Page 87 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,740 of 2114

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: First official photos of a jailbroken 3G[s] released. Tool not too far away!

StealthBravo : Have you heard any more whispers about what chronic are up to ??

previously known as iPhoneman2K, iphoneman76 iPhoneMuscle's Avatar
    Thanks

Hello all my iPhone bros.... Still in limbo I see. I'm ready for the net step...when there is one! lol

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

So we are still waiting for a GUI from GeoHotz right?
    iLive an iLife

yes still waiting for a GUI from..... well anyone really

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
    Lmao, at this point... we don't even know what we're waiting for!
    Of course we do!

we know we are waiting for a jailbreak

Hey do I hear an old AC/DC song in the distance :P

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Battery update as promised
    Hi All, for those with battery issues, I promised an update so here goes:

1. I let my battery drain completely yesterday, to the point where the phone wasn't recognized in iTunes for a few minutes.
    2. Did a full restore, set up as a new phone, NOT from backup.
    3. Put my apps back on, and set things as I normally would use them, 3G OFF, wi-fi ON, push ON, auto-bright OFF
    4. went to bed with 100% charge, woke up with 100% charge 5 hours later, an improvement already!
    5. Spent parts of the day doing normal things like checking twitter and using leaf trombone on smoke breaks. Also spent considerable time rearranging 11 pages of icons, I install alot of apps. I noticed that while it still warmed up on things like leaf trombone, it wasn't AS warm, another improvement.
    6. As of this writing it is 3:15PM (Started the day at 7AM), and I am sitting at 54%, which is definitely an improvement.

So, tonight I will once again allow it to run down completely, for a second cycle of the battery. I will post another update tomorrow.

iPhone? More like MyPhone gsmumbo's Avatar
    Thanks

sigh. I wish someone would just release a jailbreak already. no matter how complicated it is to do, most of us would do it.

I'm a complete moron (my picture is by moron in Webster's) But I did the step by step instructions to capture the IBEC and IBSS on my mac and while I was successful in getting the iphone temporary startup folder cut and pasted, when I try to open it to make sure the IBEC and IBSS is in there I get only one file called 018-5302-002.DMG and when I click it I'm asked for a password. Now I'm not looking to switch to TMobile but just JB for the superior apps and to be honest to feel like a bad boy with a pineapple on my phone. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ath_x64 View Post
    Oh the dev team did achieve a jailbreak? Last time i checked they didnt.
    iLive an iLife

Quote Originally Posted by Gumby 66 View Post
    I'm a complete moron (my picture is by moron in Webster's) But I did the step by step instructions to capture the IBEC and IBSS on my mac and while I was successful in getting the iphone temporary startup folder cut and pasted, when I try to open it to make sure the IBEC and IBSS is in there I get only one file called 018-5302-002.DMG and when I click it I'm asked for a password. Now I'm not looking to switch to TMobile but just JB for the superior apps and to be honest to feel like a bad boy with a pineapple on my phone. Can anyone help?
    Try the process again. You are looking for a Firmware folder inside the iphone Temporary Startup folder. Inside the firmware folder there is folder called DFU containing the 2 files.
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
    I have a question:

WHY do we need these files, iBEC and iBSS.. what are they going to be used for...
    They are most likely going to be used in the Dev Team JB, as this is the only exploit I believe they know of. By following the tweets from @Geohot and @PlanetBeing, It seems as that the Chronic Dev team knew of this exploit before and didnt think much of it, which tells me Geohot and Chronic are building something that will only need the iBSS. This is just my guess....
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Quote Originally Posted by Ath_x64 View Post
    Yeah it is going to be released within a week for sure from ChronicDevTeam. GeoHot has helped them out.

p0sixninja sent a tweet 2 hours ago in response to a status update on the JB
    "@tbabyyyyyyy less then a week for sure"

Thanks

Its possible that this "Unknown Development" team may achieve a jailbreak soon also.
    160GB iPod Classic
    8GB 2G - Firmware 2.2.1 PWN'D
    8GB 3G - Firmware 3.0 PWN'D
    16GB 3G S - Firmware 3.0 Ra1n'n Purple
    64GB iPad 3G - Spirit'd
    32GB iPhone 4

Quote Originally Posted by A_DuB187 View Post
    Its possible that this "Unknown Development" team may achieve a jailbreak soon also.
    Geohot did get in their IRC to give them some help but I don't think they are anywhere close to getting a JB. Your best bet is just waiting for the Chronic release which is coming.

Thanks

Yeah I'm really just waiting for whoever comes out with a viable jailbreak first at this point.
    160GB iPod Classic
    8GB 2G - Firmware 2.2.1 PWN'D
    8GB 3G - Firmware 3.0 PWN'D
    16GB 3G S - Firmware 3.0 Ra1n'n Purple
    64GB iPad 3G - Spirit'd
    32GB iPhone 4

WOW this thread died! It was such a party about 50 pages ago. Ah well, the party shall start again as soon as we get an effing tool!

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie-Mac View Post
    Oh the dev team did achieve a jailbreak? Last time i checked they didnt.
    which part of DevTeam:"We can jailbreak the 3GS right now. But making our jailbreak public at this point in time would benefit relatively few people." did ya miss ?

people just took it upon themselves to bash them by saying they dont have a jb. Simply cause they chose to hold off on release for the greater benefit. the same people that have been pulling on their coat-tails for over a year now are trash talking without proof simply cause there may be another group of guys that promised them a lolly-pop.

i personally don't care who and when any of these groups release it. i do know that im grateful for what the devteam's done. and theyve never given any reason to be doubted nor bashed. i still see more information and community help from their part than the rest. they know what theyre doing, as i said no reason to think otherwise.

sorry just vented a bit there, cause it makes me laugh at how many fair weather fans/supporters there are.

Thanks

Latest Battery Testing Results

As before - 3G and Loc Svs on, Push and WiFi off

Usage 1 hour
    Standby 19 hrs, 42 minutes

Battery is currently on 75%

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thu6 View Post
    which part of DevTeam:"We can jailbreak the 3GS right now. But making our jailbreak public at this point in time would benefit relatively few people." did ya miss ?

people just took it upon themselves to bash them by saying they dont have a jb. Simply cause they chose to hold off on release for the greater benefit. the same people that have been pulling on their coat-tails for over a year now are trash talking without proof simply cause there may be another group of guys that promised them a lolly-pop.

i personally don't care who and when any of these groups release it. i do know that im grateful for what the devteam's done. and theyve never given any reason to be doubted nor bashed. i still see more information and community help from their part than the rest. they know what theyre doing, as i said no reason to think otherwise.

sorry just vented a bit there, cause it makes me laugh at how many fair weather fans/supporters there are.
    Whoa slow down there turbo. The Dev Team stated they are a few days behind GeoHotz. That, plus the fact that GeoHotz and some others on the chronic dev team said we'd be fine if the jailbreak was released now because GeoHotz has found some other exploits that arent public point to speculation that the dev team hasnt fully achieved jailbreak yet. Geohotz has fully achieved a jailbreak and is the only 100% confirmation we have, the Dev Team said they "can" jailbreak it, but did not say they did yet or provided proof.

Were all grateful for the dev team but they are a little arrogant. Every jailbreak has been due to what GeoHotz has found, except 1.1.4 and Zibri and that whole fiasco, and they arent really giving him the credit he deserves now. As I said before, right now we dont need the dev team because GeoHotz has the reigns on this one. Get your facts straight before you "vent" on someone like that rookie
    iLive an iLife

Page 87 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast