Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: purplera1n RC2 out for Win & OSX!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ForumSnoBorderRK View Post
    thanks bro! appreciate it. i know thats kind of a stupid question but ive made a few stupid mistakes before and didnt want to make them again.

hey another question, when I jailbreak it, is there any further need to have freeze there or can i just delete it with cydelete? (will i ever need "Freeze" again)
    Ye you can delete it using cydelete if you like.

Personally, i installed sbsettings then when to more>hide icons and just turned freeze off. I have no problem with it being there if i cant see it and if it is ever needed can always switch it back to on and its back there on my springboard.
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'm out of jail at last!!!

Big ups to Geohot!!! Way to make it rain.

Quote Originally Posted by lilskaterpunk View Post
    Just like posted above comment. Geohotz said he fixed the issues and its all up to Saruik...?

Has anyone tried RC2a Windows with Windows 7 64bit?

What is all changed in RC2a? Geohot said a few things...

RC2a w/ Windows 7/64 here without any problems.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to xxdobermanxx For This Useful Post:

lilskaterpunk (2009-07-06)

Quote Originally Posted by hydroabiscuit View Post
    can anyone else confirm this at least for t-mobile USA networks?
    Confirmed two other phones tmobile network- wifi, edge, ect all working. Give it about 5-10 min to work the weird no sim, searching.... three days now and no issues!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Is anyone getting an error when trying to install **********?

Thanks

ran RC1, got stuck in restore mode and and had to restore with iTunes... ran RC2 and the same thing... tried restarting purplerain and restarting phone a bunch of times and no luck... whatev...

Running: Windows Vista

Theme Creator
    Thanks

I've read that having iTunes open when running RC2 helps...though I have no idea how it helps. If it freezes up, or hangs while trying to install, close and restart purple rain, but leave the phone on the whole time. That worked for me.

Jailbreak worked and have everything working I have tried.

One thing I noticed is that if I reboot the phone it takes much longer. Is that normal?

Quote Originally Posted by kennyl View Post
    Confirmed two other phones tmobile network- wifi, edge, ect all working. Give it about 5-10 min to work the weird no sim, searching.... three days now and no issues!
    my t-mo coverage is excellent, the wifi is just borking a little...drops every so often. should i just leave it be for now and let it sort itself out?

mine also...it's kinda frustating.

Quote Originally Posted by WooTek View Post
    mine also...it's kinda frustating.
    A theory is, if ultrasn0w is causing the wifi to jank up, wouldn't it be logical to just disable it until a working version? i mean as long as the wifi works well under the JB (which it has), then we should be ok 'till dev releases an update HOPEFULLY soon

I downloaded the RC2 but I get this message saying "You already have the same file on your computer, do you want to replace it?" is the file size of RC1 and RC2 the same? I jailbroke it again after installing RC2 but I can't seemed to find any changes...after installing ultrasn0w my wi-fi is dropping up and down so often...do I have to install Cydia again after jailbreaking with RC2?

Thanks

The new one will replace it yes cause its the same name but a few bytes larger. Nothing to worry about.

Default purple rain
    no offense to the geohot guy but the windows version of purplerain sucks. No doubt it worked the first try and i got to install cydia. but with so many errors and lack of speed i decided to restore and jb again. still same thing and my app store wont even open,neither will my skype. Wish i was as lucky as the mac users. Guess i'll have to wait for the dev team

windows version sucks
    Last edited by dbet21; 2009-07-06 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by dbet21 View Post
    no offense to the geohot guy but the windows version of purplerain sucks. No doubt it worked the first try and i got to install cydia. but with so many errors and lack of speed i decided to restore and jb again. still same thing and my app store wont even open,neither will my skype. Wish i was as lucky as the mac users. Guess i'll have to wait for the dev team

windows version sucks
    ^^ fail

"no offense" and then you blast the guy who gave us a free JB? It seems to me that MANY Windows users (including me) have installed the JB with no problems. Sounds like user error.

After I jailbroke i was having trouble with my GPS being very inaccurate (20-30 miles away) so I did some searching on google and found the GPS recalibration procedure and I tried it now my GPS is working perfectly

So, for anyone having trouble with their GPS not working properly after jailbreaking, try the following:

- Go to settings, general, auto-lock, change it from 1 Minute to NEVER
    - Go to settings, general, reset, reset network settings (THIS WILL REBOOT YOUR IPHONE)
    - Go outside, in a clear place with NO tree's, buildings, or anything blocking your view of the sky
    - Open "MAPS", click NO on all that wi-fi crap, then click the little gps icon, and let it sync up with the satellites (this could take a few minutes)

windows version sucks
    Sorry dude no offense but YOU suck...This is not usually something I'd say but I had to....just dont use his free Beta JB then...did you even try to use a different machine or maybe even read troubleshooting guides? I just got a call from someone who experienced the same issues you're having on pawnage for MAC with a 3G phone. Does that mean the Devteam's tool sucks also?

These things happen free loader, free tools yet you bash them.

Sorry for the rant everyone else

19. The Following User Says Thank You to PCeasar For This Useful Post:

krazy4me2bme (2009-07-07)

Quote Originally Posted by equlizer View Post
    The new one will replace it yes cause its the same name but a few bytes larger. Nothing to worry about.
    I was expecting it to be few bytes larger but it was exactly the same size.

Quote Originally Posted by xxdobermanxx View Post
    RC2a w/ Windows 7/64 here without any problems.
    Thanks for the info.

Thanks

windows version sucks
    Have you installed tricker3g or voipover3g?

Apple have tweaked something becuase slingplayer+itunes store + appstore, basically anything that requires a wifi connection will quit to the home screen if you have one of these installed.

Uninstall it and its fine.

The JB is perfect and if the dev-team released one the only difference would be the size of the download (it includes cydia).
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast