Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS Jailbreak purplera1n Released! [Windows]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jaredb03 View Post
    yes i tried the second page, and i have rebooted a couple times. The phone is running fine, but cant tell if its jailbroken since i have no freeze app.
    What OS are you running? I went thru the EXACT symptoms in Windows Vista...finally jumped on a XP machine...and boom...no probs. I dont really think you can say its JB'en if there is no freeze since you cant get Cydia. PM me and I might be able to help. I was loosing my mind with the same issue.

Default fix..
    Quote Originally Posted by pakijawan View Post
    Dude seriously thank you,This worked for me ,should be in the main post!
    for ME after running several times and seeing the purplerain logo the freeze icon did not show even tho the log said it was complete. I noticed on some posts saying oo look on second screen. Well i had 3 screens total and no room on the second. i thought that was weird, thinking why it wouldnt show on the third or make a new slot. so i deleted aps on the second screen, tried again and it worked just fine

there poped up the freeze icon.

keep up the good work.

so, the ra1nyday file is useless atm eh...

people are jailbreaking just fine just with the .exe

i take it its more for what things to come.

Thanks

I had to try 3-4 different times, resetting the phone and everything but i finally got it to work. Yes you do need that freeze program on there.

Quote Originally Posted by tearsanddreams View Post
    HOLD OUT FOR THE DEV TEAM !!!! this thing bricked my phone three times. this guy has no clue what he is doing and has got to be an amature if you like your phone wait for the dev team seriously WTF dev team release the tool and stop being one. im on vista 32 bit and have jailbroken many many iphones of all shapes and sizes thsi is the first time ive ever bricked a phone and had to redo it from scratch and its all due to this shotty program seriously WAIT FOR THE REAL DEVS.............
    Speaking of tools

I had to run this on 2 comps to get it to work, but now I'm rolling jailbroke style and am loving it. This community is full of whiney beotches that want and want but are never satisfied. If you don't want to use it to JB then don't, many many of us have used it, are jailbroken and are very happy with the results. No winterboard and some other things but I can deal with that, I just hate not having my iPhone being "mine". So sit back, shut your pie hole, and do what you're going to do but stop taking a dump on a guy that put something out that works for the non-retards in the bunch.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rkswat For This Useful Post:

PCeasar (2009-07-04), rel1215 (2009-07-04), swpelchat (2009-07-04)

Quote Originally Posted by rkswat View Post
    Speaking of tools

I had to run this on 2 comps to get it to work, but now I'm rolling jailbroke style and am loving it. This community is full of whiney beotches that want and want but are never satisfied. If you don't want to use it to JB then don't, many many of us have used it, are jailbroken and are very happy with the results. No winterboard and some other things but I can deal with that, I just hate not having my iPhone being "mine". So sit back, shut your pie hole, and do what you're going to do but stop taking a dump on a guy that put something out that works for the non-retards in the bunch.
    yeah what he said ^^^^
    16gb iPhone4 black

If I helped you in anyway please hit thank you.

Default How to run purplera1n on Vista
    The guys over a iPhone 3G Hacked have a guide on how to run purplera1n on vista. I followed it and it worked.

hope this helps.....

go to iPhone 3G Hacked

I Couldn't agree more. Good words.

Default urgent!
    Ok so after I install this on the phone, which I believe i have done successfully. (text file shows no errors), Do I need an AT&T Sim to get it past that stupid activation screen? or should the program have done that for me?

Question Ssh
    I got everything to work on my Windows XP computer but all the files I want to SSH over to my iPhone are on my Mac. Is there any way to get SSH to work for Mac with my iPhone 3GS? I've tried Cyberduck, Terminal, and Fugu and all of them give me errors. I know others have had the same issues and I don't think they've been remedied yet.

Woo Hoo, just waiting for Winterboard now. But in the meantime I moved all my icons off the first page, changed the dock and hid the settings app in the top left corner. So Sick.

Last edited by mgregor; 2009-07-04 at 06:04 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Can someone please tell me how to change the WALLPAPER BACKGROUND? Where is the original black background located or where would I have to look to change it??? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SPS View Post
    What OS are you running? I went thru the EXACT symptoms in Windows Vista...finally jumped on a XP machine...and boom...no probs. I dont really think you can say its JB'en if there is no freeze since you cant get Cydia. PM me and I might be able to help. I was loosing my mind with the same issue.
    I was doing it on my laptop which has XP, and switched to my desktop and it worked. Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jabbawalkee View Post
    Can someone please tell me how to change the WALLPAPER BACKGROUND? Where is the original black background located or where would I have to look to change it??? Thanks
    That's the problem, there is no default wallpaper.

Here's some notes on how this seems to be working:

-Purplerain only works (at all) on a 32-bit, x86 operating system.
    -Higher success rate by plugging USB into back up computer (laptop or desktop).
    -iTunes can be open, iTunesHelper process does not need to be killed.
    -XP, Vista, or 7, doesn't matter, as long as its a 32-bit OS.
    -For Vista and 7, it must be run as an administrator in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP2 or SP3.
    -Most recent version of iTunes, 8.2.0.23, must be installed.

It seems best to attempt on XP though. I can personally confirm my 3GS is now jailbroken thanks to purplerain on a separate XP partition from my usual Windows 7 x64. Woo!

Quote Originally Posted by long10horns View Post
    I got everything to work on my Windows XP computer but all the files I want to SSH over to my iPhone are on my Mac. Is there any way to get SSH to work for Mac with my iPhone 3GS? I've tried Cyberduck, Terminal, and Fugu and all of them give me errors. I know others have had the same issues and I don't think they've been remedied yet.

Mine works great in fugu. What I do to get it started is while your logging in the first time with fugu, try refreshing your iphone safari browser. For some reason this works for me every time.

iPhone? More like MyPhone remz08's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by long10horns View Post

download disk aid...and use the drop down at the bottom to go to the root. its a nice program that does the same as SSH with just a USB connectiong. i already tried it and it forsure works

Quote Originally Posted by jabbawalkee View Post
    You CAN NOT change this without Winterboard. This is a well known fact.

Jailbroken and unlocked on T-Mobile with no wifi or EDGE issues. Lovin' life!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by arich View Post
    Jailbroken and unlocked on T-Mobile with no wifi or EDGE issues. Lovin' life!
    Congrats! Its good to know that 3G S's are finally being free'd up.
    Enjoy!
    160GB iPod Classic
    8GB 2G - Firmware 2.2.1 PWN'D
    8GB 3G - Firmware 3.0 PWN'D
    16GB 3G S - Firmware 3.0 Ra1n'n Purple
    64GB iPad 3G - Spirit'd
    32GB iPhone 4

Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast