Page 85 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 2114

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: First official photos of a jailbroken 3G[s] released. Tool not too far away!

  1. #1681
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi
    depression, is there an app for that?
    haha, I am sure we can create one...CRAP, we would then need a jailbreak to install the cracked version of the depression app. Fail again!
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

    Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

  2. #1682
    Quote Originally Posted by senas8 View Post
    Lol this madness
    Ihope thats all it is, there has to be a better way of doing this, I am waiting until I see an easier way to grab them.

    NO MORE NEEDS TO BE SAID!!

  3. #1683
    I guess I will end up doing it but, seems like apple is giving us trouble for custom firmware in the future.
    There is no reason to do something anonymously if it is believed to be legal and it will benefit our rights.

  4. #1684
    My understanding is that once you have these files they can be used for future upgrades. granted you would have to use a tool to upgrade and not iTunes but it is still something.

    Of course it is still possible that Apple will change the encryption algorithm but that is a huge pain in the arse..

    I do not know for sure if this works but I found this it is supposed to grab the iBSS and iBEC for you
    In Vista and Windows 7 make sure you run it as Administrator

    difrnt.com ECID Grabber & iBEC and iBSS Grabber

    look for the file called iBSS IBEC Gabber
    Last edited by Ath_x64; 2009-07-02 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  5. #1685
    Quote Originally Posted by Ath_x64 View Post
    My understanding is that once you have these files they can be used for future upgrades. granted you would have to use a tool to upgrade and not iTunes but it is still something.

    Of course it is still possible that Apple will change the encryption algorithm but that is a huge pain in the arse..

    I do not know for sure if this works but I found this it is supposed to grab the iBSS and iBEC for you
    In Vista and Windows 7 make sure you run it as Administrator

    difrnt.com ECID Grabber & iBEC and iBSS Grabber

    look for the file called iBSS IBEC Gabber

    i have win 7 and tried before i left for work. it grabbed some files but then it came up with the stopped working error and closed. figured i would do it at work since its xp, nope. stupid corporate must have the itunes address blocked so when i try to restore i get "The iphone update server could not be contacted"

  6. #1686
    iPhoneaholic A_DuB187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Shreveport, LA
    Posts
    436
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 21 Times in 21 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Ath_x64 View Post
    My understanding is that once you have these files they can be used for future upgrades. granted you would have to use a tool to upgrade and not iTunes but it is still something.

    Of course it is still possible that Apple will change the encryption algorithm but that is a huge pain in the arse..

    I do not know for sure if this works but I found this it is supposed to grab the iBSS and iBEC for you
    In Vista and Windows 7 make sure you run it as Administrator

    difrnt.com ECID Grabber & iBEC and iBSS Grabber

    look for the file called iBSS IBEC Gabber
    Man I wish I would have had that when I was dig'n for those [email protected] files.
    160GB iPod Classic
    8GB 2G - Firmware 2.2.1 PWN'D
    8GB 3G - Firmware 3.0 PWN'D
    16GB 3G S - Firmware 3.0 Ra1n'n Purple
    64GB iPad 3G - Spirit'd
    32GB iPhone 4

  7. #1687
    Quote Originally Posted by spawn026 View Post
    i have win 7 and tried before i left for work. it grabbed some files but then it came up with the stopped working error and closed. figured i would do it at work since its xp, nope. stupid corporate must have the itunes address blocked so when i try to restore i get "The iphone update server could not be contacted"
    did you try to setup compatibility mode for the exe?
    I would suggest setting it for Vista SP1 and that it requires elevated privileges

    Also make sure that hidden files and folders (including protected system files) are visible.

    @A_Dub

    me too, it took me a while to find the external drive fix. I even tried crashing the restore. Plugged in the USB Key and dragged the file over and there they were...
    It was a great feeling.

    it is the only time I have ever not been happy with my i7 975...

  8. #1688
    Quote Originally Posted by Ath_x64 View Post
    did you try to setup compatibility mode for the exe?
    I would suggest setting it for Vista SP1 and that it requires elevated privileges

    Also make sure that hidden files and folders (including protected system files) are visible.

    didn't try compatibility mode but will when i get home. as for show hidden, thats always on
    i got all weekend though to get it working

  9. #1689
    this is interesting....

    iPhone 3G/S operating temps below most areas norms :: TweakTown

    And

    Buyer Beware: Apple sets iPhone operating temperature at 35C/95F - Bright Side Of News*

    I live in Florida and it gets hotter than that just about every day during the summer!

  10. #1690
    The 3GS is my first iPhone so I know this is a dumb/simple question, but restoring the phone wouldn't update the firmware (even if 3.1 was released), right? I already did the ECID thing for potentially no reason so it seems like trying to grab these iBEC & iBSS files is a bit of a waste until I actually see a jailbreak that requires them (as long as I hold off on updating the 3.0 firmware).
    Last edited by Wildwillis; 2009-07-02 at 03:49 PM.

  11. #1691
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildwillis View Post
    The 3GS is my first iPhone so I know this is a dumb/simple question, but restoring the phone wouldn't update the firmware (even if 3.1 was released), right? I already did the ECID thing for potentially no reason so it seems like trying to grab these iBEC & iBSS files is a bit of a waste until I actually see a jailbreak that requires them (as long as I hold off on updating the 3.0 firmware).
    3.1 is not out yet. The Firmware file for 3.0 on the 3G S will be called "iPhone2,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw"

    You could look for it on Google and download it to be sure that you are getting this version.

    To select a non-default IPSW you need to hold the left shift key when you click restore this should allow you to browse to the ipsw of your choice.

  12. #1692
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildwillis View Post
    The 3GS is my first iPhone so I know this is a dumb/simple question, but restoring the phone wouldn't update the firmware (even if 3.1 was released), right? I already did the ECID thing for potentially no reason so it seems like trying to grab these iBEC & iBSS files is a bit of a waste until I actually see a jailbreak that requires them (as long as I hold off on updating the 3.0 firmware).
    If 3.1 was released, then restoring would give you 3.1, unless you shift+click the restore button and choose the 3.0 FW.

  13. #1693
    OK, now that we're all prepped, lets have that jailbreak

  14. #1694
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya213 View Post
    OK, now that we're all prepped, lets have that jailbreak
    +1. I sincerely hope they release it tonight or tomorrow.

  15. #1695
    would be VERY nice to see something out tonight or tomorrow.
    I wont hold my breath though Cyanotic Blue is not my color

  16. #1696
    i go away next thurs, so it had best be soon :P


    Like A Boss

  17. #1697
    yea, I cant wait for it to be released. I'm a new iphone user. Using the 16gb s and I like it a lot better than my old phone. I came from M3 with my old modified Z3.

  18. #1698
    Retired Moderator Poseidon79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,264
    Thanks
    819
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

    I wonder how many beta versions of 3.1 they'll go through before the final release...

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

    confucious (2009-07-05)

  20. #1699
    not sure, the latest news says 3.1 is fixing a serious flaw in SMS that allows root access.

    I wonder if that is how the JB is getting in :P

  21. #1700
    Quote Originally Posted by Ath_x64 View Post
    not sure, the latest news says 3.1 is fixing a serious flaw in SMS that allows root access.

    I wonder if that is how the JB is getting in :P
    thats probably right, but idk if i want the jb to come out before or after 3.1 is released...

Page 85 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •