Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WinterBoard Released for iPhone 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by seandiego View Post
    I didn't do that whole iBSS thing because purplera1n didn't say you needed to. Maybe thats why my phone is one foot in the grave?
    Getting the files has nothing to do with your problem. You shouldn't upgrade to 3.1 when it comes out without those files or you most likely will not be able to jailbreak again. The files are for the new security layer Apple is using. Will they be needed for 3.1...that's what the Dev Team and Geohot are saying and they haven't been wrong yet.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes but you'll need those files for future jailbreaks if Apple ups it game, so you might as well get them and be on the safe side.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
    Yes but you'll need those files for future jailbreaks if Apple ups it game, so you might as well get them and be on the safe side.
    ^^+1 If you would like to be able to jailbreak your phone in the future you will most likely need those files! Better to be safe then sorry!!
    160GB iPod Classic
    8GB 2G - Firmware 2.2.1 PWN'D
    8GB 3G - Firmware 3.0 PWN'D
    16GB 3G S - Firmware 3.0 Ra1n'n Purple
    64GB iPad 3G - Spirit'd
    32GB iPhone 4

So far the only issue I've had is with dimming icons...seems to slow the rendering of springboard,

So far the only issue I've had is with dimming icons...seems to slow the rendering of springboard.
    Last edited by kstewart71; 2009-07-08 at 12:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cypher7810 View Post
    Does winterboard still kill performance? Making everything load twice as long?
    On a 3G[S]... everything loads super fast no matter what.

now is their a difference with the old Purplesn0w jailbreak and the new one? should i rejailbreak if i did it with the original one or it doesnt matter?

i was dreaming and now i woke...

Ok I think I know why some of us are having problems... The correct version of winterboard is 0.9.2958-2, while in my cydia it shows only version 0.9.2958-1, the -1 is the wrong version. Makes my phone go into safe mode... So make sure you update your mobilesubtrate thingy, then look for cydia again and you will see the right version.

Great news! Thanks Saurik

Default ugh
    ughh...JB 3GS thru purplera1n rc2, that went fine, got cydia working, installed some repo's all good, then d/l'd updated movile sub(had to do it twice, first time didnt work) then d/l'd some programs and WB..now heres my prob, when i went to restart springboard and it brought me to the lock screen..i went to slide the slider and then it just freezes....every time!!...when i restart the phone it goes right into safe mode every time also(i restart it then same freeze prob happens )...i also have newest WB-2 bc i checked...NE IDEAS GUYS?!?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

I have have tried all my apps and downloaded from some from the app store. The only app that does not work is youtube one.

Default Works great
    Jailbroken white 32GB 3GS. Used the RC2 Purplera1n using Windows 7 on my MacBook Pro. Hung on the reboot phone part, killed purplera1n and restarted it and BAM worked instantly. Also I had iTunes open the whole time. I mulled over installing WinterBoard while at work in case it grenaded my phone. I bit the bullet, installed it after updating mobilesubstrate over Edge, of all things, it screamed through it even on Edge and it works like a champ. Some things didn't quite work when I loaded themes at home. I have a seriously ripped off JTRWallace theme, and it didn't change my phone, mail, SMS, or Safari icons so I had to change them manually. For some reason it changed my AppStore icon and a few others but not the major ones. I guess I could have downlaoded the stock JTRWallace theme but I didn't want to have to use PhoneView and go change everything. Might have had better luck though. My Watchmen keypad theme didn't do squat until I installed it again from Cydia. I have Dock installed but for some reason if you hide any apps it crashes. It's not updated for 3.0. Other than that it works great and it's awesome how fast the sunburst goes! SBSettings is working great, but for some reason it defaults to 3G enabled on a restart, and here in Beaufort we don't have 3G so it takes forever to get an Edge signal if I don't turn it off (which I do). Cyntact works just fine as well.

ALL of my apps work, and they work great. App store apps download at normal speed and open just fine, YouTube works but it took a second to load the first time I opened it and has worked normal since. Here's a few screenshots of my phone. With the lovely Olivia.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0154.png   -img_0155.png   -img_0156.png  

Quote Originally Posted by Crana View Post
    Nice but I can't find a decent theme... Maybe I'm too picky.
    Go into Cydia and search for "Smoog" and tell me if ya like it. I LOVE this theme!

Quote Originally Posted by wildgene789 View Post
    now is their a difference with the old Purplesn0w jailbreak and the new one? should i rejailbreak if i did it with the original one or it doesnt matter?
    No, there is ZERO difference. It doesn't matter. Don't listen to these morons that are wasting their time restoring and re-jailbreaking because they "trust" the Dev Team over an individual who happens to be a genius in this community. Don't waste your time with the new jb method if you've already used the RC2 one.

Quote Originally Posted by cerote View Post
    I have have tried all my apps and downloaded from some from the app store. The only app that does not work is youtube one.
    I wouldn't worry about the YouTube app, since MxTube is far superior.
    Last edited by ronfin44; 2009-07-08 at 02:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ronfin44 For This Useful Post:

vwown3d (2009-07-08)

Is it my phone, but do none of the themes>keyboards work...

Quote Originally Posted by yalls View Post
    Is it my phone, but do none of the themes>keyboards work...
    Be a little specific. What phone do you have? This works perfect on the 3GS. I have the Smoog theme and Retro Dialer theme running flawlessly.

Sorry, Im kinda new to all this
    I have a 3gs and 3.0,
    anyway, all the SMS keyboards i download and stuff never show up.
    I also have Smoog, but I downloaded over 15 different keyboards, like colors and what not, and so far nothings working -.-

My iPhone is a Part of Me Zehlek's Avatar
    Thanks

Will currently only certain themes work with 3.0 3GS due to icon size or with Winterboard it won't matter?

I'm glad you said you were "new" to all of this, cause I was about to rip you for not reading through the thread! It's been posted MULTIPLE times already that KEYBOARDS DON'T WORK YET. Before you ask anything further make sure you take the time to glance over the thread you're in, because more times than not the question has already been answered multiple times.

Themes and dialers work. Keyboards DO NOT.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ronfin44 For This Useful Post:

yalls (2009-07-08)

OH, lol.
    Well yeah thanks anyway lol

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

The only thing I am missing is keyboards

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast