Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MyWi Released! Turn your iPhone into a Wifi hotspot!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I tried to connect my friends 2g phone to my hotspot on my 3gs and he wasnt able to pull up any website in safari. any ideas?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I think we need a diagram explaining how it works...

"Everybody has common sense, but most just don't use it, then you wonder why?" - Neo-Tech

I gave up on this app..... to many complications.

Quote Originally Posted by modbox14 View Post
    i didnt notice if someone already replied to this... but good luck trying to effectively use xbox live with your iphones internet... even if it is 3g speed. its not going to be fast enough to handle master chief pwning 38 grunts or whatever.

point is. wont work.

if you were to connect your 360 to your hotels internet it would prob work but not too great just because im sure there would be other people on the network too and the routers arent always that close and blablabla. you really should just hardwire your 360.
    actually.. i have tethered to my xbox with pdnanet before and had great luck with it. my connection was supprisingly better than other peoples, and i never lagged out! the only trick is is that with pdanet you have to connect to a computer and then to the xbox. mywi WOULD cure this, as i have connected to my xbox with it.. but again there is the no internet problem. it did say something about dns error too, but ill worry about that after they update mywi.

Quote Originally Posted by wadestock View Post
    i don't understand why this is good. Teathering is allowed with a 3G or 3GS iphone, so what good is this?

if i have teathering on my phone already - then why pay 9.99 (not that it's expensive, or i'm cheap)?

if i paid 9.99 for this app, it wont prevent AT&T from...

a. knowing that i am teathering my phone with computers.
    b. charging me for the teathering that i am doing anyway.

I just don't see the point to this app. someone enlighten me.

Buddy, it turns your iPhone into a wireless router

No more USB's required
    64 GB iPhone 4S on 5.1.1 Jailbroken & Unlocked
    64 GB iPad 3 on 5.1.1 Jailbroken

Green Apple
    Thanks
    the advantage of this is that you dont' need to create an ad hoc network on your laptop. any wifi device in range will see the data connection on the iphone running this app as an available wifi access point.

so theortically non pc devices that have wifi can also connect.

if all you want is to tether, then there are other apps you can do that with, pdanet being the most popular.

i'm interested in this because i've had situations where i'm on a long trip and people in the car either have itouches, or iphones with no sim cards. instead of lending them my phone and having their greasy fingers all over it, maybe even catch swine flu (lol), they can just in theory connect right to my iphone that is either in my pocket or charging from the cigarette lighter.

Quote Originally Posted by wadestock View Post
    i don't understand why this is good. Teathering is allowed with a 3G or 3GS iphone, so what good is this?

if i have teathering on my phone already - then why pay 9.99 (not that it's expensive, or i'm cheap)?

if i paid 9.99 for this app, it wont prevent AT&T from...

a. knowing that i am teathering my phone with computers.
    b. charging me for the teathering that i am doing anyway.

I just don't see the point to this app. someone enlighten me.

ATTENTION:

Henceforth, anyone asking why this app exists or what it's for is clearly an idiot and a TROLL, and has not read the thread. FFS, QUIT quoting their posts and saying the same thing 50 times.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

^ I agree, stop quoting people who can't be bothered to read the thread. It's really annoying, noobs!!!!!

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

If people think that this will give them free internet then they are really stupid. Of course it's gonna use your current data plan...

"The Napoleon Dynamite of MMI" coloradoxmfan's Avatar
    Thanks

AMEN.

People, think...

iPhone? More like MyPhone Real_Iphonecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks

So this App uses your ipones 3g/edge internet connection to create a Wireless Hotspot, that can be connected to by many devices, e.g. PSP's, PDA's, Mobile Phones. Computers/Laptops, Games Consoles etc.. You can also connect to your newly created Wireless Hotspot (Your Iphone) with more than one device at a time. Turning your iphone into a kind of wireless router/hotsot.

And NO you shouldn't be charged any extra if you don't go mad downloading Stuff (use common sense), this may change though at any time.

Just to Clarify things.

P.S. This App is awesome, I'm using the trial version at the moment but will be buying it for sure.
    Last edited by Real_Iphonecrazy; 2009-07-10 at 12:07 AM.

I believe people are underestimating the potential of this app even if it's buggy right now. I live in Canada and if I am correct, 3.5G speeds are already available. I tested the official tethering on my laptop(it's gonna be free until Robbers(Rogers) charge us next year but thanks to unofficial apps) and the speeds are really amazing. It's as fast as basic DSL... Alot of people are playing Xbox Live on DSL and it doesn't really lag.

Imagine going to a place where all your friends have laptops, DSes and Touches. Now they will all be able to use your connection instead of you letting them touch your precious iPhone

I'm looking forward to buying this app when it's improved.

And also, people should stop worrying about AT&T knowing your tethering. Unless you absolutely have to download GBs of pr0n with your iPhone...
    Last edited by M4tt Dam0n; 2009-07-09 at 11:45 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

^ +1

If you have 30 torrents running right now, you might want to reconsider tethering. But if you use it occasionally and/or don't download tons of stuff, AT&T will most likely not pinch you.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

GellBrake'rrrr (2010-03-19)

Thanks

I believe people are underestimating the potential of this app even if it's buggy right now
    I don't believe you've read the thread completely dear friend. No seriously there have been some real unbelievable posts regarding the use of this app. Just go take a look

Mine shuts off also fix it and i will buy it

Glad I'm not the only one seeing a boatload of Fail with this app.

They are working on a fix people, we need to be patient.

Thanks

I'm well behind this App. I really hope they stick with it, updating fixing bugs and adding new features (if needed) I think its a great idea.

Its a shame it can't be purchased straight from Cydia, they'd probably double sales.
    Last edited by Real_Iphonecrazy; 2009-07-10 at 12:37 AM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Real_Iphonecrazy For This Useful Post:

sysrage (2009-07-10)

Sorry it took so long

0.94 Updates
    ============
    - Fix for disconnect after 1 minute for some users
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to skeels For This Useful Post:

haseo00 (2009-07-10)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Guys, FYI, fix is working!!!! I'm posting this using the iphone as a hotspot!! wooohooo!!!!!

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast