Page 23 of 106 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: First official photos of a jailbroken 3G[s] released. Tool not too far away!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

The reason ChronicDev will release it early is that he EXPECTS there to be another way to jailbreak after this iBoot exploit is patched. We can only hope this is the case but nothing is a certainty.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    Yes ultrasn0w will work, this I already know, but as long as the phone remains on the current baseband. 3.0.1 is sure to update the baseband hence locking out unltrsn0w. Whatever jailbreak is released then for 3.0.1 and so on will have to preserve the current 4.26.08 baseband just like with yellowsn0w and 2.2.1
    Grand - it means that I should be able to resume using my Norwegian SIM Card in the device when I head back over at the end of July - dependant of course on the JB being released by then!

Poseidon79 couldnt have said it better myself!

nothing is certain therefore release the jailbreak....
    who knows if we will be able to jailbreak tommorow. apple may release an update that will bugger us all.

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    ^ This is what will happen, geohot and/or the chronic dev team will release their jailbreak very soon choosing not to wait for a FW update. Within 1 hour of the release of that jailbreak, the dev team will do one of two things. The dev team will either immediately release theirs to outshine the others or they will place a statement on their blog how the other team has ruined jailbreaking for millions of people.

The last one. They always discredit others to take their fame.

Thanks

Can't they just borrow redsn0w for now? Saves developing the whole GUI.

The dev team must have seen this coming, they only started taking donations a week or so ago.

Are the chronic dev team as talented as the dev team without geohot SB? Or are they riding on his findings? I mean, if geohot disappears again are we going to be looking towards the dev team again or can chronic fly the flag alone?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bleeditout2130's Avatar
    Thanks

The only way that a jailbreak doesn't happen before 3.0.1 is if Apple releases that update today.
    Oh snap!

^ This is what will happen, geohot and/or the chronic dev team will release their jailbreak very soon choosing not to wait for a FW update. Within 1 hour of the release of that jailbreak, the dev team will do one of two things. The dev team will either immediately release theirs to outshine the others or they will place a statement on their blog how the other team has ruined jailbreaking for millions of people.
    me thinks this dude knows something or have something that we dont have, so sb could you pls let us know or have what you have or know what you know?lol thanks oh btw stop ignoring me on twitter will ya lol

Thanks

Some "tech talk" from purple2k while we sit and wait....

The logic is simple. the iPhone only accepts apple signed code. now, to jailbreak the device you need an iboot exploit (for tethered) and a bootrom exploit (to make it untethered). but you need both.

Now, the 24kpwn is the bootrom exploit, meaning it can take a tethered jb and make it untethered. but the JB itself is done via iboot exploit. Now, the iBoot is updatable, but it doesn't matter, because since the exploitable iboot (let's say from version 2.0) is authentic apple-signed code, the phone will ALWAYS accept it, and you can always use it to jailbreak any fw version.

But, in the 3GS, the phone will NOT necessarily always accept an older iboot, even if it's apple signed, and that's because on the 3GS you need an additional signature to each file you upload to the phone, made real-time and specifically for your phone by apple's servers.

They have no reason NOT to sign the current 3.0 iboot, so we can exploit it, but once 3.0.1 is out, they can refuse signing 3.0 and you won't be able to exploit iboot to take use of the 24kpwn.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

I think Apple are on purpose delaying the restocking of iPhone 3GS, it's been a week and no new stock, I want a 3GS asap!!!!!

How will the other team have ruined jailbreaking for millions of people? Are they annoyed that GeoHot and the Chronic Dev Team have found more exploits and they only found one. I would also like the answer to reeko's question above. Will the iPhone hacking community slow down if GeoHot leaves again?

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Thanks

You forgot to add which is why your get your ECID and go to purplera1n.com and save the downloadable file, and back it up a dew hundred times

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Purplera1n
    Never mind.

Used a different computer. Christ knows why it wouldn't work with my iMac browsers.

Cheers,
    M
    Last edited by Maleficent; 2009-06-29 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Fixed

What do we do with this ECID file exactly? How will it be utilized with the future FW updates?

I respectfuly disagree. The only way the devteam would be left with these two options, is if the jb the chronicteam is identical to theirs. If chronicdevs break utilizes a completely different exploit. Then there's no reason to either badmouth their work, nor release their own. All the devteam would have to do is keep their exploit in the bag for that which will trully end up being that "rainyday".

Now, if it's true that geohotz has multiple angles of attack, and knowingly utilizes the devteams... That my friends is a whole other story. Which IMO would seem rather shady.
    Last edited by thu6; 2009-06-29 at 09:38 PM.

OK...while we wait:
    I’m feeling very uneasy about the high stand being taken by the Dev Team over the 3GS jailbreak. They teased us before the 3GS was released that it should be jailbreakable...now they say they have a jailbreak but they’ve put conditions on releasing it. The whole point of jailbreaking is to beat Apple at its own corporate game. It’s up to Apple to impose conditions on iPhone deployment to make money. Jailbreakers are there to challenge those Apple conditions, like which apps we can use and which network we must be tied into. It’s a game of cat and mouse and as any cat or mouse will tell you speed is vital. I’m not sure it’s up to the Dev Team to impose some sort of corporate high moral decisions – or it’ll end up as a cat and cat game. Maybe it’s time for GeoHot or CronicDev to take on the mouse role.

Thanks

Thu6, no disrespect and normally your points are completely valid, but stealth speaks closely with all the devs and has more info than we know, and definetly more than he is letting on right now,

purplera1n.com will give you a downloadable file. If it's not working please try a different web browser I.e. Firefox. Noone knows what to do with this file quite yet, but keep it safe somewhere and everything will become clear. Apparently this file means your 3GS is jailbroken for life.

it seems like if apple plugs the holes in 3.01 then there wont be a jailbreak at all because the fw has to be signed in realtime and with a newer fw out they won't sign 3.0. fun stuff

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dayloon View Post
    What do we do with this ECID file exactly? How will it be utilized with the future FW updates?
    Currently with the 3.0 firmware we are able to use an exploit to obtain the ECID. This is a unique number for every iPhone and is used as a signature to verify the firmware with the Apple servers. Once you have this number you can use it to "manually" sign the firmware. If the patch is fixed then you will not be able to get this ECID and this makes a jailbreak with a custom firmware impossible. The Dev Team has said that if when this iBoot exploit is patched that there might not be another one and that everyone who has updated or buys a phone with this patched will never be able to jailbreak.

Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
    I think Apple are on purpose delaying the restocking of iPhone 3GS, it's been a week and no new stock, I want a 3GS asap!!!!!

How will the other team have ruined jailbreaking for millions of people? Are they annoyed that GeoHot and the Chronic Dev Team have found more exploits and they only found one. I would also like the answer to reeko's question above. Will the iPhone hacking community slow down if GeoHot leaves again?
    I posted something about this yesterday...
    Here in Florida, Apple stores have full stock of the 3GS. However, if you go to AT&T, they have no stock and you have to order it and it wont ship for 5-7 days.

If you go to Apple.com and order, again it takes 5-7 days before shipping, even when I purchased 2 day shipping.

I called the apple 1-800 number to see what they would say the reason for this is. The BS the woman fed me is that they need this time to verify your AT&T account. So the next person I called was a source of mine who is the Apple Online Store manager based at Apple, Inc. in Texas. She told me that the 5-7 day wait is the "lead time for the iPhones to leave the warehouse". I didnt want her to know why I was asking so I let it be. I am still a little weary of this 5-7 day holding period however. Here is the screen shot of the order I placed last night for an additional 3gs from apple.com:
    Last edited by Melech518; 2009-06-29 at 10:04 PM.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

mamboswing (2009-06-29)

Why don't you order from apple?

To that question on wether there will be a slowdown if geo once again vanishes.

Hehe, it won't slowdown. Simply slip back to normal.

Page 23 of 106 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast