Page 79 of 106 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 2114

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: First official photos of a jailbroken 3G[s] released. Tool not too far away!

Thanks

im gonna try this one more time!! jeez i dont think ive ever restored an iphone this many times in a row lol. im going burn the poor thing up.
    160GB iPod Classic
    8GB 2G - Firmware 2.2.1 PWN'D
    8GB 3G - Firmware 3.0 PWN'D
    16GB 3G S - Firmware 3.0 Ra1n'n Purple
    64GB iPad 3G - Spirit'd
    32GB iPhone 4

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I really hope you guys get your problems sorted out

I'm currently using Windows XP (Since OS X gave me restore error 3004 for some reason..) and found that iTunes created odd folders called names such as PerF.tmp and Per11.tmp inside the %TEMP% folder. I just copied everything that popped up, AS SOON as it popped up, and copied them into a folder called DFU or RESTORE depending on which restore mode I used. Searching around in the DFU folders, I found both the iBSS and iBEC files, but I only grabbed the iBSS from that folder as the Dev Team blog instructed. From the RESTORE folder, I found ONLY the iBEC file and grabbed it from there. I put them both on my desktop for whenever I'll need them. They're named iBSS.n88ap.RELEASE.dfu and iBEC.n88ap.RELEASE.dfu and they both show up as being 103 KB.

Does it sound like I did everything correctly?

Thanks

Sounds like you're ok

iPhone? More like MyPhone keda51's Avatar
    Thanks

Tried so many times now! As soon as the folders appear I copy them but still no iBSS. on Vista :-(

Ok I finally got the iBSS
    The way I did it was to connect a USB drive, then I opened the USB drive and the Temp folder. leaving both windows open
    As soon as the file popped up in the temp folder I just dragged it over.
    that way it will copy it quickly and not move it

iPhone? More like MyPhone Go Gators's Avatar
    Thanks

My 3gs was activated from the person I bought it from but now after I did the restore it is back to the emergency screen. Is there anything I can do to reactivate or do I have to wait for the jailbreak? Thanks.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Get_Zwole's Avatar
    Thanks

it popped up i selected it and hit ctrl C and I guess it didnt copy it i tried to paste and nothing will paste onto my desktop. Guess ill have to try again.
    Iphone 3G{S} 16gb Black

Quote Originally Posted by Go Gators View Post
    My 3gs was activated from the person I bought it from but now after I did the restore it is back to the emergency screen. Is there anything I can do to reactivate or do I have to wait for the jailbreak? Thanks.
    It should activate with your iTunes....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ath_x64 View Post
    Ok I finally got the iBSS
    The way I did it was to connect a USB drive, then I opened the USB drive and the Temp folder. leaving both windows open
    As soon as the file popped up in the temp folder I just dragged it over.
    that way it will copy it quickly and not move it
    i figured if i did that it would physically move the folder and not copy?
    Iphone 3G{S} 16gb Black

iPhone? More like MyPhone gsmumbo's Avatar
    Thanks

So just to clarify, this isn't a jailbreak. Just something to help with a future jailbreak, kinda like purplera1n or however you spell it?

My iPhone is a Part of Me PhoneLine's Avatar
    Thanks

God bless my slow *** vaio laptop!

Files stayed there a good 20 seconds and I was able to copy them.

IBEC and IBSS gottem!

If I don't need these files, I'm hunting the Dev team down!!!!

Thanks

It should activate with your iTunes....
    I don't have an AT&T account. I'm with T-Mobile.

Quote Originally Posted by Get_Zwole View Post
    i figured if i did that it would physically move the folder and not copy?
    No as it is an external drive it copies by default and does not move them.

@ Go Gators, if you know someone with an AT&T activated iPhone it should activate on their system.

I jailbreak the phones for all of my friends on my laptop and they activate but I do not restore them from my files, they can take them back to their systems and do restores from there.

ok someone help me make sure im getting the right files... when i did the reg restore (we can just do a shift + select ispw file from an already downloaded 3.0 file right, instead of waiting for itunes to download it)

well, when i did the reg restore it popped up with a folder Per61.tmp, in there there is a folder Firmware, then DFU, then there is a IBEC file.. i take it thats what i want.

now i tried to restore in DFU mode and i copied the folder that popped up, and the only thing i can find in any of the folders is another IBEC file.. no IBSS file..?

Thanks

No as it is an external drive it copies by default and does not move them.

@ Go Gators, if you know someone with an AT&T activated iPhone it should activate on their system.

I jailbreak the phones for all of my friends on my laptop and they activate but I do not restore them from my files, they can take them back to their systems and do restores from there.
    Allright, thanks.

Thanks

so as soon as the file comes up i can just grab it and drag it to my desktop and it wont mess anything up? Will wait for an answer because im unsure.
    Iphone 3G{S} 16gb Black

My iPhone is a Part of Me PhoneLine's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stylin97 View Post
    ok someone help me make sure im getting the right files... when i did the reg restore (we can just do a shift + select ispw file from an already downloaded 3.0 file right, instead of waiting for itunes to download it)

well, when i did the reg restore it popped up with a folder Per61.tmp, in there there is a folder Firmware, then DFU, then there is a IBEC file.. i take it thats what i want.

now i tried to restore in DFU mode and i copied the folder that popped up, and the only thing i can find in any of the folders is another IBEC file.. no IBSS file..?
    Have the temp folder open and look at it as the Extracting software box is up on Itunes. As soon as the extract finishes a temp folder will appear, then vanish a few seconds later. For me it was literally 2 seconds. In that first temp folder is the IBEC and IBSS.

After it vanishes a second temp folder appears, but this one just has the IBEC.

I needed to use an old laptop to get them. My regular PC was too fast, by the time I tried to hit copy, the files were gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Get_Zwole View Post
    so as soon as the file comes up i can just grab it and drag it to my desktop and it wont mess anything up? Will wait for an answer because im unsure.
    Even if it moves them, In a worst case if the restore crashes, hold down both buttons and DFU the phone again, and then re-run the restore.
    Last edited by PhoneLine; 2009-07-02 at 04:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

18. The Following User Says Thank You to PhoneLine For This Useful Post:

Get_Zwole (2009-07-02)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneLine View Post
    Have the temp folder open and look at it as the Extracting software box is up on Itunes. As soon as the extract finishes a temp folder will appear, then vanish a few seconds later. For me it was literally 2 seconds. In that first temp folder is the IBEC and IBSS.

After it vanishes a second temp folder appears, but this one just has the IBEC.

I needed to use an old laptop to get them. My regular PC was too fast, by the time I tried to hit copy, the files were gone.

Even if it moves them, In a worst case if the restore crashes, hold down both buttons and DFU the phone again, and then re-run the restore.
    ok cool thats kinda what i was thinking if it makes it each time it shouldnt matter thanks man.
    Iphone 3G{S} 16gb Black

iPhone? More like MyPhone keda51's Avatar
    Thanks

GOT IT FINALLY! FOR DFU:

If on a Windows machine:

Use another drive connected to a windows machine.
    Open a folder on this drive to drop the Temp folder created by Apple when you start the DFU restore.
    Open your temp folder . In the start menu search type %TEMP%
    Put phone into DFU mode.
    Connect to iTunes. It will say blahblah restore first blahblah.
    MAKE SURE you have your temp folder and external drive folder open and ready.
    Click restore and as SOON AS THE FIRST PERxxx.tmp folder shows DRAG it (ie. copy) to your external folder .
    Open the copied folder on your external drive you dragged to, open firmware folder, open dfu folder, look for

iBEC.n88ap.RELEASE.dfu
    iBSS.n88ap.RELEASE.dfu

Copy these two files a bazillion times onto a bazillion different types of media and smile

The drag and copy was somehow fast enough to grab the file faster then cntrl+c into a folder on the computer's hard drive LOL.

Hope this helps those of you not being able to get the iBSS on a windows machine.

If it helps please hit my thanks button
    Last edited by keda51; 2009-07-02 at 07:05 AM. Reason: typos

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to keda51 For This Useful Post:

A_DuB187 (2009-07-02), Get_Zwole (2009-07-02), PhoneLine (2009-07-02)

I just ctrl-c and ctrl-v'd the whole folder quickly immediately after it showed up, got it done with milliseconds to spare.

Page 79 of 106 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast