Page 81 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 2114

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: First official photos of a jailbroken 3G[s] released. Tool not too far away!

Quote Originally Posted by stylin97 View Post
    ok WTF.. i cant get the IBSS file!!.. i got it one time and as soon as the folder popped up i dragged it to the desktop to copy it..

then i looked in there and the IBSS file was there by itself in the DFU folder, looked a second later and it changed to a IBEC file on its own!! WTF!

now no matter how fast i copy the folder in DFU mode, i can only get a IBEC file, not a IBSS file????
    Yeah I ran into that also, that is why I used the external drive to get it.
    that was the only way it worked for me.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Get_Zwole's Avatar
    Thanks

still didnt get it hit cntrl c and then into a new folder cntrl v and it copied something that wasnt even the right folder, i guess i didnt paste it fast enough and it disapearred? Im confused and pissed off.
    Iphone 3G{S} 16gb Black

got the IBeC from the DFU Restore. Went alot smoother then the reg restore. Didn't get any errors of trying to copy files in use. I guess I still need to get the IBSS as I cant find it in the folder I copied while it was doing regular restore.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PhoneLine's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Get_Zwole View Post
    still didnt get it hit cntrl c and then into a new folder cntrl v and it copied something that wasnt even the right folder, i guess i didnt paste it fast enough and it disapearred? Im confused and pissed off.
    What if you make it so the temp folder and itunes are not maximized and you can see part of the desktop and the exact moment the first temp folder appears you drag and drop it to the desktop?

ok say im not quick enough to get the IBSS in DFU mode and it goes away... after that unless i let it go thru the whole restore process it puts the phone into Restore mode and u cant get the IBSS file that way.

is there a way to unplug the phone leaving it in Restore mode, and switch it to DFU mode without letting it go thru the whole restore process and starting over?

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
    Thanks! I'm looking into that...
    It looks great, do you own one?
    Yes DT 200 64 GB version

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneLine View Post
    What if you make it so the temp folder and itunes are not maximized and you can see part of the desktop and the exact moment the first temp folder appears you drag and drop it to the desktop?
    thats what i did the first time when i drag it over it asks me to copy or move i just clicked copy really quick and it went to a bar that shows how long it will take. It took about 3 seconds for it to finish and by the time it did the folder was gone so it didnt work .
    Iphone 3G{S} 16gb Black

Thanks

It is very tricky guys you have to be as fast as you possibly can. This is one time your kick yourself in the A55 for having a fast computer lol. But seriously you just have to keep trying. I know it sucks though because if you miss that short window you have to wait for it to finish the restore only to start over again. I did it like 8 times but finally got it. Just dont give up guys!
    160GB iPod Classic
    8GB 2G - Firmware 2.2.1 PWN'D
    8GB 3G - Firmware 3.0 PWN'D
    16GB 3G S - Firmware 3.0 Ra1n'n Purple
    64GB iPad 3G - Spirit'd
    32GB iPhone 4

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stylin97 View Post
    ok say im not quick enough to get the IBSS in DFU mode and it goes away... after that unless i let it go thru the whole restore process it puts the phone into Restore mode and u cant get the IBSS file that way.

is there a way to unplug the phone leaving it in Restore mode, and switch it to DFU mode without letting it go thru the whole restore process and starting over?
    Well, I don't know if its recommended, but the times I missed, I yanked the plug from the phone and the restore crashed, then I plugged it back in and did the home power for 10 seconds and released power to put it back into the black screen DFU and tried again.

Didn't have any problems, but I guess its always a risk, so up to you.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Get_Zwole View Post
    thats what i did the first time when i drag it over it asks me to copy or move i just clicked copy really quick and it went to a bar that shows how long it will take. It took about 3 seconds for it to finish and by the time it did the folder was gone so it didnt work .
    Was that a right click drag? What if you hold down left mouse and drag. Shouldn't that just move it?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to PhoneLine For This Useful Post:

Get_Zwole (2009-07-02)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by A_DuB187 View Post
    It is very tricky guys you have to be as fast as you possibly can. This is one time your kick yourself in the A55 for having a fast computer lol. But seriously you just have to keep trying. I know it sucks though because if you miss that short window you have to wait for it to finish the restore only to start over again. I did it like 8 times but finally got it. Just dont give up guys!
    so restoring it this many times wont hurt the iphone? im on like my 5th lol this sucks gonna give it a go again.

Was that a right click drag? What if you hold down left mouse and drag. Shouldn't that just move it?
    oh ok i thought you meant left click im gonna try the right clikc and drag this time i just tried to move it last time. Ill report back lol.
    Last edited by Get_Zwole; 2009-07-02 at 05:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Iphone 3G{S} 16gb Black

Thanks

I just yanked the plug out everytime I missed. Figured as long as I could get back to DFU which is hardware'd in I'd be ok. And it was.

Plus if something happened I would have went to the apple store and said it just wigged out.

previously known as iPhoneman2K, iphoneman76 iPhoneMuscle's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok guys after checking I'm just keep getting the IBEC I'm on a make WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? PLEASE HElp

Thanks

cliffs notes on the last few pages?

just got home from the office

iPhone? More like MyPhone lostwhiteboyy's Avatar
    Thanks

This is the first time in my life i've ever wanted the slowest pc in the world! A_DuB is right you have to be as fast as you can to get the ibss. What i did was, had all the windows open but real small, get your finger on ctrl button and the C button highlight the folder as soon as it comes up, and paste before it closes! It took me about 9 trys! once i figured out you had to paste it before it closes then i was quick as could be! good luck!

Hey I think I have a question not already answered...Does anyone see a reason why I can't just hold off until I see some real evidence that the jailbreak is not too far away? I downloaded the FW 3.0 the day I heard of the possible jailbreak. I'm using iTunes 8.1(ish). I really don't feel like waiting through a full restore process (perhaps multiple times) to retrieve files that I may not ever need.

Thanks

thanks again phoneline

Finally got it man i never even knew you could right click drag lol got them both now thank god.
    Iphone 3G{S} 16gb Black

iPhone? More like MyPhone keda51's Avatar
    Thanks

Also...

MAKE SURE you are in DFU mode.

NOT restore mode.

DFU = BLACK SCREEN.

RESTORE = apple logo + usb connector screen.

If you're not in DFU mode you can do this a billion times and not get the iBSS.

Page 81 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast