Page 66 of 106 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 2114

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: First official photos of a jailbroken 3G[s] released. Tool not too far away!

Quote Originally Posted by inzandity View Post
    It's back up...with nothing :-(
    Not really surprised though, I think that perhaps the rumors that they have not found another exploit could be accurate.
    If they release now and lose their vector for inserting the JB code they could be out of luck for 3.1 and follow on OS updates.

Time will tell with this one.

I am hopefull that Geo and Chronic can get something out by the 4th or early next week.

That is if I do not have to take my 3G S back for replacement. after my GPS issues this morning it got very hot during a 5 minute call

previously known as iPhoneman2K, iphoneman76 iPhoneMuscle's Avatar
    Thanks

TIC TOCK. I got faith in the Dev team! Like Stealth said these things take time to create and code...it will come>

Quote Originally Posted by iphoneman123 View Post
    TIC TOCK. I got faith in the Dev team! Like Stealth said these things take time to create and code...it will come>
    Ah but listening to the Dev Team they already have the JB, they just are not going to release it until 3.1 is final.

It is GeoHot and the Chronic Dev Team that are working on one for the 3G S and OS 3.0 still :P

If 3.1 really is on the verge of being released, I have to say it makes sense to hold off on releasing a JB for 3.0.

It's like a soap opera this really.And i pretty much hate soap operas.They depress the crap out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by eballesq View Post
    If 3.1 really is on the verge of being released, I have to say it makes sense to hold off on releasing a JB for 3.0.
    I am not sure I follow you? Using that logic it makes sense to hold off until 3.2 and eventually 4.0

Apple will always patch for what is released, that is part of the "cat and mouse" game.

releasing for 3.0 gets the code into peoples' hands, you just make sure that people understand not to upgrade to 3.1, some will still do it but many wont.

iPhone? More like MyPhone dchandler's Avatar
    Thanks

I think it would make sense to hold out too, only if its that close.
    The Thank you Buttons works great let me see you use it

here is the problem there, if they wait the possibility that the vector being used will be fixed in 3.1

that would mean delaying the JB even more (potentially months). why would they do that? how would delaying for 3.1 be a smart move?

We know there is going to be a BB update in this upgrade so they will have to start over with an unlock for the new BB. that leaves people looking to unlock now out in the cold.

The decision is not really all that logical.

so....no 3.01? they are just gonna go straight to 3.1, wow theyre not messin around, hope it takes care of all the bugs
     White iPhone 3Gs - 32Gb 

Quote Originally Posted by Ath_x64 View Post

We know there is going to be a BB update in this upgrade so they will have to start over with an unlock for the new BB. that leaves people looking to unlock now out in the cold.
    This has been solved many times in the past. All that we need is a tool that will preserve the current baseband hence creating an ipsw for 3.1 on 4.26.08, which will preserve the current ultrasn0w. The Dev team should be working on tools for this, and in the mean time someone should release the jailbreak for 3.0 so we can at least enjoy a jailbreak in the next few weeks until a solution is born
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

iPhone? More like MyPhone remz08's Avatar
    Thanks

wouldn't you think all the devs are starting to look at the 3.1 beta now, and not worry so much about 3.0, since a beta release does kinda hint to an update pretty quickly?

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    This has been solved many times in the past. All that we need is a tool that will preserve the current baseband hence creating an ipsw for 3.1 on 4.26.08, which will preserve the current ultrasn0w. The Dev team should be working on tools for this, and in the mean time someone should release the jailbreak for 3.0 so we can at least enjoy a jailbreak in the next few weeks until a solution is born
    Yes I agree with you there, but that is my point. why wait for 3.1 to release the JB? after all they will have to spend considerable time developing a tool to allow for FW updates while preserving the BB.

So using that logic it actually makes more sense to release now than to wait :P

who didnt sleep last night?

NO MORE NEEDS TO BE SAID!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ath_x64 View Post
    I am not sure I follow you? Using that logic it makes sense to hold off until 3.2 and eventually 4.0

Apple will always patch for what is released, that is part of the "cat and mouse" game.

releasing for 3.0 gets the code into peoples' hands, you just make sure that people understand not to upgrade to 3.1, some will still do it but many wont.
    If 3.1 is fixing bugs in 3.0 then I think you'd expect MOST users want to upgrade. I just don't get what the urgency is -- people are so frigging impatient, demanding immediate results (FREE results) from a group of folks providing a nifty service.

But whatever.

If 3.1 is fixing bugs in 3.0 then I think you'd expect MOST users want to upgrade. I just don't get what the urgency is -- people are so frigging impatient, demanding immediate results (FREE results) from a group of folks providing a nifty service.

But whatever.
    I do not remember demanding anything, I made the comment that holding off on releasing existing code makes no sense as that code will need to be rewritten anyway.

As far as fixing bugs, I am not sure what bugs are being fixed in the actual OS.

The only things I am hearing are feature improvements. MMS, save a copy for video recording, faster boot time, I have not run into any bugs (with the exception of the GPS issue that started this morning).

Now the new BB is supposed to fix call dropping issues in the US so we still have a problem, if this is the case then they will have to find a new way to unlock the new BB as I am sure people will want the new BB to fix the call dropping issues.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

No matter if the tools released today or after 3.1, Dev Team are back to square one. The only exploit Dev Team know will be patched in 3.1 so they might as well release it now.
    So it's all upto GeoHot now unless Apple have also patched the exploits he found!!!!!!!

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Thanks

The dev team dont have a jailbreak. And even if they did, a 3.0 JB is useless if its been released after 3.1.

We haven't seen one screenshot from MuscleNerd or a video or anything. They ALWAYS release screenshots and/or videos when they have a new jailbreak like this one.

Back in the 1.x days it used to be, jailbreak, release (no matter how difficult it was to the end user, following rediculously long guides etc) and then when Apple patched it, start from scratch again.

Dev Team are acting like Apple. They are controlling the whole jailbreak scene right now, like a JB Police. Why?!?!?! Give us it, and if we manage to muck it up or somethin its our own fault. I don't need to be nurtured like a baby through every firmware. this is starting to get rediculous.
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to reeko For This Useful Post:

cpkirkley (2009-07-01), Melech518 (2009-07-01), WCR4_6 (2009-07-01)

I'm thinking in the mean time I'm gonna learn something like juggling or perhaps crochet.......ok maybe not.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

The only thing Dev Teams has ever done was jailbreak the 3G, everything from unlocks to jailbreaks since 1.0 were done by GeoHot, they've always been dependent on his findings.
    But in this case, Dev Team are in a lose-lose situation, so yeh they should release it now as they said they had jailbroken it. Once again, they'll have to rely on GeoHot giving them one of his exploits.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Well,it been real guys, but until the powers that be stop cowtowing the the powers that be - This is all conjecture.

*Leaves to watch Bleach 226...*
    EVGA P55LE Mobo/Core [email protected]/Corsair H50
    8GB Corsair Donimator DDR3 1600/Radeon 5870
    2x 150 Raptors in Raid 0/2 TB Caviar for storage
    Denon AVR 590 Reciever
    46" Sony KDL-XBR9

Page 66 of 106 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast