now

Default Sftp?
    Quote Originally Posted by carrisco View Post
    Where is everyone finding this in the ModMyi repo? Definitely not listed under "GV Mobile."

Be nice if the OP said the name...

UPDATE: I'm guessing GV Mobile only works with firmware 3.0? That's why it's being filtered out of the list of apps in the ModMyi repo? Absolutely NO GV Mobile in my list (yes, I refreshed...)

UPDATE #2: Installed GV Voice manually via SFTP since it still wasn't showing up in Cydia... Great app but I'm having trouble with voicemails.. Sending SMS and calls work but you can't listen to any voice mails. They all appear as 0:00 length even after multiple refreshes..

I still can't find it after doing all the suggested elsewhere in the thread. How hard is it to do it via SFTP (i.e., how do I do that?)?

Quote Originally Posted by savj14 View Post
    What do u mean? You can get it in Cydia right now
    So this will work for me even though I am not a G Voice Beta Tester?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

I just got another invite from Google

I should have two invites coming to me soon.......if anyone is interested let me know and I'll give you one when I get them

Quote Originally Posted by dd721 View Post
    So this will work for me even though I am not a G Voice Beta Tester?
    You can download GV Mobile Yes...but that is about it. You need to have a GV Account and number to use GV Mobile
    Last edited by savj14; 2009-07-30 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I received my invitation in 6 days.

Can someone send me an invite??

Lol, jk.. Seriously though, anyone else having trouble with it not being able to sign into your Google Voice account?

I keep getting an error: "An error occurred while trying to establish a connection with Google Voice." It happens on both Wifi & Edge.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,254 Times in 649 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JA.3 View Post
    Can someone send me an invite??

Lol, jk.. Seriously though, anyone else having trouble with it not being able to sign into your Google Voice account?

I keep getting an error: "An error occurred while trying to establish a connection with Google Voice." It happens on both Wifi & Edge.
    I had that issue, then I realized i was an idiot and forgot my password

I'm pretty certain I'm entering the correct password. For safe measures I changed it just in case and still nothing =/

Hopefully I get it eventually, I'll keep looking.

Okay I figured it out.. My 3G has been out of commission for a while and I just slapped it all back together today, seems my Time & Date were off. That was the problem.

So now it's running smoothly! =D
    Last edited by JA.3; 2009-07-31 at 04:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    when they enable SMS forwarding to email this will be the best thing since sliced bread.

anyway, i'm trying turn off sms forwarding to my cell phone, but it keeps sending them to me. i disabled the forward to sms box on google voice but no luck. anyone have an idea?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

^ agree

Default Stupid Noob
    :-)
    Last edited by ErnieChiara; 2009-08-01 at 02:33 AM.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast