Page 22 of 106 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: First official photos of a jailbroken 3G[s] released. Tool not too far away!

iPhone? More like MyPhone dchandler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    The Dev Team as already plainly stated that they won't release the 3G[S] jailbreak until after the release of firmware 3.0.1 which we can expect in the next few weeks to patch ultrasn0w and lots of 3.0 bugs. It's not going to be for a while.

Dev Team Blog:

..."Apple is surely coming out with a 3.0.1 firmware release shortly. They need to fix ultrasn0w. They need to fix some UI issues. 3.0 is buggy and 3.0.1 is coming. We’re going to wait and see what 3.0.1 brings before figuring out the release date for our version of the jailbreak."

So with that being said, is Geohotz or anybody else going to release his version or do we all just have to wait until the new firmware comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    The Dev Team as already plainly stated that they won't release the 3G[S] jailbreak until after the release of firmware 3.0.1 which we can expect in the next few weeks to patch ultrasn0w and lots of 3.0 bugs. It's not going to be for a while.

Dev Team Blog:

..."Apple is surely coming out with a 3.0.1 firmware release shortly. They need to fix ultrasn0w. They need to fix some UI issues. 3.0 is buggy and 3.0.1 is coming. We’re going to wait and see what 3.0.1 brings before figuring out the release date for our version of the jailbreak."
    True, but from what we have heard from SB, chronicdevteam isn't going to hold off like the Dev-Team. Unless I'm missing something. So weird to have two mods in here posting different stuff, or only half of stuff.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

^ This is what will happen, geohot and/or the chronic dev team will release their jailbreak very soon choosing not to wait for a FW update. Within 1 hour of the release of that jailbreak, the dev team will do one of two things. The dev team will either immediately release theirs to outshine the others or they will place a statement on their blog how the other team has ruined jailbreaking for millions of people.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

dchandler (2009-06-29), KoNeko (2009-06-29), mmai190 (2009-06-29), mworts (2009-06-29), xxzone (2009-06-29)

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    ^ This is what will happen, geohot and/or the chronic dev team will release their jailbreak very soon choosing not to wait for a FW update. Within 1 hour of the release of that jailbreak, the dev team will do one of two things. The dev team will either immediately release theirs to outshine the others or they will place a statement on their blog how the other team has ruined jailbreaking for millions of people.
    Just have to wait for the chronicdev release!!!
    Is my girlfriend the only one that gets mad at me because I spend too much time with my iPhone?

Thanks

And seeing as when the dev team usually meets new targets they post some lame *** video or picture, and so far or we have is a stalling statement, they possibly aren't far enough ahead to actually release a package?

The only thing thats making me expect this jailbreak before 3.0.1 is you SB .... only you!
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

Why's chronicteam so secretive on it's current status if they're stating theyre not to wait for apple's patch?

I don't get all the 007 shizz...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    And seeing as when the dev team usually meets new targets they post some lame *** video or picture, and so far or we have is a stalling statement, they possibly aren't far enough ahead to actually release a package?

The only thing thats making me expect this jailbreak before 3.0.1 is you SB .... only you!
    You are correct. They usually would have released some screenshot of an iphone running mobile terminal. I don't think they have jailbroken yet. Now not to say they won't be able to do it later today or tomorrow.

The only way that a jailbreak doesn't happen before 3.0.1 is if Apple releases that update today.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

mworts (2009-06-29)

@SB- Do you think there is the possibility of a permanent unlock on the 3GS without ultrasn0w, like the 2g?
    Last edited by Melech518; 2009-06-29 at 08:48 PM.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

You are correct. They usually would have released some screenshot of an iphone running mobile terminal. I don't think they have jailbroken yet. Now not to say they won't be able to do it later today or tomorrow.

The only way that a jailbreak doesn't happen before 3.0.1 is if Apple releases that update today.

as with all of the other kids I sit and wait and cross my fingers!!!!

NO MORE NEEDS TO BE SAID!!

Thanks

The exploit from geohot is about gaining access to root ie jailbreaking. ultrasn0w will be needed for a while

LOL.....ditto

Thanks

So once we get a jailbreak of some description - Ultrasn0w will work on the 3G-S?

Quote Originally Posted by WCR4_6 View Post
    So once we get a jailbreak of some description - Ultrasn0w will work on the 3G-S?
    Yes ultrasn0w will work, this I already know, but as long as the phone remains on the current baseband. 3.0.1 is sure to update the baseband hence locking out unltrsn0w. Whatever jailbreak is released then for 3.0.1 and so on will have to preserve the current 4.26.08 baseband just like with yellowsn0w and 2.2.1
    Last edited by Melech518; 2009-06-29 at 09:00 PM.

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

WCR4_6 (2009-06-29)

LMAO I love posts like these. I can't wait to see how this plays out. Even better would be if the exploit geohotz releases ends up being the one Dev-Team found (i know geo has more than one), that would really start some fireworks.

Thanks SB your making sense. Its what caused me to post on the forum. Usually im one of the silent forum members.

Personal opinion - millions of users want to have a JB iphone 3.0 which is better than having a normal iphone 3.0

Of these millions a great majority would be happy staying with 3.0, once 3.0.1 comes out, since they have all the functions they require. And would be happy to wait for 3.0.1 to be jailbroken, without kicking up a fuss.

The reason behind the fuss at the moment is because everyone is in limbo and no one has jailbroken.

just my 2 cents.

Hehe what I find interesting is that I was a bberry fan who hated the iPhone. Bought one for my wife and decided to mess around with it. I have since been through 3 iPhones on my 3gs now just ugraded away. Now I'm on modmyi all day hitting refresh waiting for a freaking jb for my 3Gs I'm a darn iPhone junkie saurik and apple are distrubting addictive stuff man. Yes winterboard is a huge part of my waiting. It's like coca..... I need my fix hehehe gehot do it! Waiting patiently somewhat.

Thanks

Go Geohotz!!!! Go ChronicDevz!!!!! Whooooohooooooo
    160GB iPod Classic
    8GB 2G - Firmware 2.2.1 PWN'D
    8GB 3G - Firmware 3.0 PWN'D
    16GB 3G S - Firmware 3.0 Ra1n'n Purple
    64GB iPad 3G - Spirit'd
    32GB iPhone 4

Quote Originally Posted by A_DuB187 View Post
    Go Geohotz!!!! Go ChronicDevz!!!!! Whooooohooooooo
    yes please GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO MORE NEEDS TO BE SAID!!

Sorry dev team, its time to call in the Ghostbusters.

Geohotz and ChronicDevz the shizzle. hopefully they will show the world they aint afraid of no ghost! and release a tool for us.

Quote Originally Posted by PCeasar View Post
    Hehe what I find interesting is that I was a bberry fan who hated the iPhone. Bought one for my wife and decided to mess around with it. I have since been through 3 iPhones on my 3gs now just ugraded away. Now I'm on modmyi all day hitting refresh waiting for a freaking jb for my 3Gs I'm a darn iPhone junkie saurik and apple are distrubting addictive stuff man. Yes winterboard is a huge part of my waiting. It's like coca..... I need my fix hehehe gehot do it! Waiting patiently somewhat.
    HAHA I was the same exact way praising my BBerry. But once I made the switch, ive never looked back. Such a huge difference between the two and I will never go back

Page 22 of 106 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast