Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS Jailbreak purplera1n Released! [Windows]

oh that lol. cool. ya well im not gonna bother.. not until i hear they have released a version that works great with winterboard. till then... im happy with the JB i have now that works find with everything else
    I thought that at 1st too. But, apparently Geohotz got his side of Winterboard fixed, and now it's up to saurik to add 3gs support I'm guessing?. I figured what the hey and gave it a shot. it was seriously a 2minute event. Well, non-event as it ran much faster and far less hassles then the 1st attempt.

yeahaaaaaaaa^^
    3gs activated->jailbreaked->unlocked
    wuhuuuuu, thanks geohot =)

via gehot on twitter
    RC2
    Vista, Windows 7, International, 64-bit support
    Less flakiness in the payload
    Cydia tar cleaned up
    Improved logging with slightly more useful errors
    New kernel patches, codesign errors gone. Props posixninja
    No winterboard yet, but now that ball is in Saurik's court :-)
    Still in beta, use caution

excuse my no0bness but what does what's in bold mean?

should we all move over from the old jailbreak to this new one? or is it not critical

Quote Originally Posted by finalfantasy View Post
    use program called iphone browser
    ontop there is a place called
    goto location

go to UI sounds

sms-recieve1.caf - sms-recieve6.caf is the 6 txt ringtones. replace them with your own ringtones you want, make sure you convert your ringtones too CAF (or aif file and rename it too caf)
    even better after doing a google search for iphone browser i ran into this http://pineappleiphone.com/how-to/learn-bake-caf-file/

I installed it on top of my previous jailbreak and it all went down without incident.

No problems at all .when "connect to itunes" picture comes on turn phone off and back on re-boots all works fine
    thanks
    andy

Quote Originally Posted by mutigers42 View Post
    out of curiosity

does jailbreaking and using a "hacked app" make push notification not work?

I have beejive that i purchased before jailbreaking, and then installed the hacked IM+ 3.1 with push after jailbreaking with 3GS, and although when i open IM+ it has all the messages as if it was connected the whole time - it does not send me a text to update me

and it is enabled in the settings to receive the sms notifications. just wondering
    I got the solution for you: go buy a legit app and stop stealing from the app developers!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Well I don't know what GeoHot did with RC2 but it works like a charm with Windows 7. Took all of 30 seconds to JB.

Quote Originally Posted by rand0m-her0 View Post
    just a heads up to anyone who likes the app "iMob"..... DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE RESPECT APPS. WHEN YOU OPEN THEM UP iMOB KNOWS YOU DIDNT PURCHASE THEM AND SAYS "You have attempted to trick the don, you gained 1 respect point for this.". I DO NOT KNOW IF THEY CAN FORWARD YOUR INFORMATION OR NOT. Just a heads up

rand0m
    To Random-th1ef:

if u r using a legit app, u will have no worry about that.

Theme Creator
    Thanks

Ouch!

Ok, everything went well. I was able to jailbreak on my Vista 32. I had everything working just fine. Since SBSettings is working fine, I added my theme to it via SSH. No problems. Then I tried to add Rotation Inhibitor and everything went to ****! Now the phone just continuously crashes. I am now in the middle of restoring it in itunes.

So now we know Rotation Inhibitor is a no go for now. I'll rejailbreak later, I'm about done tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by finalfantasy View Post
    not sure yet but im downloading some ipa files too find out.
    It seems to me that we have a lot of thieves from Canada who can afford a $199 (probably more) phone but is not willing to pay $0.99 for the app. What is up with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
    i think i went crazy installing things

knights,who wants to be a millionaire,doom,shanghai,pacman,tetris,pro rss,myst,twittelator,air mouse pro,wheel of fortune,clue,xgps pro,ifighter,3D light riders,need for speed,oregon trail,scrabble,monopoly

I am suggesting to the moderator of this forum banning your account for stealing apps and talking about your stolen apps. Anyone else with me on this?
    Last edited by ktula; 2009-07-04 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

I saw all those earlier also. I also remember seeing somewhere in another post that finalfantasy was coming back from a ban already and asked to play nice this time.

how do u delete "Freeze" after the installation?

It seems to me that we have a lot of thieves from Canada who can afford a $199 (probably more) phone but is not willing to pay $0.99 for the app. What is up with that?
    LOL, I know..right?. it's like "Whats that Mr. Jobs?. Bend over and give you 299 each year?. SURE!. no problem... wait! NO!... 0.99 cents for a program!? RU SRial?!"

I guess when mum and daddy won't give you there credit card or password to itunes what other choice do you have right?. a JOB!?. lololololol.

install cydelete and turn on delete non-cydia.

how do u delete "Freeze" after the installation?
    in Cydia, download Cydelete. once installed go into your settings, near the bottom with the rest of the App store settings will be Cydelete, go into it's options and turn on "non-cydia deletion". hit Home, hold the Freeze icon until wiggly, and delete.

after all done I would advise going back into Cydelete options and turning off non-cydia deletion. ya know, just in case

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    For those who couldn't get it to work no matter how many times you tried to "make it rain", I found the fix. If you are like me, you went from having an old iPhone to the new 3G S. You then changed out your sim card so that you could keep all of your contacts and all that good BS. Well if you had a previously jailbroken iPhone that you linked up through iTunes, when you went to restore, some of that old crap carried over into your brand new 3G S. I originally tried and tried to get purplera1n to work but kept getting stuck where everyone else is stuck where the purplera1n prompt says, "done, waiting for reboot" while you have your USB iTunes logo on your iPhone.....right? Take your sim card out and run purplera1n again. Should work like a charm this go around....if not, restore your iPhone and then pop out your sim and make it rain. Should work no problem......good luck!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

The RC2 of purplera1n works perfect on Windows 7. Just did mine and the longest part of it all was installing iTunes. Thank you so much GeoHot. If you are having issues please try RC2 if you are still using the version from yesterday. He uploaded it tonight.

(thank you monkey3200 for pointing out that it was out)
    Last edited by Cer0; 2009-07-04 at 12:34 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cerote View Post
    The RC2 of purplera1n works perfect on Windows 7. Just did mine and the longest part of it all was installing iTunes. Thank you so much GeoHot. If you are having issues please try RC2 if you are still using the version from yesterday. He uploaded it tonight.

is it just on the www.purplera1n.com site by clicking on the windows logo or is there a new location?

Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast