Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: purplera1n for Mac Released - Jailbreak your iPhone 3GS

I had a jailbroken phone (2G). I downloaded the OS3.0 legally now. Now to install Cydia, I need to "JAILBREAK" the phone. What does JAILBREAK mean? what is the advantage / disadvantage of the same?

I have a power pc mac. Can I jailbreak using a different intel mac (friends) and then sync back with my pc mac?

Thanx.

Anyone know if there is a way to downgrade 3.1 to 3.0? I don't care about unlock just
    jailbreak. I've tried searching. Thanks.

iPhone? More like MyPhone fletch33's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dharmesh0506 View Post
    I had a jailbroken phone (2G). I downloaded the OS3.0 legally now. Now to install Cydia, I need to "JAILBREAK" the phone. What does JAILBREAK mean? what is the advantage / disadvantage of the same?

seriously?
    "i believe louisiana is the pelican state"

Quote Originally Posted by bmp06gti View Post
    This jailbreak is weak. You can't even use winterboard, purplerain is useless. F this software
    WinterBoard is updated to work with 3GS, same with Mobile from Saurik Check Cydia!

http://www.theiphonespot.net/2009/07...atible-update/

iPhone? More like MyPhone fletch33's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bmp06gti View Post
    This jailbreak is weak. You can't even use winterboard, purplerain is useless. F this software
    Nice Guy - " Hey Mr. bmp06 i just spent the last month with almost no sleep building you this new car and wanted to deliver it to you personally and at no charge since i realize you really wanted a car but could not obtain it on your own"

bmp067 - " F OFF Mr. Nice Guy!!!! i said i wanted a V6 and this is a bloody 4CYL"

people like you amaze me. sad really.
    "i believe louisiana is the pelican state"

I had the exact same problem - appstore, skype, and fring would all crash. I did not have Tricker 3G, but I did have VoipOver3G, and everything started working once I uninstalled it. Normally, are both Tricker3G and VoipOver3G required to SkypeOut over 3G, or just one of them is necessary? Either way I hope they update these soon.

Quote Originally Posted by chakraj View Post
    I can no longer use app store. is this a common problem? I have read a few pages and heard no reference.

OK I had a program installed that was causing a mobile sub. problem so I uninstalled that (TRICKER3G) and now APP store works again..

Quote Originally Posted by gman8966 View Post
    I have lost vibrate as well, I posted a couple pages back and had the same problem. JB mine yesterday and have had the problem since, can't figure out how to get it back. VIbrate doesn't work with anything.
    Same here vibrate does not work for me after purplera1n JB.

any one know how to fix this issue?

That is strange. I J/B the phone with purplera1n for MAC, flawless. Install Cydia with freeze and updated, flawless. Install CyDelete, delete Freeze, flawless. Install sbsettings, flawless. Install Winterboard, phone reboot and stay on reboot. Phone Dont Want to Start. Any way that I can restore the phone, any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: NM, Got it...
    Last edited by rubenmer5; 2009-07-08 at 12:04 AM.

OS X - excellent enough to put on phones LGgeek's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote:
    <table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="60%"><tbody><tr><td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;">Originally Posted by dharmesh0506
    </td></tr></tbody></table>

seriously?
    Quote Originally Posted by fletch33 View Post
    seriously?
    Actually think he is, 3 posts joined in Feb 09 or just a troll playing with us.

dharmesh0506 - if you are real then from your question you should stay away from jailbreaking until you have done more research ( ie google) on it and the implications.
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.

I had to run Purplera1n twice. The first time kept crashing after I installed a couple of apps through Cydia. I reran Purplera1n and all seems to be working flawlessly. Thanks for the Rain.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinsmith84047 View Post
    I had to run Purplera1n twice. The first time kept crashing after I installed a couple of apps through Cydia. I reran Purplera1n and all seems to be working flawlessly. Thanks for the Rain.
    Sorry, forgot to mention, used a Mac Mini - Intel

Quote Originally Posted by scottjl View Post
    Don't know what you're talking about, but my JB'ed 3gs is working just fine. No issues at all with the Application Store nor Skype.

HOW TO REMOVE FREEZE

1. Install Mobile Terminal (through Cydia)
    2. Open Mobile Terminal
    3. Type (be very careful): rm -rf /Applications/Freeze.app
    4. Exit Mobile Terminal
    5. Reboot your iPhone

You can remove Mobile Terminal if you wish.
    Could I get a little help? I tried to remove the Freeze app three times through mobile terminal, which by the way starts upside down, it remains. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by scottjl View Post
    Don't know what you're talking about, but my JB'ed 3gs is working just fine. No issues at all with the Application Store nor Skype.

HOW TO REMOVE FREEZE

1. Install Mobile Terminal (through Cydia)
    2. Open Mobile Terminal
    3. Type (be very careful): rm -rf /Applications/Freeze.app
    4. Exit Mobile Terminal
    5. Reboot your iPhone

You can remove Mobile Terminal if you wish.
    I tried this method to remove Freeze and it won't go away. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by kevinsmith84047; 2009-07-10 at 04:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

not sure why but i tried twice and the windows version would not work for me. i tried the mac one today and it worked perfectly the first time. awesome!

OS X - excellent enough to put on phones LGgeek's Avatar
    Thanks

anyone seeing any syncing with iphoto issues after mac purplerain JB ?
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.

Default Need some help here!
    Hi there lillstar!

I am new to this....not a noob though!

FYI - my iPhone 3GS is from Singapore where they sell unlocked phones already. So my only concern is the Jailbreaking. If i do use purple rain here....

1. How would i reset if i would need to do that? The key combination & the files i may need)
    2. When i do reset, would the phone boot as a locked phone or just a fresh unlocked phone with 3.0 and no data? (The operator unlocks the phone and then gives it to everyone here)

Thanks Mate! Appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by lillstar12 View Post
    Hmm okay fixed the wifi issue , just restored re jailbroke but this time i used my mac and not windows.....

....Just prooves again macs are the way forward

Im now loving my iphone 3GS unlocked and fully operational

Now to delete freeze

Quote Originally Posted by Giants2222
    should I update my iphone 3gs to 3.1 before doing this or leave it on 3.0?
    Do not update to 3.1!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Default purplera1n not launching for mac?
    I've downloaded, restarted 2 times and tried launching purplera1n with no luck. Nothing happens. I've got Macbook 2ghz intel core duo. Any ideas?

use redsnow by the iPhone Dev Team

@

Default winterboard
    does winterboard work?

thanks....this thing is really helpful

Angry Yeah
    So I see pages and pages of I cannot do this, or it doesn't do that, and it makes me wonder how it can be soo difficult, I downloaded Purplera1n ran the program, and done, I ran it on all 3 of my phones, 1st gen (the one that cost money) 2nd gen (3g) and 3rd gen (3gs), and it worked like a charm, each time was simple, it did NOT hang, it did NOT crash, it DID take sometime, but no more than 2 minutes per phone.

I've never had a problem jailbreaking my phone, 2.0.2 was time consuming, but it wasn't extremely hard. I probably have one of the least stable systems out there, but it was very easy

System Specs
    Dell Latitude XT (1st gen)
    Intel Core 2 Duo 1.33 Ghz
    5 GB ram
    64 bit OS
    Touch Screen ...

low end system, unstable OS ... quit whining, and take the time to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomew Senycle View Post

quit whining, and take the time to read.
    Oh, and if you cannot figure it out, take your phone back to the AT&T or Apple Store, and tell them it's to advanced for you to use. and ask them for a pen and paper instead...

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomew Senycle View Post

quit whining, and take the time to read.
    Oh and I just tested it on a VM running OS X 10.5.4, works just fine ...
    Last edited by Bartholomew Senycle; 2009-07-22 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast