Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: purplera1n RC2 out for Win & OSX!

are most people verifying that PUSH notification is not broken after this jailbreak?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mac3194 View Post
    when i try on a vista 32bit it goes through the whole process loads up the geohot bootscreen and then it takes like 15 minutes to get out of that it restarts but no freez any help appreciated
    Restart the phone, and if that don't work then do the J/B again.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zwayne View Post
    Restart the phone, and if that don't work then do the J/B again.
    I tried that on my hubby's 3gs last night, jailbroke it twice, no freeze. Did a full restore, set up as new phone, JB, still no freeze. Tonight I am going to try RC2 on it & see what happens!

I know this question has been asked but I don't remember where and don't recall an answer. But my gps is not functioning correctly. It seems to be all over the place. I just flew out to Alaska and really need it cuz I'm a Cali boy.

PS...was working fine before the jb

iPhone? More like MyPhone Get_Zwole's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mac3194 View Post
    when i try on a vista 32bit it goes through the whole process loads up the geohot bootscreen and then it takes like 15 minutes to get out of that it restarts but no freez any help appreciated
    Mine just went to the geo image and sat there. I had to restore the phone then use a xp system to do it. Are you running it as administrator?
    Iphone 3G{S} 16gb Black

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Wink purplera1n RC2 out
    Quote Originally Posted by Get_Zwole View Post
    Mine just went to the geo image and sat there. I had to restore the phone then use a xp system to do it. Are you running it as administrator?
    make sure Itunes is not open (running). it might help

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SharpieBandit View Post
    RC2 can be used over RC1 without re-jailbreaking. As far as I know, GeoHot does NOT have a Mac so I'd only expect Windows releases from him.

Hold power+home to restart and it *should* start into the splash screen for purplera1n.
    i did and it kept rebooting into recovery

iPhone? More like MyPhone Get_Zwole's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wtfkeyhole2pro View Post
    make sure Itunes is not open (running). it might help
    when i tried it wouldnt work until i opened itunes and had it running. After that on the xp it worked just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by ca3 View Post
    i did and it kept rebooting into recovery
    this is what mine did the first time which is why i had to restore it. After that i tried it on my dads xp laptop and it worked fine.
    Iphone 3G{S} 16gb Black

just got an answer from geo in twitter that mac version will come *soon* :-)
    //Hackīz

8GB 1:st gen. FW 3.1.2 Pwnage v3.1.4, 16GB 1:st gen. FW 3.1.2 Pwnage v3.1.4, 16GB 3Gs FW 3.1.3 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken Pwnage v3.1.4, 32GB 3Gs FW 4.0.1 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken jbme.com
    16GB 4G FW 4..2.1 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken GP
    16GB iPad WiFi FW 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP, 32GB iPad WiFi+3G FW 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP, ATV2 fw 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP
    MacBookPro OS X 10.6.6 1TB HD

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Get_Zwole View Post
    when i tried it wouldnt work until i opened itunes and had it running. After that on the xp it worked just fine.

this is what mine did the first time which is why i had to restore it. After that i tried it on my dads xp laptop and it worked fine.
    I've been holding off on saying anything on this, but now is probably the time. This morning I decided to go up to RC2, and I don't know if this was the problem or not, but I neglected to open iTunes first. I noticed that the geohot splash screen came up, then flashed to the recovery icon, then right back to geohot. I wouldn't have seen it if I hadn't been paying attention it was so fast. After that the phone never recovered. I was stuck in restore mode so hard I was forced into a restore. The next try I made SURE iTunes was OPEN. Then the JB ran so fast I was amazed. Now working beautifully again.

Livin the iPhone Life SharpieBandit's Avatar
    Thanks

Ahhh crap. I saw a someone complaining about the Maps app not working so I tried mine. I can't get Current Location to work. Can someone confirm this WORKING on their phone?

Nvm, it is working now.
    Steam ID: gentrytj
    Origin ID: gentrytj
    Gamertag: TJ McHoonigan
    PSN ID: TheWyzeMan
    Twitch.TV: TJ_McHoonigan

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Jailbreak here I come, I'm on Mac though and cba waiting 10 minutes for XP to load *sighs*
    Last edited by MetallicaFan1991; 2009-07-04 at 11:30 PM.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Thanks

i can confirm it wont work on 3.1, got stuck in recovery, opened quickpwn got it to boot and no freeze

Thanks

i can confirm it wont work on 3.1, got stuck in recovery, opened quickpwn got it to boot and no freeze
    Why did you open QuickPWN to get it to boot? All you have to do is hold power+home to reset the phone. Were you trying to run RC2 over the RC1 release? If so, since it isn't showing up for anyone I'm assuming that the kernal patches are being updated without having to install Freeze. Remember, Freeze's one use was to install Cydia.

EDIT: Sorry I've been saying that Freeze will show up again. I researched and found this from BigBoss:
    Quote Originally Posted by BiggBoss
    If you already jailbroke with the old one, just run this from the pc over the top of your existing jailbreak. You will not get a freeze icon, the kernel and fixes will be updated wtihout it. If you didnít jailbreak, now is the time as it works very well.
    Last edited by SharpieBandit; 2009-07-04 at 11:30 PM.

Thanks

Why did you open QuickPWN to get it to boot? All you have to do is hold power+home to reset the phone. Were you trying to run RC2 over the RC1 release? If so, since it isn't showing up for anyone I'm assuming that the kernal patches are being updated without having to install Freeze. Remember, Freeze's one use was to install Cydia.

EDIT: Sorry I've been saying that Freeze will show up again. I researched and found this from BigBoss:

i tried that abut 30 times and it kept booting into recovery ... i just tried the one that was on his site a few hours ago. and no i just ran for this first time

Hi Guyz!!! Do you guyz think running Windows on my Mac will work this purple rain? Or just gonna wait for Mac version?

Thanks

i tried that abut 30 times and it kept booting into recovery ... i just tried the one that was on his site a few hours ago. and no i just ran for this first time
    Use this guide: 3gs jailbreak released and guide help for install | iPhone News, Help and Guides

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil0610 View Post
    Hi Guyz!!! Do you guyz think running Windows on my Mac will work this purple rain? Or just gonna wait for Mac version?

So far it has been hit or miss with a Mac.
    Last edited by SharpieBandit; 2009-07-04 at 11:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

18. The Following User Says Thank You to SharpieBandit For This Useful Post:

daredevil0610 (2009-07-04)

Ran RC2 right over RC1 but ended-up getting stuck on the geohot screenie, so was forced to Restore and do the Jailbreak all over again with iTunes OPEN. Worked like a charm. I did this on a little Window XP mini HP 2140.

What do u mean by hit n miss?

Thanks

Use this guide: 3gs jailbreak released and guide help for install | iPhone News, Help and Guides

So far it has been hit or miss with a Mac.
    hmm i really want this to work.. but ive tried his steps 3 or 4 times now with no luck...

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast