Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS Jailbreak purplera1n Released! [Windows]

Yeah no matter what i do. Ultrasn0w does not work. Wither i can't keep a good signal. Or i dont have wifi. Most of the time both.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by alexasha View Post
    How did you uninstall Freeze with cyDelete? I installed cyDelete, it works fine on other Cydia apps, but when I try to delete Freeze with it, I am getting a message that it was not installed with Cydia and can not be removed.
    Preferences > cyDelete > non-cydia deletion = ON

My iPhone is a Part of Me PhoneLine's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alexasha View Post
    How did you uninstall Freeze with cyDelete? I installed cyDelete, it works fine on other Cydia apps, but when I try to delete Freeze with it, I am getting a message that it was not installed with Cydia and can not be removed.
    Did you go into the cydelete options in the Settings app and toggle the switch for it to work on non-cydia installed apps?

Should work then. But after, I would put that toggle back to off if you keep cydelete

Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky369 View Post
    The Dev-team is awesome, they come out with some really nice stuff, but they screwed us.
    I fail to see how a group of people literally putting in hundreds of hours worth of work for FREE to benefit us could be considered "screwing" us.

You cant be mad for having to wait....you should be grateful for getting it at all.

Nor can people be mad for Geo's method being buggy.....it is afterall a BETA, so it was either have issues or again, wait.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    I fail to see how a group of people literally putting in hundreds of hours worth of work for FREE to benefit us could be considered "screwing" us.

You cant be mad for having to wait....you should be grateful for getting it at all.

Nor can people be mad for Geo's method being buggy.....it is afterall a BETA, so it was either have issues or again, wait.
    I am very grateful; but at the same time, pulling childish actions like telling us we have to wait, and teasing us with videos and screen shots of it working, is screwing us.

I could have survived just fine another 6 months without a jailbreak. And if I really wanted one, I would have just used my wifes 3G, and dealt with it.

Default New Version of purplera1n on Top of old
    Just ran the new version of purplera1n on top of the old. It completed very quickly but did not give me the freeze app. Think the reason the freeze app did not appear is because I deleted it before with CyDelete.

Cydia was still installed. All apps and music were still there. This process fixed the errors I was getting with putty and now WinSCP works in SFTP mode.

Tricker ThreeG still does not work. Has anyone gotten Tricker ThreeG to work with the 3gs?

Jim K.

Not sure if anyone saw this posted earlier but this link also shows a troubleshooting guide as well.

Purplera1n and troubleshooting

Also note the below taken from there as well...
    "If you already jailbroke with the old one, just run this from the pc over the top of your existing jailbreak. You will not get a freeze icon, the kernel and fixes will be updated wtihout it. If you didn’t jailbreak, now is the time as it works very well. Guide is updated for new version.

If you’re having problems such as it just hangs forever, make sure you have “purlera1n 3GS jailbreak by geohot RC2″ in the application window titlebar. If you don’t you may still have an old version."

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PCeasar For This Useful Post:

gonzok (2009-07-05), jimcking (2009-07-04), lilskaterpunk (2009-07-04), Rescuer (2009-07-04), thuwun (2009-07-07)

Everything has gone perfect for me so far. I used the RC2 version using Windows 7 RC x64 - no compatiblity options required! Another guy said you needed to set it to XP SP 3 but this caused it to hang for me the first time. Second time I removed the compatibility options and everything went swimmingly. I have avoided all apps people have been having issues with (Winterboard etc) and so far haven't had a single error Very pleased! I haven't used Ultrasn0w because I don't need it and all of the default iPhone apps and features are still functional.

This is my first jailbreak so I'm glad it went well. SBSettings and Backgrounder rock!

My iPhone is a Part of Me kwickone's Avatar
    Thanks

I am very grateful; but at the same time, pulling childish actions like telling us we have to wait, and teasing us with videos and screen shots of it working, is screwing us.
    Screwing us? You mean you. I don't feel screwed.

Clearly this is just your opinion, which I would guess is NOT shared by the majority of us.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kwickone View Post
    Screwing us? You mean you. I don't feel screwed.

Clearly this is just your opinion, which I would guess is NOT shared by the majority of us.
    Maybe. I've gotten a few PM's of people who think the same way. And if you read any of them comments from the Dev-Team blog, or threads from previous topics on here, you'll see that a lot of people feel this way.

Maybe not "screwed", but more neglected.

People who are dev-team nut huggers should be thanking geohot. This winterboard & other issues would have been a problem on the dev teams release.

The RC2 didn't work for me either. I used RC1 yesterday, and that worked fine. I get stuck on the geohot screen for 20+ minutes. Guess I'll restore and try again.

In all honesty I'm actually surprised that some have risked the use of UltraSnow since the dev team hasn't said you should try it...actually reading Geohotz twitter, he said he'll probably come out with his own unlock because Ultrasnow is buggy with his tool. Based on the guys past development experience and the time he took to develop it. I think he's a God.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xxzone View Post
    People who are dev-team nut huggers should be thanking geohot. This winterboard & other issues would have been a problem on the dev teams release.

The RC2 didn't work for me either. I used RC1 yesterday, and that worked fine. I get stuck on the geohot screen for 20+ minutes. Guess I'll restore and try again.
    I restored before trying RC2. Just felt a clean jailbreak would work better. If RC1 worked good for you the first time, and didn't the second, a clean restore should fix it. At least that's what I've been reading on other forums.

Good Luck!

Mine stuck on picture too when trying to do rc 2 on top of the first one.

So it went from Beta to RC 2? Did I miss one?

I restored before trying RC2. Just felt a clean jailbreak would work better. If RC1 worked good for you the first time, and didn't the second, a clean restore should fix it. At least that's what I've been reading on other forums.

Good Luck!
    Thanks! My restore/sync is almost done, so I'm about to give it a shot.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i have to go to a cookout so i tried to download rc2 quick right on top of rc1 b4 i have to leave in 20 minutes n it was stuck on the picture forever so now i'm on the same boat with having to restore so i guess late to the cookout i go

iPhone? More like MyPhone wgr73's Avatar
    Thanks

The picture should only be there for 20-30 seconds....folks that get stuck need to try again (switch computers).

did it works well tricker3g isnt working winterboard evrythingelse seems fine cheers geohot

Ok i dont know what i did differently this time. But Ultrasn0w now is working fine. I can send calls receive calls.

can someone jailbreak my Iphone Battery cus its getting its *** kicked !!!

I have no battery longevity it freaking SUCKS!!!

NO MORE NEEDS TO BE SAID!!

Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast