Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MyWi Released! Turn your iPhone into a Wifi hotspot!

Monica - can you send me your syslog (simply connect using the rock your phone desktop client, right click and choose View iPhone System Log --- copy and paste the log after you've had a disconnect. It might have to do with rc1 purplera1n patches.
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

sounds fantastic... i've got internet tethering but using my iphone as a wifi hotspot sounds good.... thanks SB

iPhone? ... No?... MYphone!!!

"The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on"

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default This would be great...
    to be able to tether my old PDAs to the net at once. But am I missing something? When I use PdaNet, I use the USB cable. When I'm done, my iPhone's battery is fully charged. It was mentioned that MyWi is faster than PdaNet, has anybody noticed a big difference in speed between the two? One more question, is MyWi compatible on 2.2?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Ok, finally tried this now I'm at work. I can connect to the hotspot, but I have no Internet connection on my computer even though the phone has good 3g signal and says 'tethering 3g down 180kb' or something. I am using os x on a MacBook pro with a 3G S purplera1ned and can't get net access on my computer either wirelessly or with USB using this app. Any help appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    I can connect to the hotspot, but I have no Internet connection on my computer even though the phone has good 3g signal and says 'tethering 3g down 180kb' or something. I am using os x on a MacBook pro with a 3G S purplera1ned and can't get net access on my computer either wirelessly or with USB using this app.
    Similar problem on my laptop running Windows Vista Ultimate. I jb'd with redsn0w.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Ok I'm officially giving up on this now. Getting fed up. Until an update is released, my money's staying in my pocket. And I still have to settle for browsing the web on my phone at work :-(

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    Ok, finally tried this now I'm at work. I can connect to the hotspot, but I have no Internet connection on my computer even though the phone has good 3g signal and says 'tethering 3g down 180kb' or something. I am using os x on a MacBook pro with a 3G S purplera1ned and can't get net access on my computer either wirelessly or with USB using this app. Any help appreciated.
    Same problem I am having.
    I have enough money to last me the rest of my life, unless I buy something. -- Jackie Mason

If you don't get the blue tethering part on the status bar, then its not working correctly. While we are still narrowing this down - you might want to purple rain with the latest purple rain - and then uninstall and reinstall.
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

Quote Originally Posted by psuskeels View Post
    If you don't get the blue tethering part on the status bar, then its not working correctly. While we are still narrowing this down - you might want to purple rain with the latest purple rain - and then uninstall and reinstall.
    I get the blue status bar and I used redsn0w.

In Vista, the animated network diagram shows my laptop connected to an unknown ad hoc network and no connection to the Internet.

EDIT: I updated to the latest release of MyWi. Now I can connect for about a minute then nada.
    Last edited by MikePA; 2009-07-09 at 02:55 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone dchandler's Avatar
    Thanks

i want to get it but dont want to waste my money til an update comes out
    The Thank you Buttons works great let me see you use it

I'm getting pretty sick of developers releasing their rather useful apps on Rock Your Phone. I installed it the other day only to realize that half of their "3.0 compatible" apps really aren't. Yeah, half of their 10-or-so apps they have. Promptly uninstalled. I would definitely make use of this app if it weren't on Rock Your Phone.

Psuskeels, I can send you my log later on tonite (closer to midnight EST). Currently I'm not home. Anything I can do to help.

BTW, I had previously purplera1ned my phone a second time using RC2 prior to installing MyWi...

I had the same problem today, jailbroke with redsnow. It would tether but would only last for a minute then the computer would ask for the others connect adhoc or something. hope it gets updated before my trial is up

It is a little much, but it is a good idea.

Thumbs up Nice theme!
    Hey bootleg this is not related to MYwi, but I looked at your screenshot and I really like yhe theme you are using.
    What theme is this? Is it in ICE?

Thanks

MSGeek

17. The Following User Says Thank You to msgeek For This Useful Post:

Santamaria (2010-08-21)

so any difference between this and the old NetShare App?

Netshare
    The $9.99 application promises to allow you to share your iPhone's network connection with your computer.
    Share your iPhone's EDGE or 3G Internet connection with your computer using NetShare. NetShare provides a SOCKS5 proxy for your computer to connect to.

I'm guessing this is just an easier set up & multiple devices as it broadcasts as wifi instead of direct one on once connect like netshare?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Does this require a tethering plan or will I be charged any extra if I already have the iPhone unlimited data plan?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to prozac4312 For This Useful Post:

tikihut (2009-12-24)

Unhappy Only works for one minute, then stops downloading 8-(
    Hi everyone, I installed the app and was able to connect from my macbook very easily. But every single time, after about 1 minute, or 700 kb download. The connection would no longer download. Firefox on the mac just sits there, unable to get new data.
    I rebooted, but same thing.

I am using an iPhone 3G on T-Mobile using Edge network.
    There is no error message or anything on the iphone myfi but no more downloads. And to continue, all I have to do is stop the connection, but using the switch in myfi and restart it, for another minute of download, then it stops....

Any idea what's wrong?

How is this better than tethering? Is it worth paying $9.99 for this when you can use tethering?

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast