Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS Jailbreak purplera1n Released! [Windows]

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NessLookAlike View Post
    IF ANYONE IS GOING TO POST CLAIMS ABOUT WINDOWS 7, PLEASE INCLUDE INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR WINDOWS 7 BUILD, SUCH AS:

-BUILD NUMBER,
    -32-BIT or 64-BIT,
    -ANY COMPATIBILITY OPTIONS USED.

LETS CUT THE AMBIGUITY AND BE MORE SPECIFIC FOR THOSE WHO ARE HAVING PROBLEMS. Thank you.
    ... Chill with the large font.
    I used Windows 7 64bit and it did not work. I used the RC1.
    I dual booted to XP 32bit SP3 and it worked like a charm on my first try.

I think when he said it doesn't work for Windows 7 he meant it. However I read someone having success with Windows 7 so I'm not sure what to say.

All I can say is, it didn't work for me, but XP worked.

worked perfect for me on my hp mini 1000

entire process from download to install to reboot and install of cydia and another reboot took less then 5 minutes and i'm on a bus using the tethering feature for my internet connection!

thanks GEO

Quote Originally Posted by kissdaring View Post
    i am sorry to say but this JB sucks *** i got about a thousand erros till i was able to restore my phone to its normal setting, will be waiting on DEV's relese as the have not let down yet.

PS: WTF who still runs win xp when 7 is out for the public.

note: got stuck on waiting for phone to boot up, even tho i had is to comatability mode on XP with service pack 3
    I think you might be a little slow. I have had no problems with this at all. Of course Winterboard doesn't work...it needs work both from the dev team AND Saurik...it's not 3GS compatible yet. Jailbreak method was flawless as long as you have patience and follow instructions.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

FYI: Cyntact from the cydia store will make the iphone go into safe mode and it wont come out of it. I tried rebooting and it booted into safe mode. Once uninstalled no more safe mode.

out of curiosity

does jailbreaking and using a "hacked app" make push notification not work?

I have beejive that i purchased before jailbreaking, and then installed the hacked IM+ 3.1 with push after jailbreaking with 3GS, and although when i open IM+ it has all the messages as if it was connected the whole time - it does not send me a text to update me

and it is enabled in the settings to receive the sms notifications. just wondering

^No support for cracked/warez/pirated here.

Thanks

Default can u say just a slight improvement in memory!!!!!!!

can i unjailbreak after installing this? or am i stuck with it?

Default It works like charm!
    I just jailbroke my 3GS, and it work like charm. I had a problem at the beginng, but it was my fault. I did not upgrade Itunes, but as soon as I upgrade Itunes, it works just fine. Cydia needs to be installed after the jailbreake. An icon called "Freeze" will be install and bingo!

Thank you very much GeoHotz, and everybody else!

Default 3gs jailbrake
    So i took the plunge and jailbroke my 3gs. most things seem to work fine, although i am having a few issues. I cant get into the app store app, it just crashes same with my slingplayer app. All my other apps work fine. Also i cant ssh into the phone. Has anyone had these issues?

Large font was meant to grab attention of the many people that pop in and out claiming W7 working fine, not represent me yelling or angry.

I suspect, however, that what is separating people using Windows 7 fine and not working at all is whether they are using 32 or 64 bit. It might even be as simple as whether they're using 32 or 64 bit version of iTunes. I'm going to uninstall 64 bit and reinstall 32 bit now, will update momentarily.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by takeiteasym3 View Post
    So i took the plunge and jailbroke my 3gs. most things seem to work fine, although i am having a few issues. I cant get into the app store app, it just crashes same with my slingplayer app. All my other apps work fine. Also i cant ssh into the phone. Has anyone had these issues?
    It's something you installed in Cydia. Like tricker3g or voipover3g or maybe backgrounder (which didn't work for me anyways)

Uninstalling will fix it.

did anyone try restoring with a default 3.0 after using purplera1n? can we unjailbreak?

Thanks

Now to get cyduck to work???

^+1 among other things.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Lol i find funny how ppl complained that they wanted the JB too come out ASAP and nomatter how complicated it was they wanted it now and they can deal with the complexity of the jb. now that its out... theres a simple solution. Install WinXP for those that have troubles with mac/win7 or vista thats all

ok thanks popdog23. i removed tricker3g and that fixed my slingplayer. but the app store still crashes. If i cant run tricker3g how will i get my sling t work on 3g?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mastermindx85 View Post
    DFC what you do is exit out of purplerain and keep running it clicking make it ra1n and it will work thats exactly what happened to me. let me know if it works
    ya mine worked but then itunes opened and said i need to restore do i just restore and try again

Ok removed voip and now the app store app works. thakns

the last thing left to fix is ssh. i am getting this error
    Cannot initialize SFTP protocol. Is the host running a SFTP server?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Go Gators's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm jealous!! I have 2 computers in my house but they are both Mac's running 10.5.7, ughh!! My 3gs has been sitting here staring at me for over a week now wanting to be jailbroken and unlocked so it can be used! Guess I need to be a little more patient. Damn it! I hate being patient! lol.

Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast