Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: purplera1n RC2 out for Win & OSX!

Quote Originally Posted by dbet21 View Post
    no offense to the geohot guy but the windows version of purplerain sucks. No doubt it worked the first try and i got to install cydia. But with so many errors and lack of speed i decided to restore and jb again. Still same thing and my app store wont even open,neither will my skype. Wish i was as lucky as the mac users. Guess i'll have to wait for the dev team

windows version sucks

too bad there isnt a life button on the computer , i would tell you to hit delete !!!

NO MORE NEEDS TO BE SAID!!

Thanks

winterboard is almost here?

Twitpic / p0sixninja

Wow! I cant belive all the people on here complaining. Anyway I just wanted to say thank you to geohot and everyone else for the help. I now have my 3gs jailbroken!!!!!

i just jailbroke my 3Gs.....was quick and easy on my windows xp laptop only about a minute. works great. thanks
    16gb white 3G iphone jailbroken on 2.0.2

I have a problem that maybe someone here can help me with.
    I had a jailbroken 3Gs phone with AT&T running well, when all of a sudden, I got a network error. It then said I had to restore through iTunes. When I tried to restore it kept giving me an error. I tried putting it on DFU mode, but still won't restore.
    Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by kwan View Post
    I have a problem that maybe someone here can help me with.
    I had a jailbroken 3Gs phone with AT&T running well, when all of a sudden, I got a network error. It then said I had to restore through iTunes. When I tried to restore it kept giving me an error. I tried putting it on DFU mode, but still won't restore.
    Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance
    What version of itunes are you using? Do you know what the error said? Ill try to help out if I can

Quote Originally Posted by lilzone View Post
    What version of itunes are you using? Do you know what the error said? Ill try to help out if I can
    I'm using iTunes 8.2
    The first error before putting it on DFU mode is no Sim card inserted. Then after putting in DFU mode, it errors out with error 23. This pops up during the part when it says its contacting apple.
    The weird thing is if I restart from DFU mode, the phone goes to restore mode, but I can see my intelliscreen over it. Also I can change "My profiles" profiles via my volume buttons.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ifonemaniac's Avatar
    Thanks

On an unrelated topic... when do you all think the first REAL BIG trojan/malware/virus is gonna hit the iPhone/iPod community

OS X - excellent enough to put on phones LGgeek's Avatar
    Thanks

Default what works with PurpleRa1n rc2, will there be 2 JB methods ?
    I was wondering if there is a list of what works with PurpleRa1n rc2.

Also I have read that winterboard and other apps will not work and it has something to do with kernel patches. So I was wondering if you JB using PurpleRa1n rc2 when the patches become available will there be an easy fix or will it be a new JB (rc3) and you start over ?

For me there is confusion reading some of the comments here and on Saurik's twitter page ("The code signature related errors you are seeing with PurpleRa1n are a different, unrelated, problem with its kernel patches").

And why hasn't the Dev Team released their JB ?

Basically I'm trying to sort out if I JB now using PurpleRa1n when fix/patches come out will
    I be able to apply them or is this going to turn into competing JB using incompatible methods.

why did we do the capture iBEC and iBSS exercise as it doesn't sem to be needed for this JB.

I apologize in advance for the folks that are going to flame me and will point to a sentence here or quote there but these are usually wrapped in an "you already know what we are talking about" secret code kind of discussion.

Thanks
    Last edited by LGgeek; 2009-07-07 at 07:14 AM.
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.

Is anyone who is on ATT having problems getting any connectivity out of there wifi? I connect to my network but with no ability to get out on the net. this just started happening last night.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by takeiteasym3 View Post
    Is anyone who is on ATT having problems getting any connectivity out of there wifi? I connect to my network but with no ability to get out on the net. this just started happening last night.

thanks
    no

Quote Originally Posted by LGgeek View Post

Also I have read that winterboard and other apps will not work and it has something to do with kernel patches. So I was wondering if you JB using PurpleRa1n rc2 when the patches become available will there be an easy fix or will it be a new JB (rc3) and you start over ?

For me there is confusion reading some of the comments here and on Saurik's twitter page ("The code signature related errors you are seeing with PurpleRa1n are a different, unrelated, problem with its kernel patches").

Basically I'm trying to sort out if I JB now using PurpleRa1n when fix/patches come out will
    I be able to apply them or is this going to turn into competing JB using incompatible methods.

why did we do the capture iBEC and iBSS exercise as it doesn't sem to be needed for this JB.

I apologize in advance for the folks that are going to flame me and will point to a sentence here or quote there but these are usually wrapped in an "you already know what we are talking about" secret code kind of discussion.

Thanks
    +1
    Last edited by nhoj_yelbom; 2009-07-07 at 07:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I had no probs w/jailbreak. BUT my freaking battery dissapeared like 1% every 2-3 minutes and i had barely just got done w/jailbreak. Not alot of anything installed or running at all.!!!!????!!!! So I restored and all is good again.

Anyone else have this problem????
    MNNJR69

i cant seem to use it for my iphone 3g(not 3gs)... i accidently restored it to 3.1 and now i cant downgrade... its stuck at recovery mode.. after clicking make it rain, it says done!wait... but iphone restarts, in 3 seconds back to recovery mode.. pls help

There would be no way to accidentally restore to 3.1 but nonetheless
    I'm in the same boat. Is there a way to downgrade back to 3.0? I don't care
    about the baseband for unlock. Thanks for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by bschucher View Post
    There would be no way to accidentally restore to 3.1 but nonetheless
    I'm in the same boat. Is there a way to downgrade back to 3.0? I don't care
    about the baseband for unlock. Thanks for any help.
    try this.. http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...3-1-3-0-a.html

In the link above it says to use redsn0w to jailbreak. If you have a 3GS use purplera1n instead. Good luck!
    Last edited by unregistered; 2009-07-07 at 03:09 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LGgeek View Post

Thanks
    The problems / updates with purplera1n can be put onto your iPhone by simply downloading the latest purplera1n and running it again. This takes about 20 seconds and then reboots. No restoring, nothing else, simple as. Because saurik (Cydia) and geohot/chronic dev do not work directly with eachother there was going to be a time gap between geohots jailbreak and an updated kernel etc etc. Winterboard seems to be working now with todays update and mobilesubstrate has been updated aswell so ive got some testing out myself to do.

The dev team have now released their jailbreak for the 3GS:

MuscleNerd (MuscleNerd) on Twitter

We need to capture the iBEC + iBSS because the 3GS is different from every iphone before it. Each time the phone is restored it gets signed by its unique codes (iBEC + iBSS). this is a new thing that hasnt needed to be looked at before, like a new security loophole for apple.

The dev-team(s) believe that by obtaining your files now, you can use them to sign future firmwares (think pwnage tool) and become jailbroken at 3.1, then 3.2 etc etc. I believe this is a kind of bug in the 3.0 firmware and as soon as 3.1 comes out noone will be able to generate their iBEC or iBSS files, and all phones coming with 3.1 preloaded will have to wait X number of weeks for a brand new jailbreak.

Sorry its a bit scatty, i just write what i think. Hope it helps
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

Quote Originally Posted by unregistered View Post
    try this.. http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...3-1-3-0-a.html

In the link above it says to use redsn0w to jailbreak. If you have a 3GS use purplera1n instead. Good luck!
    i did look at that.. the way they say to use quickpwn, it doesnt work for me because after i restore it and get the error in itunes and open up quickpwn, it doesnt detect my phone.... should i try the method he said to uninstall itunes 8.2 and reinstall 8.1.1 and stuff? cuz idk if i shud waste my time on it...

OS X - excellent enough to put on phones LGgeek's Avatar
    Thanks

Jailbroke last night using purplerain, worked like a charm no issues.
    I have winterboard, categories, wifi, app store, and a few others. Only thing I found that crashes is stacks.
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.

Default Issues with Purplera1n
    iPhone 3GS 3.0 with Mac OSX 10.5.7

Install went well - Freeze worked - got Cydia

Installed some sources - installed the package "All Sources" by SteffWiz, which is just a bunch of trusted sources.

Installed SBSettings, installed Cydelete

Once I installed Intelliscreen, things went way wrong - I installed the [email protected] Intelliscreen from Xsellize - after reboot, Springboard came back up and it was fluttering and flickering and dancing all over the place - the weirdest thing. I hit the sleep button, then hit it again, slide to unlock and it was back to normal.

Uninstalled Freeze and uninstalled Intelliscreen

THEN - I couldn't get the "phone" application to work after that - you know, the green "Phone" icon we use to launch dialpad, voicemail, recent calls, favorite contacts, really important stuff? When I would press the green phone button it would act like it wanted to launch, but would then just crash and go right back to Springboard.

Tried re-spring, soft reset, reboot, power down, nothing worked.

Re-installed official 3.0 - but I had to go DFU to get it to take.

So, maybe I will try Redsn0w...

EDIT: Maybe part of the problem is that I tried to install the [email protected] Intelliscreen without having the mobileinstallationpatch installed - does anyone know if the MI patch 3.0 works for 3GS? I haven't heard anything about it anywhere...maybe because it's [email protected]..?
    Last edited by pentatonic145; 2009-07-08 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Afterthought

Green Apple
    Thanks

how long does the download part of purplera1n take....its been on that for about 10 minutes now...is it frozen or is this normal??
    (im on MAC OSX)
    Previous Phone: AT&T Tilt
    Rom:Phoenix3 Win6.5 -Also Running Android 1.5-
    Radio:1.71.xx.x

Carrier: AT&T

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast