Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS Jailbreak - redsn0w 0.8 - DevTeam Style

If your sh*t is working with the first JB (purplera1n) then why reJB with this one?
    I ran purplera1n days ago and it is rockin along just fine and now with winterboard (thanks). I also have VoIp working via fring using SIP, not tried Skype yet.
    16gig 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by richvolfan View Post
    Tried redsnow jailbreak on 3GS several times and it keeps stopping at waiting for reboot screen, currently been waiting 20 minutes. Don't think its going to reboot, any suggestions for anyone or is anyone having the same problems?
    Mine did that too. I unplug the cable and plugged it back in and the install went on as normal. Kinda strange.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Real_Iphonecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks

At the risk of repeating myself:

geohots jailbraik (purplera1n) has been tested by many tens of thousands, if he'd misssd somethng i'm sure it would have been picked up by now. If anything redsn0w will need updating once the masses start using/testing it, just like Ultrasn0w did
    If it aint broke don't fix it.

like Winterboard needed updating by Saurik the same goes for a lot of Apps. 3.0 FW broke a lot of Apps and the'll need work if not rewriting by there individual devs before the'll work again.

Patience my good friends.
    Last edited by Real_Iphonecrazy; 2009-07-08 at 12:04 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Real_Iphonecrazy View Post
    At the risk of repeating myself:

If it aint broke don't fix it.

like Winterboard needed updating by Saurik the same goes for a lot of Apps. 3.0 FW stopped a lot of Apps from working properly and the'll need work by there individual devs before the'll work again.

Patience my good friends.
    ^^+1 He's right. Many apps in Cydia still need to be updated to work on the 3G S period. Remember that we are working with different hardware now. Just don't blame a software/hardware compatibility issue on the jailbreak software regardless of which dev wrote it.

I'm still happy with my purplera1n jailbreak. Everything has been working smoothly.
    160GB iPod Classic
    8GB 2G - Firmware 2.2.1 PWN'D
    8GB 3G - Firmware 3.0 PWN'D
    16GB 3G S - Firmware 3.0 Ra1n'n Purple
    64GB iPad 3G - Spirit'd
    32GB iPhone 4

5. The Following User Says Thank You to A_DuB187 For This Useful Post:

Real_Iphonecrazy (2009-07-08)

This thread was a funny read. There are so many people that are clueless on jailbreaking with comments like "I'm gonna restore and use the Dev Teams jb just cause I trust them more". lol Whether you use purplera1n or the DT's jb you achieve the SAME thing. purplera1n is a proven method, so those of you that are wasting your time to restore and re-do the entire process are foolish and acting like n00bs.

i love these guys

Oh no! I can't install cracked stolen apps from Dev's using appulo!

Christ Dev Team you suck

Alrite first off, the Dev Team's jailbreak doesn't enable you to steal apps. In 2.0 days you needed to patch the MobileInstallation file. In 3.0 you need a new method.

Second. Stealing apps is low. Have people no sense of respect anymore? If I spent hours of my time creating an app, and I wanted a small return for it, I'd be pissed.

But that's not this thread.

Anyway. About the duo-jailbreak methods: yes, there are multiple methods. Remember back in the day when it was Ziphone, PwnTool, iLiberty?

Lighten up people. Use whatever you want. But don't bash one method because you screwed up the simple instructions the Dev's provide
    iPhone 4- I'll start theming again

Thanks

I'd like to say props to both Geohot and the Dev Team theyve all contributed there time to make the comunity a better place.

I'd just like to point out again, no matter what method you use to JB you will still find that a lot of apps will not work. This has nothing to do with purplera1n or redsn0w. A lot of apps need work or even rewriting to support the new hardware/firmware.

Saurik just updated winterboard (thanks -J) but there are still many more apps that need work before they'll run on the 3GS

Peace out, relax and be patient.
    Last edited by Real_Iphonecrazy; 2009-07-08 at 01:51 AM.

Awesome! Ill decide which one to try purplera1n or redsnow 0.8. There both the same exploit, ill see how it goes.

Thanks

Dev team Is the ****, but this thread with it's complaints are telling me to stick with what I got. GEOHOT

Thanks

Damn straight. Purplera1n has been absolutely solid! I don't get the trust argument either...to each their own. All i know is i'm loving my JB'd 3GS thanks to GeoHot and thats why i donated.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to SPS For This Useful Post:

PCeasar (2009-07-08)

Hello,

I just want to share my experience with you.
    I have a mac, so I wanted to use the MAC version of redsn0w. In this one, redsn0w tells us to switch to DFU mode using the previous way, meaning holding power for three seconds, then power + home for ten and then only home for a few secs.
    This doesn't actually work with the 3GS. Each time I tried, It was stuck completely after the "waiting for reboot" message. I tried many ways, from launching the restore from itunes to be in DFU to just puting the iphone in the "simple restore" mode, or even unplug/replug the iphone as some people told to, but nothing worked.

I though OK, let's try it with the windows version, who knows ? I launched it, and what a surprise: in this version, it is written to put the ipod in what I call the "simple restore" mode, meaning just rebooting the iphone unplugged, press home and then plug it to see the itunes+usb logo. I did so, and the jailbreak went well, without any problem.

The Hacktivation worked, although I had to connect the phone to itunes to actually hacktivate it. I installed ultrasn0w without any problem, rebooted and that's it, everything is working with T-Mobile USA.

Thank you to GeoHot and the Dev Team for all the work.

I hope this message will help others who tries to use MAC OS to unlock :-)

Here's a theory that just struck me. Just a theory, nothing more, but I'm starting to notice that the majority of people that can't tell the difference between "there", "their", and "they're", and "your" and "you're" are the ones posting with the most problems. Coincidence? Hmm.
    If you lack the education to write properly should you really be messing with your phone? Like I said. Just a theory, but Jesus, there are some really stupid people on here.

Not trying to be a pain but I just find it coincidental that winterboard was updated on the same day Redsn0w 0.8 got released.

Thanks

@ronfin44, I don't completely agree, my english at school was terrible but I like to think I know my way around a computer a lot more than most.

However I do agree that there are a lot of nooobs on here that just don't want to help themselves and post absolutely ridiculous comments/questions.

I don't mind helping people out but come on read the thread first at least

@PCeasar saurik is a part of the Dev Team but I think it was more of a coincidence, I can't see any benefits to him holding back on winterboard until redsn0w was released
    Last edited by Real_Iphonecrazy; 2009-07-08 at 03:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ronfin44 View Post
    Here's a theory that just struck me. Just a theory, nothing more, but I'm starting to notice that the majority of people that can't tell the difference between "there", "their", and "they're", and "your" and "you're" are the ones posting with the most problems. Coincidence? Hmm.
    If you lack the education to write properly should you really be messing with your phone? Like I said. Just a theory, but Jesus, there are some really stupid people on here.
    There are a lot of people on this board. To many of them English is a second language. English is not an easy language to learn for just those reasons. We have many words that sound the same. We also have words like "read" that is basically the same word but has two different meanings depending on how you use the word.

I passed all my English classes in high school and college but this is a forum, people just sometimes type and don't feel like proofreading it because it is a forum.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

Real_Iphonecrazy (2009-07-08)

Quote Originally Posted by SPS View Post
    Damn straight. Purplera1n has been absolutely solid! I don't get the trust argument either...to each their own. All i know is i'm loving my JB'd 3GS thanks to GeoHot and thats why i donated.
    I concur...what he said

redsn0w 0.8 isnt working for my girlfriends 3g iphone. it gets to the part where it says "waiting for reboot" and the program crashes. happened on both mac and pc, same spot, on both redsn0w for mac and redsn0w for pc. what am i doing wrong?
     White iPhone 3Gs - 32Gb 

Thanks

redsn0w 0.8 isnt working for my girlfriends 3g iphone. it gets to the part where it says "waiting for reboot" and the program crashes. happened on both mac and pc, same spot, on both redsn0w for mac and redsn0w for pc. what am i doing wrong?
    If its the 3g and not the 3gs then try the previous version of redsn0w, it worked flawlessly for me.

If its the 3gs then try purplera1n from purplera1n.com
    Last edited by Real_Iphonecrazy; 2009-07-08 at 03:38 AM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Real_Iphonecrazy For This Useful Post:

nickswagger (2009-07-08)

is that 0.7.2 you are referring to? its the only other one i see
     White iPhone 3Gs - 32Gb 

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast