Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS Unlocked!

iPhone? More like MyPhone keda51's Avatar
    Thanks

Excellent info in this thread. Someone may want to compile all these tips into a wiki!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Indeed. Going to read through this thread again when I get the time :P

I hate skim reading

"Everybody has common sense, but most just don't use it, then you wonder why?" - Neo-Tech

Quote Originally Posted by ankitagarwal85 View Post
    Thanks for clearing that up. So does that mean I can use the original iPhone AT&T sim that came with the iPhone to activate the iPhone after say 3 months, by when I have terminated my AT&T contract and so the sim is obviously not active??

Alternatively I also have an AT&T prepaid sim card which is no longer active as I havent used it in over 3 months. Would this work as well?
    Both methods will work for you. As long as you have an At&t sim it will work....
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vthree View Post
    sorry to stray OT. but as far as going to an apple store and getting a new contract... just to get a 3G-S

how long do i have to keep the contract to keep the phone?? Should i just keep it for 30 days? then cancel and say im going to another carrier? 175 for ETF really isn't that bad and it would be a lot cheaper than paying for the full service for 24 months... if someone could shed some light on the topic i would greatly appreciate it, please pm me or i guess post back here.
    You do need to keep it for 30 days though I asked a customer rep and they said you had to return the phone even after 30 days even after paying the ETF. You might want to call to make sure to avoid paying additional fees for your phone.

Quote Originally Posted by ggab View Post
    We'll be fine when the dev team releases their jailbreak. They'll do it right and have an option to hacktivate. I'm confident they'll fix ultrasn0w to work well with the 3GS. The video that planetbeing did showed ultrasn0w working well.

I hate when the damn wife drops out. LOL
    lmao, i just realized that typo

Quote Originally Posted by RavingNoodle View Post
    You do need to keep it for 30 days though I asked a customer rep and they said you had to return the phone even after 30 days even after paying the ETF. You might want to call to make sure to avoid paying additional fees for your phone.
    Again, that rep is an idiot. After the 30 days, a cancellation will cost you $175, PERIOD.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Go Gators's Avatar
    Thanks

My battery keeps draining very fast!! Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can fix this? Please!

Hey will the jailbreak purplera1n work if u do not have the official carrier of iPhone? I mean will u be able to jailbreak with ur phone
    locked ?

Quote Originally Posted by Go Gators View Post
    My battery keeps draining very fast!! Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can fix this? Please!
    There has been a proven correlation between the number of off topic posts and how long your battery lasts. Sorry but you're screwed.

Hey will the jailbreak purplera1n work if u do not have the official carrier of iPhone? I mean will u be able to jailbreak with ur phone
    locked ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ggab View Post
    There has been a proven correlation between the number of off topic posts and how long your battery lasts. Sorry but you're screwed.
    Thanks for your help. Appreciate it.

I also don't get how my question was off topic??? This whole thread is people asking for help with different issues that have come up after using Purplera1n. My battery draining faster was my issue. I guess there's always one butthead in the crowd when you get a group of people together.
    Last edited by Go Gators; 2009-07-06 at 08:26 PM.

How would i go about getting MMS to work on t-mobile? Any info is much apperciated, thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

^^^^ Off topic

DO a search for MMS and you'll find LOOOOOOTS of threads about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Gators View Post
    Turn off push email. Change the setting to fetch at 1 hour. I did that yesterday, and notice my battery last 2x-3x longer now

15. The Following User Says Thank You to istorm For This Useful Post:

Go Gators (2009-07-06)

Quote Originally Posted by chucked188 View Post
    locked ?
    Yes it will work but you still need to have the phone activated with an official carrier. Stop asking soo much also.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by istorm View Post
    Turn off push email. Change the setting to fetch at 1 hour. I did that yesterday, and notice my battery last 2x-3x longer now
    Allright, I'll try that and see what happens. Thanks for tip. Appreciate it.

PLZ PLZ iknow its not for here but you gotta help me?

is there somthink that i can download from cydia or
    thers away to make my iphone 3gs work with cracked applications and games????
    Edit::>This forum does not support or discuss any warez or cracked app discussion or help. Please read the forum rules.
    cause iknow there is for all phones with 3.0 firm but iv been told its not the same for 3gs and i want to put cracked games inside
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2009-07-06 at 10:51 PM.

Question jailbreaked the iphone, no sound on games
    Hey guys....I followed all the above info on jailbreaking my iphone last night and now NONE of the game applications I have installed have any sound. My phone still plays videos, songs, rings and tones no problem, it just seems to have affected the game apps. Is this because its only beta version? Any suggestions would be great.
    Thanks!

Unhappy 3GS purplera1n ultrasn0w
    How do you guys attach other people's threads in your replies? (too lazy to scroll below this box and figure it out atm haha)

Anyways are you guys really getting ultrasn0w to work for you? I follow all the procedures
    * Restore with legit ATT simcard and plan
    *Activate (legit)
    *Purplera1n
    *Ultran0w
    *Then change sims reboot
    *Airplane ON
    *Reboot
    *Airplane OFF

And my results are well...crap, the sim looses signal all the time when I try to make a call it rarely works stating that there is not network, I even get the "Invalid SIM" o show up one in a while. I've tried this process 3 times already with the same results.

(I turn off 3G)-seems to help but nothing significant

Anyways my 2G redsn0w'd works fine completely different results the the 3GS

When is it possible that the DEv's will release some info about this?

Quote Originally Posted by mradz7 View Post
    How do you guys attach other people's threads in your replies? (too lazy to scroll below this box and figure it out atm haha)

Anyways are you guys really getting ultrasn0w to work for you? I follow all the procedures
    * Restore with legit ATT simcard and plan
    *Activate (legit)
    *Purplera1n
    *Ultran0w
    *Then change sims reboot
    *Airplane ON
    *Reboot
    *Airplane OFF

And my results are well...crap, the sim looses signal all the time when I try to make a call it rarely works stating that there is not network, I even get the "Invalid SIM" o show up one in a while. I've tried this process 3 times already with the same results.

(I turn off 3G)-seems to help but nothing significant

Anyways my 2G redsn0w'd works fine completely different results the the 3GS

When is it possible that the DEv's will release some info about this?
    DEV won't be releasing until 3.0.1 cause they don't want apple patching the exploit. but don't know if george ra1ned on their parade by releasing it early. (pun intended)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast