Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: purplera1n for Mac Released - Jailbreak your iPhone 3GS

iPhone? More like MyPhone Go Gators's Avatar
    Thanks

I used Purplera1n yesterday and everything worked perfectly. The only thing I am now noticing is my battery is draining a lot faster than normal. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by river0 View Post
    I have a purplerain JB 3GS, and Skype runs ON WI_FI just fine. When I launch Skype, I do get a "Doesn't work on modified 2.2 or 3.0" message. But I just ignore the message, which goes away when I start using Skype. Other than the alert, Skype functions ON WI-FI just like it did before JB. However, it does NOT work using Edge. :-(

I installed Cydelete but stopped short of deleting Freeze. Now I've just figured out the CyDelete settings business. The route is Settings > CyDelete > Non-Cydia Detection > ON. D'oh.

Below is a very short list of what I've discovered so far. I think the best advice I've heard is to wait until the dust settles before using too many Cydia apps. That said, I couldn't wait to see if Categories works, which it does!

WORKS
    APT 0.7 HTTPS Method
    AptBackup
    AT&T Carrier Logo
    Call Clear
    Categories [thank heavens!!]
    Categories v1 Icons
    CyDelete
    Cydia Installer
    FindMyI
    Flashlight
    iPixel
    MakeItMine [yea!]
    Moon Phase
    OpenSSH
    OpenTTD

THROWS INTO SAFE MODE
    WinterBoard [reported by others; I haven't felt the need to test it]
    qTweeter
    tricker3g
    voipover3g
    Tether
    Veency
    Also Cyntak throws you into safe mode. I cant get Vibrus 3G to work right either. BTW I installed Ultrasn0w but didnt reactivate. Is there a way to know if it worked? Thanks!
    Last edited by jamriman; 2009-07-06 at 04:18 PM.

Vibrus 3G may not work, but Haptic Pro does.

Default 3GS Jailbreak Purplera1n
    I must be the only one that hasn't got it to work (MAC Version)

I don't get to see the pic of GeoHot - my iPhone goes to the pink screen and asks to be restored

The PurpleRa1n application has the Done! Wait ... message showing but iPhone does not reboot and stays in Restore mode - I have waited at least 5 mins each time but after 4 tries still no go

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Pink screen? Are you on on 3.1 Beta?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Go Gators's Avatar
    Thanks

Does anyone have any suggestions to fix the rapid battery drain? I used Purplera1n yesterday and it worked perfectly but my battery drains really fast. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

iPhone? More like MyPhone brotherbond007's Avatar
    Thanks

Okay, Jailbroke my 3GS. Winterboard placed my Springboard in "SAFE MODE". It wouldn't exit so I removed it (winterboard). Still testing. If winterboard doesn't work then I'll go back to the Dark Side until the fixes are in.

All I really want at this point is to customize my notification sounds, mail, Messages etc..I'll use OpenSSH & Cyberduck for that.
    Last edited by brotherbond007; 2009-07-06 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Black iPhone 4 iOS4 AT&T

The iPhone 4 "my precious" - Gollum

Jailbroke my iphone 3gs yesterday, everything went smoothly. I just recently today noticed that it will not vibrate at all. Haven't dropped it or anything. Also a vibrator app doesn't make it work either. I didn't use my phone much this weekend so I can't say if this happened before or after the jailbreak.

Anyone else experienced this? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Just jailbreaked and now itunes or iphoto can see my 3gs. No error or anything its just when I plug it in nothing happens. I can't synce my 3gs or anything. Any ideas

never mind. I don't know why but it just started to recognize it right after I posted my first ever post on this site lol. It wasn't recognizing anything since yesterday weird stuff.
    Last edited by benjayman2; 2009-07-06 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

should I update my iphone 3gs to 3.1 before doing this or leave it on 3.0?

hi i am from Sweden and dont have any at&t card so the jailbreak for the iphone 3gs would bypass to homescreen any idees ???

Are there any options for those who do not have an intel mac?

looks like mobilesubstrate no workie on JB 3gs :-(

Quote Originally Posted by yukiko_shijima View Post
    Are there any options for those who do not have an intel mac?
    Yeah windows :-) JK
    Last edited by drkagent; 2009-07-06 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

mobilesubstrate works great on my 3GS, I have about 15 or so dependent apps installed.

Quote Originally Posted by chicoboy View Post
    hi i am from Sweden and dont have any at&t card so the jailbreak for the iphone 3gs would bypass to homescreen any idees ???
    Try this... might work..

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/t-mobil...-tutorial.html
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 2009-07-06 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

what happened to the purplera1n file? it now goes to the freaking iphonewiki website etc. do have the file that you can email to me?
    [email protected]

Just a (maybe stupid) question:

Is there by any chance the possibility to brick my iPhone (I have a 3GS, but the question is about all models) trying to jailbreak it?

Is it true that whatever it happens, I can always restore the last backup or even "format" it to factory settings with a software restore?

If not, please let me know what can lead me to it or point me to the forum where they talk about it.

Thanks a lot.

I just subscribed to the forum, but I have to say this post is very interesting and well managed! You guys are good!

ciao

@

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BkrGrlMphs View Post
    what happened to the purplera1n file? it now goes to the freaking iphonewiki website etc. do have the file that you can email to me?
    [email protected]
    You're right... the purplera1n web page is now redirected.

Is it just me or is the only link to purplera1n just a wiki page? I can't find the actual link

Also does Freeze stay on your home screen?

Quote Originally Posted by BkrGrlMphs View Post
    [email protected]
    It works to me. I can see both the Win and the Mac version. If you are running a Mac, try to reload the page wile pressing option or find a way to do a "real" refresh (without using the cache) of the page on your Windows browser.

I hope it helps

oops... it must have happened just a few mins ago!! Now I go to the wiki-site as well!

@

[QUOTE=Poseidon79;4744841]mobilesubstrate works great on my 3GS, I have about 15 or so dependent apps installed.

Could you point me in the right direction, i tried to install Mobilesubstrate from cydia and it hung, attempted again and now it installed but skype still not working over 3g.

Thanks.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast