Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS Jailbreak purplera1n Released! [Windows]

Well, I just JB mine with Windows XP SP3 on a Macbook Pro running bootcamp. Worked perfect first time. Thanks GEO.

Default Donating to GeoHotz now
    THANK YOU THANK YOU GEOHOTZ!!! ALL HAIL THE KING. It took me less than five mins to JB and install my intelliscreen. I'm donating right now to GEOHOTZ cause, its BETA but he gave me something that works for now. Will have to wait on Winterboard though. Dude you rule!!!

Mine runs through and i get the geohot picture, and it reboots. But mine does not have the freeze app. I have run it twice and still no icon. anyone know why, or what i should do.

To the retard that said this program bricked his phone three times, you can't ******* brick something more than once, once it's a brick it's a brick, go look up big words before you use them on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by jaredb03 View Post
    Mine runs through and i get the geohot picture, and it reboots. But mine does not have the freeze app. I have run it twice and still no icon. anyone know why, or what i should do.
    Did you try rebooting the phone?
    Last edited by PM5K; 2009-07-04 at 04:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I find it funny that people will always find something to complain about, two days ago, it was "Why do we have to wait for the jailbreak, release it already, who cares about waiting" now its " why was it released so soon, should have made sure it was working" you guys make me laugh.. lol

Thanks George.. works great, you are a bright kid!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jviphone For This Useful Post:

PCeasar (2009-07-04)

Quote Originally Posted by jaredb03 View Post
    My freeze app was on my second slide screen just in case you didn't check that out.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Comwiz View Post
    If you are running Vista, it might help to:
    A. Run as Administrator by right clicking the Purplera1n icon

B. Right Click the Purplera1n program, scrolling down to Properties and turning on Compatibility Mode with Windows XP Service Pack 2.

Try this and if it works your welcome, if not, wait for Dev Team.
    Thanks for the tip. But it still dosnot work for me. Think I might have to wait for the Mac verson or so.sadness!!!

Thanks

i wonder how many calories i burned sitting on my butt all day jailbreaking my phone then installing like 30 apps

gotta find the app for that!

iPhone? More like MyPhone dchandler's Avatar
    Thanks

Can someone please help me, I have been trying to do this since 5:45 this morning and still got no where. everytime i do it i get purplera1n has stop working and when i use windows 7 it get stuck in recovery mode
    The Thank you Buttons works great let me see you use it

just so you guys know while in cydia dont use the shake to undo type.. the pop up screen will not go away if you do i just hit the home button to remove it though

Quote Originally Posted by dchandler View Post
    Can someone please help me, I have been trying to do this since 5:45 this morning and still got no where. everytime i do it i get purplera1n has stop working and when i use windows 7 it get stuck in recovery mode
    if you have access to a xp machine i would go about trying to use that as i had no luck doing it with vista 32 or 64 so i jumped on my other pc to get it to work and so far so good..
    Last edited by z28kid; 2009-07-04 at 05:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone xxhorseriderxxx's Avatar
    Thanks

I'mma wait fer the real tool, it didn't work fer me...

OMFG it works thank god i ran it like 6 times and finnally it works im so happy geohot im so sorry for doubting you im so so sorry omg it works ive been waiting for so long

finally, i got mine jailbroken so happy now

first time, tried on vista 64x -> no ****** luck
    second time, tried on XP -> no freakin luck
    third time, window 7 on my -> beautifully done
    in fact, winterboard DOES not work at all. has any1 figured out how to get it to work yet?

Took me 5 mins. First time it was stuck in Recovery mode but that's because I had it plugged in the "front" usb port on my laptop. Try different ports and use purplera1n again. I'm running Vista btw.

Edit: Cydia isn't that fast...don't know why people are impressed. When I search for apps the keyboard still lags.
    Last edited by M4tt Dam0n; 2009-07-04 at 05:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chris3g View Post
    install cydelete from cydia. go into preferences>cydelete and turn ON non-cydia deletion. Go back to the homescreen, go into "wiggle" mode, and tap the X on the freeze icon.
    i cant seem to find this part "go into preferences>cydelete and turn ON non-cydia deletion" i installed cydelete and then returned to the home screen then i went to wiggle mode and tried three times and i get a message saying "freeze" was not installed by Cydia and cannot be removed by cydelete. could use some help with this last bit..

Over 18!= boy.

yes i tried the second page, and i have rebooted a couple times. The phone is running fine, but cant tell if its jailbroken since i have no freeze app.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Where is the wallpaper image file located? I am trying to manually skin my phone since Winterboard wont work. Can someone point me in the right direction of where to place WALLPAPER to change the boring black background???

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by z28kid View Post
    i cant seem to find this part "go into preferences>cydelete and turn ON non-cydia deletion" i installed cydelete and then returned to the home screen then i went to wiggle mode and tried three times and i get a message saying "freeze" was not installed by Cydia and cannot be removed by cydelete. could use some help with this last bit..
    Z28... you need to go to your home screen and go into the SETTINGS. Once in settings, scroll down to "CyDelete". Once there, you will be able to change the slider for Non-Cydia deletion. Once that option has been changed go back home into wiggle mode and you should be good to go!

Quote Originally Posted by mastermindx85 View Post
    DFC what you do is exit out of purplerain and keep running it clicking make it ra1n and it will work thats exactly what happened to me. let me know if it works
    Dude seriously thank you,This worked for me ,should be in the main post!

Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast