Page 84 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 2114

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: First official photos of a jailbroken 3G[s] released. Tool not too far away!

iPhone? More like MyPhone keda51's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
    this part does not make any sense

i think you mean temp FOLDER not file
    Absolutely right. Original post edited.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to keda51 For This Useful Post:

Rescuer (2009-07-02)

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
    lol ya, i'm sure your right... just trying to keep myself entertained i suppose

quick question: when we do all this stuff, and hopefully jailbreak our iPhones, will we be able to upgrade if we've gotten all these files, or will we have to stay on 3.0 or 3.1 (whichever firmware was out when the jailbreak was released)?
    Right now this question has no answer. It is unknown whether the jailbreak will be for 3.0 or 3.1. Hopefully one team(Chronic and geo) can release a tool for 3.0 and the other team(Dev) can release a tool for 3.1 that will preserve the baseband for all those who need to unlock. Unlocking is a very sensitive issue which makes me think now this is why the Dev team has been very reluctant to put out anything until 3.1 is released. Again, just speculation. We will have to wait and see
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

iPhone? More like MyPhone brianmarocco's Avatar
    Thanks

I have been reading so many things I don't remember who to give credit for this. On a PC right click on the temp file drag to desktop and release, it will allow you "copy here". After I read this I got both files right away. Now this better be worth it or I know where I am going to put those files

previously known as iPhoneman2K, iphoneman76 iPhoneMuscle's Avatar
    Thanks

Stealth hasn't been around all day.... Well I'm going to bed. Hopefully good news soon....Peace

iPhone? More like MyPhone Get_Zwole's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brianmarocco View Post
    I have been reading so many things I don't remember who to give credit for this. On a PC right click on the temp file drag to desktop and release, it will allow you "copy here". After I read this I got both files right away. Now this better be worth it or I know where I am going to put those files
    his handle is PhoneLine back on page 109 was the last time he posted i think if you wanna thank him. He saved me about 10 more restores probably haha.
    Iphone 3G{S} 16gb Black

I would really love a definitive answer on this...

I am not interested in Snow/Unlock but mainly want the JB to mess with my settings (damn i want to replace those SMS sounds for starters). That aside, I want to do some dev for Cydia deployment.

Anyhow - I am staying on AT&T and would love to update to 3.1b if it won't mess me up with JB'ing. I dumped my two files, I purplera1ned my EID, and am now left wondering if I can go to 3.1b and be kosher. Sure it'd be safer to wait - but I'd love a definitive answer from the likes of the people who are developing these things.

Cheers all.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Get_Zwole View Post
    his handle is PhoneLine back on page 109 was the last time he posted i think if you wanna thank him. He saved me about 10 more restores probably haha.
    I'm on page 42 hehe

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
    I'm on page 42 hehe
    this is like the only forum i didnt change the default number lol. Its about the 5th post down on 41 .
    Iphone 3G{S} 16gb Black

Holding Ctrl while dragging also does a copy instead of a move. Whole process is pretty easy in windows:

- Hook phone to computer with iTunes open.
    - Start > Run... > %temp%
    - Delete every file from the Temp folder. Some may complain about files being in use, just skip them. You want a
    relatively empty folder so it's easy to spot the new folder iTunes will create during the restore.
    - Create a new folder on your desktop and open it so the Temp folder and Desktop folder are showing side by side.
    - With phone still connected to computer, hold the home button and the sleep/wake button at the same time.
    - After 10 seconds the screen should go black, release the sleep/wake button but continue holding the home button.
    - Release the home button when iTunes pops up a message saying it detects a phone in recovery mode and must restore.
    - Click OK on that popup, then hold shift and click the restore button in iTunes.
    - Select the 3.0 firmware file you downloaded.
    - As soon as it starts saying it's unpacking the software or image or whatever, click on the Temp folder and Desktop folder windows to bring them to the foreground.
    - You'll see a new folder pop up in the Temp folder named Per16C.tmp or something similar. Quickly hold your CTRL key down and drag that folder to the new folder you made on your desktop.
    - If you were quick enough, inside that folder should be a Firmware folder containing a dfu folder which should contain both files you need: iBEC.n88ap.RELEASE.dfu and iBSS.n88ap.RELEASE.dfu.

Save those files somewhere safe and continue your restore. Hopefully you had a backup and you can use that to get all your settings back to where they were.
    Last edited by sysrage; 2009-07-02 at 08:50 AM.

Ok, one more question....are these files specific to your particular device or they generic files located in all iPhone 3GS's?? If so, wouldn't it be easier for everyone if they were simply uploaded to RapidShare. I really wanna do this, but I have spent so much time already setting up my ipod, contacts, photos and videos. Please don't make me restore without a jailbreak to go along with the restore....Please!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kstewart71 View Post
    Ok, one more question....are these files specific to your particular device or they generic files located in all iPhone 3GS's?? If so, wouldn't it be easier for everyone if they were simply uploaded to RapidShare. I really wanna do this, but I have spent so much time already setting up my ipod, contacts, photos and videos. Please don't make me restore without a jailbreak to go along with the restore....Please!!!
    just back everything up then a simple 10 minute sync or so should restore everything back to normal?
    Iphone 3G{S} 16gb Black

Thanks

I guess everyone has gone to sleep. I hope everyone has been able to secure these files!

And to answer your question these files are specific to each device you CANNOT use someone else's it won't work. Sorry I know that's not the answer you were looking for but that's just how it is. Good luck.
    160GB iPod Classic
    8GB 2G - Firmware 2.2.1 PWN'D
    8GB 3G - Firmware 3.0 PWN'D
    16GB 3G S - Firmware 3.0 Ra1n'n Purple
    64GB iPad 3G - Spirit'd
    32GB iPhone 4

Thanks

I've almost entirely lost the will to jailbreak...FFFFUUUU

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    LMFAO

Step away from the ledge dale, its going to be ok

iPhone? More like MyPhone gsmumbo's Avatar
    Thanks

SB! Your back! Hopefully with some kind of good news?

Default whats new
    StealthBravo:something new???

i wasent here one day!!

any progresss?

sorry for asking(i didnt ask for a date lol)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,544 Times in 7,599 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    You'll be OK buddy, have a drink. Oh its morning there. Well have a drink anyway, this one's on me.

Thanks

I'm thinking about taken my to the shoot range tomorrow......

Thanks
    Thanked 12,544 Times in 7,599 Posts

depression, is there an app for that?

Thanks

Someone PM or call me in about a month and let me know if the tool is out to J/B the 3GS!!!!!

Page 84 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast