Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS Jailbreak purplera1n Released! [Windows]

Cool Possible Solution for Vista Users...
    If you are running Vista, it might help to:
    A. Run as Administrator by right clicking the Purplera1n icon

B. Right Click the Purplera1n program, scrolling down to Properties and turning on Compatibility Mode with Windows XP Service Pack 2.

Try this and if it works your welcome, if not, wait for Dev Team.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tearsanddreams View Post
    HOLD OUT FOR THE DEV TEAM !!!! this thing bricked my phone three times. this guy has no clue what he is doing and has got to be an amature if you like your phone wait for the dev team seriously WTF dev team release the tool and stop being one. im on vista 32 bit and have jailbroken many many iphones of all shapes and sizes thsi is the first time ive ever bricked a phone and had to redo it from scratch and its all due to this shotty program seriously WAIT FOR THE REAL DEVS.............
    acutally you dont know what your doing... i have done it 3 times now... too 2 iphones and all worked just fine. and so are hundreds of other ppl... learn too turn on your computer :P

and for the guy that says it bricked his phone??? umm bricking usually mean your phone is useless. Parently you can still use your phone :-D

HOLD OUT FOR THE DEV TEAM !!!! this thing bricked my phone three times. this guy has no clue what he is doing and has got to be an amature if you like your phone wait for the dev team seriously WTF dev team release the tool and stop being one. im on vista 32 bit and have jailbroken many many iphones of all shapes and sizes thsi is the first time ive ever bricked a phone and had to redo it from scratch and its all due to this shotty program seriously WAIT FOR THE REAL DEVS.............
    What are you talking about!! GeoHot jailbroke and unlocked the iphone 1st. I have jailbroke mine, my wife and 1 Im selling on CL and all work fine. Installed everything. Ultrasn0w to unlock it also works. works on XP and Vista. Do you research on him and recheck what your doing wrong before you place blame on him for your flaws

I just picked up a 3GS today (like 2 hours ago) so this news makes me happy. However, I think I will wait a while before JB'ing my new phone until something more stable is released by the dev team or by geo (something that is not in beta). It is very encouraging that a jailbreak has been uncovered , even though it is in beta, and hopefully the other teams of developers will have something released within the month.

Plus, after reading everyone's post in this thread, I have a MBP and a PC running Vista so I dont think this version of purplerain will be helpful to me.

Thanks

All..I just joined the forums and glad to be here. Just jailbroke using everyones instructions and it took less then 10 minutes. Thanks all! Just looking forward to the kernal patches now so I can utilize the JB for what i really wanted...the ability to Skype over 3G

Thanks

The memory free shown inside of SB settings is different that what shows on top by the time. And haptic pro doesnt work either

ha looks like it dont work geohot got bested by apple so it seems thaank u very much for wasting my time ugh

Quote Originally Posted by TonyDavis202 View Post
    What are you talking about!! GeoHot jailbroke and unlocked the iphone 1st. I have jailbroke mine, my wife and 1 Im selling on CL and all work fine. Installed everything. Ultrasn0w to unlock it also works. works on XP and Vista. Do you research on him and recheck what your doing wrong before you place blame on him for your flaws
    He is right about Geo. I think that most people are used to the Dev Team's user interfaces so that is why they are not showing Geo more love. I just would prefer to wait more than 24 hours before doing anything to my phone. I figure I'd let the other people who are so anxious to JB their phone be my lab rats and test this new process out before messing around with my phone. Plus, I REALLY want/need Winterboard to work properly first.

And how will this JB process be affected when 3.1 is released? Too many questions not enough answers for me to use purplerain until more info/users experiences have been released.

Mines works perfect. Now some of you need to stop whining.

Thanks

lol some ppl prefer too go with the easier way and wait for the dev team. but us normal ppl that dont mind a challenge and want there iphones jb now go for geo and we all know geo is trusted since geo has been working on JB's longer then the dev team.

Thanks

geohot IS the real dev

Thanks

and the only reason that the geo isnt user friendly is cause everybody was complaining about not having a JB cause of Dev team so geo released on as soon as he could so that we would at least have SOMETHING, until the bugs get worked out.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by finalfantasy View Post
    lol some ppl prefer too go with the easier way and wait for the dev team. but us normal ppl that dont mind a challenge and want there iphones jb now go for geo and we all know geo is trusted since geo has been working on JB's longer then the dev team.
    those poor bastards that wait can sit there and whine about it all they want until their "dev team" decides to release it.

in the meantime, all of us intelligent people know what is up with geohot being the best there is, and here we are with jailbroken 3GS's enjoying all the wonderful programs cydia and AppSync have to offer.

sucks for them!

and the only reason that the geo isnt user friendly is cause everybody was complaining about not having a JB cause of Dev team so geo released on as soon as he could so that we would at least have SOMETHING, until the bugs get worked out.
    and, because the chronic devteam is so awesome, they are working very quickly to fix these very minor bugs
    Last edited by Rescuer; 2009-07-04 at 04:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

i cant believe people are saying wait for one a official one from the dev team. they've been using geohot's exploits the whole time. and how much easier can it be to click one button? make it rain thats it.

well guess wat im impatient i went wit geo and now i still have a regular iphone so is there anybody who can assist me

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simtech View Post
    You have to replace each individual icon.png found in each program folder.
    ex: To change the phone icon, Use your iphone browser and go to applicationsMobilePhone.. then rename the existing Icon.png to Icon.pngsave
    Then find your Phone.png from whatever theme you want, copy the file to the correct folder on the iphone then rename the Phone.png to Icon.png. (respring after all are changed)

There are also many misc files like the dock and lockscreen sliders that can be changed.
    It takes a while to do and if you want to change them to another theme, you have to repeat the entire process.
    That's what I was looking for.

Thank You!

+1, remember Geo actually found the original exploit The boy (literally, lol) knows his stuff. Yeah this was a BETA jailbreak release dont anyone forget that.

But works perfect for me....no lose of performance at all...very easy, very smooth.

And my god does Cydia run WAYYY better on a 3GS!

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    +1, remember Geo actually found the original exploit The boy (literally, lol) knows his stuff. Yeah this was a BETA jailbreak release dont anyone forget that.

But works perfect for me....no lose of performance at all...very easy, very smooth.

And my god does Cydia run WAYYY better on a 3GS!
    Yeah, I agree 100%,

btw isnt sick how fast Cydia runs?

^Tis nice. Cant wait to see how the phone performs all winterboarded up

Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast