Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MyWi Released! Turn your iPhone into a Wifi hotspot!

does any one know how i can get the a blackberry with wifi connect to the iphone's wifi with mywi or any other program like it?

Quote Originally Posted by captainhighjack View Post
    I just don't understand. just enable tethering using the instructions in a tutorial in my earlier post. go to settings and turn on tethering then plug up your laptop. I don't use any software mywi or anything and my laptop is on the internet. now are you trying to allow other people access through your phone to access the internet like a wifi cafe? you have limitations, mine works well for my laptop but I can't see multiple devices accessing the net thru your phone.
    Your method works… but for only one machine. Say I want to provide a hotspot for several computers in the area, I can tether to my comp, then share to others, but not only is that tedious, but I have to have my computer there. Say I want to share my iPhone connection to several other iPods/iPads/whatever, this app works where tethering won't.

With MyWi all I need is my iPhone to wirelessly enable anyone's laptop to get on the net. I do not connect the phone by USB to anything. I think iPhones manufactured after October will make things more complicated.

I have managed to get free tethering from my operator o2 in the uk. If I install this app it uses my normal conection.

Is it possible to use this app via your tethering allowance. I know some will ask what's the point but using it as a wifi hotspot is very handy!!!

Can anyone help?

Way to go Stealth...great job!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Am I the only one having problem getting my iPod to use this hotspot (MyWi running on my iPhone)?

Does this allow me to get different IP addresses?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Finally got it working for iPod. Now i've no reason to think it will not work for iPad. :-)

Default ...and Many Other Things
    Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    ^

It is creating a wifi hot spot. Thus allowing any wifi enabled device to use your phones 3G connection. PSP, PS3, XBOX, laptop, and many other things
    I'm thinking iPad!

MyWi seems to work pretty well.

I have tested it with my 3G 3.1.3 using USB/Bluetooth/Wifi and all work well enough. I am not sure any are more reliable or faster than another, but I have not done any serious tests.

I did buy the app since I travel a lot and the ability to get online with my laptop from anywhere is very valuable to me. The only thing I can see it needing for now is the ability to to WPA2 security. WEP is OK, and its not like it will be my primary connection method, but it would be just a bit nicer. As a matter of fact, I would rather not use any encryption than use WEP. =)

Keep the improvements coming! Well worth the $10 for the application assuming improvements keep coming.

Has anyone actually successfully connected their Playstation 3 to the iPhone's MyWi hotspot? because it does not work for me. I don't actually want to game online with the 3G on my iPhone. I just want to connect my PS3 to it since I do not have access to the internet right now. Any ideas anyone?
    Big kid playing with iPhone! Learning as I go...

Quote Originally Posted by kiddoko View Post
    Has anyone actually successfully connected their Playstation 3 to the iPhone's MyWi hotspot? because it does not work for me. I don't actually want to game online with the 3G on my iPhone. I just want to connect my PS3 to it since I do not have access to the internet right now. Any ideas anyone?

I don't know about connecting through mywi, but I use pdanet for when I need to use my phone as a modem, and connecting is a breeze! You may want to give it a go

Quote Originally Posted by rustyhoge View Post
    I'm thinking iPad!
    Quote Originally Posted by iLaw-One View Post
    I don't know about connecting through mywi, but I use pdanet for when I need to use my phone as a modem, and connecting is a breeze! You may want to give it a go
    But what do you do exactly? I use my iPhone to connect to the internet on my laptop through MyWi. But how would I use my laptop as a modem for the PS3?

You need to be connected to a router in order to get this app working, dont i?

Edit: (Figured it out by myself)

Well, I guess no one wants to take the time to explain how to do it... Thankfully I figured it out all on my own!! Thanks anyway people... If anyone sees this post and wants to know how to do it just ask and I'll post an explanation as best I can. It won't be perfect lol. :P

Quote Originally Posted by h4mza View Post
    You need to be connected to a router in order to get this app working, dont i?
    I'm not sure how you are connected. But I do not have an internet connection. I use my iPhone to tether my laptop. Then I shared the iPhone connection and plugged in an ethernet cable from the PS3 to my laptop and set up the connection automatically with the PS3 and it took a little time to get it to actually work but now it works flawlessly.
    Last edited by kiddoko; 2010-03-04 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hi Is it true that with MyWi internet connection is faster ?(11 mb/s )? Than Pdanet
    I bought the app MyWi (no rock) a few days ago from cydia , I Can Not make it work, as good asPdanet. on xp home a, 3gs jail broken 3.1.2 fw_ 5.12.01 bb,
    Some times when is WIFI connected but no data flowing, I opened Crome page can not be display (no internet).
    Also when I manage to make it work after so many times in trying it doesn't look any faster. can some one comment on this It would be well appreciated Thanks.

Does AT&T charge extra when u tether?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

You are not suppose to tether so yes if they find out. Just keep the usage low and you will not have any issues

19. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

GellBrake'rrrr (2010-03-19)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Angry MyWi doesn't work
    As far as I can tell, MyWi doesn't do anything but uninstall PDAnet and remove the "Internet Tethering" toggle from my iPhone settings. I can connect my laptop to my iPhone's wireless but it provides no internet tethering or any other useful benefit.

I paid for it immediately, based on all the glowing reviews online, but within a week it came up wanting me to purchase it again!

There also appears to be no support available. The Cydia listing refers to a "support" website that has nothing to do with MyWi.

This app appears to be a waste of time and money. At least PDAnet works some of the time.

Bah!

How come I can't get my Nintendo DS to connect to the hotspot I have created? Is anyone else having this issue?

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast