Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MyWi Released! Turn your iPhone into a Wifi hotspot!

3.2 Updates
    =================
    - Fix for DNS assignment on some phones
    - Fix disconnect for phones running 3.0
    - Fix/Repair MMS
    - Fix disconnect not being able to browse the web with iPhone
    - Fixed MyWi requiring respring/reboot
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to skeels For This Useful Post:

metaserph (2009-10-17)

Fully testing this new update, working flawlessly. Thanks Psuskeels and RYP!

Quote Originally Posted by psuskeels View Post
    3.2 Updates
    =================
    - Fix for DNS assignment on some phones
    - Fix disconnect for phones running 3.0
    - Fix/Repair MMS
    - Fix disconnect not being able to browse the web with iPhone
    - Fixed MyWi requiring respring/reboot
    Is there a reason why the 2g is not supported?

I would like to understand why the 2g has been left out of this really nice app.

/sanjay

Quote Originally Posted by san9jay View Post
    Is there a reason why the 2g is not supported?

I would like to understand why the 2g has been left out of this really nice app.

/sanjay
    I'm willing to bet it's a hardware issue, considering the 2G and the 3G/3GS have drastically different radios.

If you will release on Cydia I will buy it, but I will not install Rock.. no way!

It IS on Cydia, and it WILL install Rock app. I've been using Rock and Intelliscreen for several months now, using MyWi for a week or so now. NO problems on my device. :shrug:

I just got Rock today after JB'ing my iPhone 3G (3.1.2), and so far I'm loving it! Much faster/more stable than Cydia imo... but hey, it comes down to personal preference in the end, huh?

This MyWi app is sweet!! I'm definitely purchasing this after my trial ends (want to test a bit more ). I have one question before I'm sold tho..Will AT&T users (w/ our unlimited data plans) get charged extra for using this for tethering? I also searched this thread and couldn't find any answers... Does anybody know?

Sorry if this was answered before..I have only seen people ask, but no definitive answers...

I read somewhere that ATT has a 5Gb limit per month. Seems if you exceed this limit they will watch your account, also read that a few folks HAVE gotten hit with a fee. Most likely trying to d/l whole movies or gaming. Not sure. I think if it's casual browsing (been doing this for months now) then you're safe. For the time being... Hope this helps. I use MyWi, excellent product!

Thanks metaserph! Yea, I've heard about AT&T's 5GB limit on their so called unlimited data plan. I probably wont hit this limit, even with tethering.. so I think I should be safe. I will definitely be buying MyWi now, very useful app.

Thanks again!

Not worth $10. I can't connect my psp to it. PdaNet worked fine for tethering. The WiFi hotspot with MyWi is cool and all, but the only thing I would really use it for is my PSP, and that doesn't work, so no reason to pay $10.

Quote Originally Posted by CabooseLoL View Post
    Not worth $10. I can't connect my psp to it. PdaNet worked fine for tethering. The WiFi hotspot with MyWi is cool and all, but the only thing I would really use it for is my PSP, and that doesn't work, so no reason to pay $10.
    Even if you DID connect it, AT&T's latency is about 110 ms, so you probably wouldn't be doing any online gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by n00neimp0rtant View Post
    Even if you DID connect it, AT&T's latency is about 110 ms, so you probably wouldn't be doing any online gaming.
    Well yeah the gaming part's true(although I'd still like to try it lol), but I like the PSP web browser. It supports flash and bigger screen. iPhone = no flash

Well yeah the gaming part's true(although I'd still like to try it lol), but I like the PSP web browser. It supports flash and bigger screen. iPhone = no flash
    You really prefer the PSP's browser? That browser is why I switched from PSP to iPhone.

Default Is MyWi going to get WPA encryption?
    I'm wondering if we're going to see WPA encryption on MyWi for iPhone? It's MUCH better than WEP for security.

Default is it possible?
    First things first.

Great Job on the creation of an App that not only works but it's easy to use.

that being said...

I've just used the trial time and I could not get the following to work...

Have you ever tried to connect a Wii to the internet through it?

My idea is to be able to give the kids access to the Wii network while on the road.

But for the life of me I can not get it to connect.

I've researched, and a few possible things came up that might help you 'help' me.

According to Nintendo, the Wii has a built-in adapter that works on a 802.11 b/g connection...

According to Apple the iPhone has the same.

But, when I try running MyWi on my iPhone, it works GREAT!!! for computer, but the Wii? Nothing...

Any Ideas?

I will keep an eye on this forum to see if it's possible.

I'm sorry i was not able to purchase it, only because if it does not work for what I need it (Wii on the road) i dont need it.

Thank you.

iMobileCinema - Any videos, in iPhone Safari.

Please spread the word.

Default Wii
    Quote Originally Posted by mbtsvntrs View Post
    First things

I've just used the trial time and I could not get the following to work...

Have you ever tried to connect a Wii to the internet through it?

My idea is to be able to give the kids access to the Wii network while on the road.

But for the life of me I can not get it to connect.

Thank you.
    Interesting idea, too bad I do not own a Wii to experiment on it. For now the only thing I can come up with is try it without using a WEP key, as my Powerbook stubbornly also refuses to work when usin a WEP key, however my Macbook Pro and any other laptop I use seems to work fine. I also wonder If a PS3 has a wireless adapter and if anyone has tried using MiWi with it.

Nintendo Wii and BlackBerry phones do not support ad hoc wireless networking, so MyWi will be useless.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Hello I tried this out just now and when I click connect it just sits there and says "Identifying" and never does anything. Any idea what is wrong? Thanks

3GS, 3.1.2, blackrain jb.

edit: also when I look at the icon for the iphone in the connection list it doesn't show any bars. Instead there is this different icon, looks like 3 cells connected together.
    Last edited by Chad711; 2009-12-07 at 02:27 AM.

Not sure why you are all up for spending money when you don't have to...

Search Cydia for "PdaNet" It does the same exact thing and it's free!!! You then follow the simple instructions and bam! Your up and running!

Now that I saved you a few bucks, if you still want to just give it away, send it to me!! LOL

***Edit: I deleted the cracked app site links, sorry for my carelessness with doing that. If you have questions regarding jailbraking and PdaNet, send me a PM.***

Take it easy everyone!
    Last edited by darober; 2009-12-09 at 04:54 AM.

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast