Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS Jailbreak purplera1n Released! [Windows]

iPhone? More like MyPhone Farrizx's Avatar
    Thanks

just made it free for anyone to use just dont claim it as ur own

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ktula View Post
    It seems to me that we have a lot of thieves from Canada who can afford a $199 (probably more) phone but is not willing to pay $0.99 for the app. What is up with that?

I am suggesting to the moderator of this forum banning your account for stealing apps and talking about your stolen apps. Anyone else with me on this?
    Wow your not bright are you? 0.99? Doom alone is 9.99, and thats 1 game of tens of thousands of apps on appstore... ya.. im gonna buy they 0.99 apps but im not buying the 5-10 dollar ones :P

And you can suggest all you want. but JB alone is stealing from apple so then the mods and the jb's and even you are stealing lol.
    Last edited by finalfantasy; 2009-07-04 at 07:25 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lilskaterpunk View Post
    So do you guys think trying the RC2 release is worth it? I have not tried jailbreaking my 3GS due to a few issues and well im using Win 7. Now RC2 supports it and seems maybe worth a try or just hold of until a final release?
    I had all kinds of problems with the first release. Then I downloaded RC2 and using the same computer (with no changes at all) it took all of 30 seconds to JB. I say go for it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DiverRich For This Useful Post:

lilskaterpunk (2009-07-04)

Quote Originally Posted by DiverRich View Post
    I had all kinds of problems with the first release. Then I downloaded RC2 and using the same computer (with no changes at all) it took all of 30 seconds to JB. I say go for it.
    Ya, I might just go for it. I keep reading many comments though of how some structures are missing for certain apps. So that has me holding off till another update is released lol Ill let ya know how it goes that if I try!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I personally got the same results when installing RC2 on top of RC1. (just froze on the picture)
    I'm assuming the non problematic way to get it done is to actually "backup" your phone first, then do a restore (shift + Restore should do it) then install RC2 and finally restore from your backup...

Currently i'm restoring to a clean copy of 3.0 right now
    There're never enough iPhone Mods
    If anything I said helped you, Please press the Thanks! button

i went from the beta to the RC2 and im on vista 64bit and it didnt work i was stuck with the such a "hot" picture lol so I'm currently undergoing a restore.. I'm a newbie to this but when you guys say "backup" do you use itunes to back up or are you using a third party software to achieve this?

iTunes backs up when you sync. Or you can right click on the iPhone in the far left column and manually select "Backup" from there

Quote Originally Posted by arich View Post
    iTunes backs up when you sync. Or you can right click on the iPhone in the far left column and manually select "Backup" from there
    ok so your using itunes, my next question should be where are the files saved.. so if i hold Shift and click restore it should get my back up file correct?? cuz i made a backup via itunes this morning but had to restore just now... am i outta luck now that the restore completed or can i load my backup?

also im guess i lost my jb? the backup that was made this morning had jb on it.. again sorry im new
    Last edited by z28kid; 2009-07-04 at 09:14 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

@z28kid - Once you finish your restore iTunes will give you the option to set up your phone as a new phone or to restore from a backup. Also, you can right click on your iPhone device icon in iTunes and it will give you the option to restore from a backup. However a full restore is a bit different that restoring a backup.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to DiverRich For This Useful Post:

z28kid (2009-07-04)

I'm using Vista 64bit and I used the RC2 and had absolutely no problems with the jailbreak. I did create the folder C\Program Files\\Common Files\\Apple\\Mobile Device Support\\bin and placed the iTunesMobileDevice.dll file into the folder before I started. Easiest, fastest jb ever.

@DiverRich, Thankyou.. I was just in fear that I was going to lose my contacts. only thing I had lost was the jb but that was easily regained now. Only thing is with it on my phone again I dont seem to have cydia in my settings on my phone. Strange because the first time I had it before I went RC2. I have even turned off the phone holding the sleep button and I also tried doing a hard shutoff or whatever that may be called. Hold sleep and home button until phone is off. After restarting the phone and checking the settings I still did not have a cydia setting. But I have a cydia icon and freeze icon and I am able to run cydia without any issues? go figure.. any help would be nice

Have successfully jailbroken and unlocked my iphone 3G S! Purplerain RC2 worked flawlessly. Im on T-Mobile USA, Now have 5 Icon Dock, Edge, Wifi does work perfectly. All phone calls are coming in clear, video/camera glitch free. Havent tried anything with winterboard, probably wont anyway, not a big fan of it. No offense . If you have any questions just PM me or ask, I am here to help, Happy 4th World!

It works!

When I was installing Cydia, the bar got stuck on 75%. I pressed the home button to exit Freeze but there was no Cydia.

I had to power off & power on to get Cydia to show up.
    Isnít it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?
    -- Douglas Adams

Will this work on non-activated iPhone?

I needed an ATT sim card to activate it first time Bmxtreme

Quote Originally Posted by finalfantasy View Post
    Wow your not bright are you? 0.99? Doom alone is 9.99, and thats 1 game of tens of thousands of apps on appstore... ya.. im gonna buy they 0.99 apps but im not buying the 5-10 dollar ones :P

And you can suggest all you want. but JB alone is stealing from apple so then the mods and the jb's and even you are stealing lol.
    Are you living in some kind of fantasy world, where right is wrong and wrong is right? Just because Doom app for iPhone costs $9.99 does not mean it's a legit app for you to steal. No one is forcing you to buy those "tens of thousands of apps" on the app store. Jailbreaking may or may not be legal but why is that stealing from Apple? I paid for my iPhone and i signed up a 2-year contract for it. So tell me which part of that is stealing from Apple? Are you a freaking idiot?

Please inform your fellow thieves that this forum is not meant for discussing stolen apps. You are welcome to discuss any non-stolen apps stuff though.

Us T-Mobile users don't have an AT&T SIM card to activate since Purplera1n doesn't activate makes it difficult. I just did a restore to copy my IBSS and IBEC now I need to activate my phone again but can't... any other way besides valid AT&T SIM?

Quote Originally Posted by dv8ed View Post
    Us T-Mobile users don't have an AT&T SIM card to activate since Purplera1n doesn't activate makes it difficult. I just did a restore to copy my IBSS and IBEC now I need to activate my phone again but can't... any other way besides valid AT&T SIM?
    my advice to you and all who are having this problem (which I did), either find a friend or family member with an ATT sim and borrow it for a lickity split second, OR do what I did, run to the store and grab the cheapest ATT prepaid you can find, (got mine for 10 bucks) have them activate it, pop out sim, plug in iphone, plug iphone into itunes, give it a minute to recognize, and you should be in the game again.

PS. You could even return the pre-paid phone after this is all done, if you really feel it in your heart to do so .. lol

ive been seeing around that winterboard IS actually working now with RC2.. Confirmations anyone?
    Last edited by Rogobono; 2009-07-05 at 02:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone rkisling's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Any list of what apps work with the latest 3GS jailbreak
    Anyone have a list of Apps that work with the latest 3GS jailbreak? I know winterboard is very iffy .. categories works...but weathericon and fontswap don't seem to work ... anyone compiling a list?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    winterboard just locks me up on the reboot. it doesn't work. i've instead been changing all my icons, sliders,tones, etc. manually like back in the day with the first iphone.
    shamwow!

Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast