Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MyWi Released! Turn your iPhone into a Wifi hotspot!

iPhone? More like MyPhone sandstorm77's Avatar
    Thanks

the great thing about this is my company firewalls every good site and now i can acess them vie wifi.....sweet

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyScottie View Post
    This is rather pointless when you think about it.If your phone is able to pick up a wifi signal then your wifi chip in your laptop will surely be able to.So why have some middle man?
    Good grief. What's pointless is your post because you clearly don't understand either your phone or your laptop.

This app is used when the only signals available to connect to the Internet are Edge or 3G.

Your laptop connects to your iPhone via WiFi. Your iPhone connects to the Internet via Edge or 3G.

Understand the point of this app now?

This is freaking sweet... I have a PSP and a location free player at home too so now I can literally watch TV anywhere... SICK
    64 GB iPhone 4S on 5.1.1 Jailbroken & Unlocked
    64 GB iPad 3 on 5.1.1 Jailbroken

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    so my question is. WIll AT&T be able to see that I am doing this and charge me more? I have bought the program and installed it. Love it.

The App killed my 3gs Wifi. Removed the app, restarted phone, restarted router, done evrything, but now have no wifi connection on phone. I turned tether on, then turned it off and that is when my Wifi got killed.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonmoe View Post
    so my question is. WIll AT&T be able to see that I am doing this and charge me more? I have bought the program and installed it. Love it.
    They will see it as any other data downloads. Just dont go crazy downloading the whole internet!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TheOrioles33 For This Useful Post:

jasonmoe (2009-07-08)

does this work with the 3gs???

This does not work on the 3GS (yet)

The Wifi connection is showing up on everybodies iPhones in the office and even on my friends DS but not on my PSP

Would really appeciate if someone tried to connect their PSP to their iPhone using this app and let me know if it's working or not

EDIT:

My friends DS can see the connection but cannot connect to the internet hmmmmm.... Someone try using their DS or PSP
    Last edited by Mista Brothason; 2009-07-08 at 09:00 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mista Brothason For This Useful Post:

javilam (2009-07-08)

Quote Originally Posted by normdepal View Post
    The App killed my 3gs Wifi. Removed the app, restarted phone, restarted router, done evrything, but now have no wifi connection on phone. I turned tether on, then turned it off and that is when my Wifi got killed.
    This sounds similar to the problem I am seeing on my 3G. In my case, it's got nothing to do with any part of my home wireless network. If I enable WiFi Tethering in MyWi, then disable it, wifi from my phone is dead until i reboot the phone. Wifi on the phone even shows I have an IP address on my network, but I can't access anything. I reported this to the vendor.
    Last edited by MikePA; 2009-07-08 at 09:04 PM.

Thanks

It most certainly does work on a 3G S. It's the PC software that isn't compatible with the 3G S. You can download directly to your 3G S and it will work fine.
    160GB iPod Classic
    8GB 2G - Firmware 2.2.1 PWN'D
    8GB 3G - Firmware 3.0 PWN'D
    16GB 3G S - Firmware 3.0 Ra1n'n Purple
    64GB iPad 3G - Spirit'd
    32GB iPhone 4

My iPhone is a Part of Me kadinh's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyScottie View Post
    This is rather pointless when you think about it.If your phone is able to pick up a wifi signal then your wifi chip in your laptop will surely be able to.So why have some middle man?
    THE POST OF THE DAY!!!!

this just made me smile. thank you for posting your ignorance

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

My MacBook is seeing the iPhone hotspot but isn't connecting to it. Google loaded up then Safari just stopped working. As soon as the bugs are ironed out, I'm buying it.

Also my iPhone is listed in a separate area than other Wifi hotspots and when I choose my iPhone the Wifi icons turns into a greyed out wifi icon with a little image in it , using 3GS.
    Last edited by MetallicaFan1991; 2009-07-08 at 09:27 PM.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Thanks

Mine does not seem to work,

Quote Originally Posted by sandstorm77 View Post
    the great thing about this is my company firewalls every good site and now i can acess them vie wifi.....sweet
    Yes! Total privacy! I also USB tether for a faster connection.

Quote Originally Posted by jamriman View Post
    I also USB tether for a faster connection.
    How do you figure a USB tether is faster? You are still limited to the 3G/Edge speed.

Thanks

My wifi says not conected,And i switch the wifi thetering to on and nothing happens, what am i doing wrong,im on att 3gs

Anybody tried using their DS or PSP yet?

Someone? Anyone?

Is this working for ANYONE perfectly?
    Last edited by Mista Brothason; 2009-07-08 at 09:45 PM.

Ok this may seem like an odd question but trust me it makes sense.

I spend most of my life in hotels and have never been able to bring my xbox360 along to play on internet due to it not having a browser to type in the password for the hotel. Would this program allow me to create a wi-fi signal with the hotels wi-fi connection thus allowing my xbox to bypass the password check?

Thanks

Well that sucks, i thougth i read somewere in here it does work for 3gs

You know what, before I could of swore I read it doesn't work for 3GS, don't know where but all I can see is that it doesn't work for 2G

So its probably supposed to work for 3GS, my bad

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast