Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS Jailbreak purplera1n Released! [Windows]

Thanks

I had JB with RC1... Since SSH wasn't working, I decided to JB again with RC2 this time... but now, even though I use RC2 and the device reboots normally, I never see the Freeze icon...

I think it's cause I hide the icon with SBSettings at my previous JB... What do you think ?

Tomorrow, I will may be restore AND put my iphone like a NEW iphone... Perhaps, you have another idea ?
    Iphone 1st gen, 3,0 Unlock & Jailbroken
    Iphone 3GS, UNABLE to "Make it rain"

Quote Originally Posted by knight12 View Post
    I had JB with RC1... Since SSH wasn't working, I decided to JB again with RC2 this time... but now, even though I use RC2 and the device reboots normally, I never see the Freeze icon...

I think it's cause I hide the icon with SBSettings at my previous JB... What do you think ?

Tomorrow, I will may be restore AND put my iphone like a NEW iphone... Perhaps, you have another idea ?
    thats what id do, start from the ground up. it will most likely work for you

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rogobono View Post
    thats what id do, start from the ground up. it will most likely work for you
    I thought that I read somewhere if you JB with rc1 and then with rc2 you won't need the freeze icon since you should already have cydia. The rc2 for the rc1 jbers is just a patch for the kernal.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cerote View Post
    I thought that I read somewhere if you JB with rc1 and then with rc2 you won't need the freeze icon since you should already have cydia. The rc2 for the rc1 jbers is just a patch for the kernal.
    You are correct.
    160GB iPod Classic
    8GB 2G - Firmware 2.2.1 PWN'D
    8GB 3G - Firmware 3.0 PWN'D
    16GB 3G S - Firmware 3.0 Ra1n'n Purple
    64GB iPad 3G - Spirit'd
    32GB iPhone 4

maybe i missed a full answer... but if we already JB 3GS with RC1... do we NEED to do RC2? is that the only way to get the fixes or whatever that they updated... and if so, what are those updates exactly for?

and also if so.... then what method do we need to do to go from JB 3GS with RC1 to JB w/RC2?

Quote Originally Posted by Rogobono View Post
    I needed an ATT sim card to activate it first time Bmxtreme
    Thanks Rogobono, I remember I jalbroke the 3G with redsn0w and it also activated it automatically. So I guess, Purplera1n won't do so?

Quote Originally Posted by stylin97 View Post
    maybe i missed a full answer... but if we already JB 3GS with RC1... do we NEED to do RC2? is that the only way to get the fixes or whatever that they updated... and if so, what are those updates exactly for?

and also if so.... then what method do we need to do to go from JB 3GS with RC1 to JB w/RC2?
    Fixes numerous things.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I ctivated, jb(RC2) unlocked(ultrasnow) mine and it worked fine but i think my wifi is not working. any help please?

FINALLY IT WORKED! thank you very much! don't care for the winterboard for now just wanna give you a million thanks!

i install sbsettings and its hang upon installation when i forced reboot it, its wifi get off again. what will i do pls help me
    Last edited by talibatab; 2009-07-05 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by stylin97 View Post

Just run purplera1n RC2 over the top of RC1 it will fix the kernel patches and stop the code signature warnings. Also paves the way for winterboard once saurik updates it for the 3GS
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Jailbroken!! Finally!!
    Last edited by MetallicaFan1991; 2009-07-05 at 01:59 PM.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Quote Originally Posted by bmxtreme View Post
    Thanks Rogobono, I remember I jalbroke the 3G with redsn0w and it also activated it automatically. So I guess, Purplera1n won't do so?
    np man, and ya, at the moment it doesnt do activation.. but maybe in the near future? the dev teams JB will have it for sure.(if its ever released)

Ive used purplrrain to jailbreak, then unlocked with ultrasnow and everything is working, apart from the ability to send and recieve mms messages? does any one know if this should work when using an orange uk sim?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,225 Times in 871 Posts

I don't know if this is been answer allready but to JB 3GS with purplera1n, do i need the files that i have to get putting the phone on DFU mode? Or i don't need it anymore?

Thanks

I didnt need the files, so i would guess NO.

Quote Originally Posted by dae699 View Post
    Ive used purplrrain to jailbreak, then unlocked with ultrasnow and everything is working, apart from the ability to send and recieve mms messages? does any one know if this should work when using an orange uk sim?
    im not familiar with that cellular provider, do they have MMS enabled services? if so find out what the APNs are for it, go to settings, enter em, restart phone, and you should have the camera icon next to the text entry in SMS program.

winterboard will not work on 3gs never apple blocked it lol

Green Apple
    Thanks
    finally jailbroke after doing a restore with rc1.
    but im unable to get 3g or edge to work,im in the uk on o2 if any one as any sugestions.

Quote Originally Posted by petterloco1 View Post
    winterboard will not work on 3gs never apple blocked it lol
    Not true

so is there a list of what apps work and what apps dont. Also im new to jb and have taken a few app suggestions from others.. is there more apps that I dont know about?backgrounder and prefs were like the first to have

just finished jailbraking my 3gs and it works great, thanks Geohot...now only thing missing is winterboard to be complete.
    list of apps
    -mx tube
    -instalous (works perfecly)
    -iblacklist

Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast