Page 16 of 106 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: First official photos of a jailbroken 3G[s] released. Tool not too far away!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by salayyad View Post
    lol the devteam blog forum sounds like a day care. a bunch of babies crying and whining. im glad im on this site and nowhere else so much more informed it seems. anyways stealth is teasing us to much i want backgrounder
    Haha yea im sure he knows a little more than he's saying.
    160GB iPod Classic
    8GB 2G - Firmware 2.2.1 PWN'D
    8GB 3G - Firmware 3.0 PWN'D
    16GB 3G S - Firmware 3.0 Ra1n'n Purple
    64GB iPad 3G - Spirit'd
    32GB iPhone 4

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

3. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

senas8 (2009-06-29)

Thanks

Now thats one crazy looking picture.
    160GB iPod Classic
    64GB iPad 3G - Spirit'd
    32GB iPhone 4

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by A_DuB187 View Post
    Haha yea im sure he knows a little more than he's saying.
    You are correct sir I say everything I am allowed to tho

iPhone? More like MyPhone salayyad's Avatar
    Thanks

you should make that pic into a theme lol

Thanks

This is probably the most anticipated jailbreak yet!
    160GB iPod Classic
    64GB iPad 3G - Spirit'd
    32GB iPhone 4

iPhone? More like MyPhone remz08's Avatar
    Thanks

I would say defiantly most anticipated yet

iPhone? More like MyPhone dchandler's Avatar
    Thanks

I Agree

previously known as iPhoneman2K, iphoneman76 iPhoneMuscle's Avatar
    Thanks

Man O Man Stealth i swear to God, if your getting me this amped and i got bartending school tommorow I'm screwed. But it's worth the Stress if the break is going down. Much Props to Chronic Dev TEAm. I got love for the dev team but I truely believe it's a open market and if you got the goods go for it -not be the jailbreak cops... FULL SPEED AHEAD! I'm ready STEALTH! Geohot is a pimp, F the regime- make a name for yourself!

iPhone? More like MyPhone salayyad's Avatar
    Thanks

are we still gonna need that purplera1n file

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

??
    Last edited by dr33Rocks; 2009-06-29 at 07:00 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by salayyad View Post
    are we still gonna need that purplera1n file
    I believe so.
    160GB iPod Classic
    64GB iPad 3G - Spirit'd
    32GB iPhone 4

14. The Following User Says Thank You to A_DuB187 For This Useful Post:

salayyad (2009-06-29)

Quote Originally Posted by dr33Rocks View Post
    Surprised no one has posted this yet...but here is a quote straight from the dev team!

"Summary:

We can jailbreak the 3GS right now. But making our jailbreak public at this point in time would benefit relatively few people. It would in fact be detrimental to many more people than it would help. So we feel it’s best to keep our version of the jailbreak out of Apple’s sights for the time being.

Details:

If you already have a 3GS phone and have already done a full USB dump or captured your img3’s signed with your ECID, then you’re in great shape. You will always be able to jailbreak. But many people who plan on getting a 3GS do not yet have one. For instance, many people are waiting for their existing contracts to mature to the point where they get a price break on the 3GS. Many people are trying to sell their 3G before they can buy the 3GS. There are parts of the globe where you can’t even buy a 3GS yet! The reasons are varied, but they are many.

The nature of the 3GS hardware allows Apple to stop IPSWs from being usable unless you’ve already gotten the signed chunks they send to you based on your ECID (a unique chip ID). You cannot get these signed chunks without knowing your ECID, and you don’t know your ECID until you’ve bought your 3GS.

The jailbreak requires at least one signed iBoot-family img3 for your device. And that iBoot needs to have an exploitable bug. It’s an all-or-nothing deal…you either have your signed exploitable iBoot ready to use, for now and forever — always jailbreakable — or you have nothing.

Here’s the critical point, the reason why we’re delaying our version of the jailbreak: Once the jailbreak is out, Apple will fix the iBoot-family bug we use to accomplish it. They will simply stop signing the old iBoots and only sign the fixed ones. If you bought your phone after Apple has done this, there’s nothing you can do…the jailbreak isn’t going to work for you.

It is possible that Apple will find the bug we use without our handing it to them on a silver platter (via a public jailbreak). In that case, we will have delayed our jailbreak for “nothing”. But we’d rather be safe than sorry!

Apple is surely coming out with a 3.0.1 firmware release shortly. They need to fix ultrasn0w. They need to fix some UI issues. 3.0 is buggy and 3.0.1 is coming. We’re going to wait and see what 3.0.1 brings before figuring out the release date for our version of the jailbreak.

In the meantime, we have some remaining 3.0 jailbreak issues to investigate, including push notification. Thanks for being patient with us while we took a 3GS “timeout”!"

THIS HAS BEEN POSTED PROBABLY TWICE NOW ALONG WITH 2 OTHER POSTS POSTING THE LINK....read earlier posts
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dr33Rocks View Post
    Surprised no one has posted this yet...but here is a quote straight from the dev team!

"Summary:

We can jailbreak the 3GS right now. But making our jailbreak public at this point in time would benefit relatively few people. It would in fact be detrimental to many more people than it would help. So we feel it’s best to keep our version of the jailbreak out of Apple’s sights for the time being.

Details:

If you already have a 3GS phone and have already done a full USB dump or captured your img3’s signed with your ECID, then you’re in great shape. You will always be able to jailbreak. But many people who plan on getting a 3GS do not yet have one. For instance, many people are waiting for their existing contracts to mature to the point where they get a price break on the 3GS. Many people are trying to sell their 3G before they can buy the 3GS. There are parts of the globe where you can’t even buy a 3GS yet! The reasons are varied, but they are many.

The nature of the 3GS hardware allows Apple to stop IPSWs from being usable unless you’ve already gotten the signed chunks they send to you based on your ECID (a unique chip ID). You cannot get these signed chunks without knowing your ECID, and you don’t know your ECID until you’ve bought your 3GS.

The jailbreak requires at least one signed iBoot-family img3 for your device. And that iBoot needs to have an exploitable bug. It’s an all-or-nothing deal…you either have your signed exploitable iBoot ready to use, for now and forever — always jailbreakable — or you have nothing.

Here’s the critical point, the reason why we’re delaying our version of the jailbreak: Once the jailbreak is out, Apple will fix the iBoot-family bug we use to accomplish it. They will simply stop signing the old iBoots and only sign the fixed ones. If you bought your phone after Apple has done this, there’s nothing you can do…the jailbreak isn’t going to work for you.

It is possible that Apple will find the bug we use without our handing it to them on a silver platter (via a public jailbreak). In that case, we will have delayed our jailbreak for “nothing”. But we’d rather be safe than sorry!

Apple is surely coming out with a 3.0.1 firmware release shortly. They need to fix ultrasn0w. They need to fix some UI issues. 3.0 is buggy and 3.0.1 is coming. We’re going to wait and see what 3.0.1 brings before figuring out the release date for our version of the jailbreak.

In the meantime, we have some remaining 3.0 jailbreak issues to investigate, including push notification. Thanks for being patient with us while we took a 3GS “timeout”!"
    That has been posted numerous times and is believed by many to be BS and a stall tactic.

Dont get me wrong i have mad respect for the Dev Team. This just seams a little fishy.
    160GB iPod Classic
    64GB iPad 3G - Spirit'd
    32GB iPhone 4

Thanks

yea, I read the post again and laughed at it

18. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

Gigerstreak (2009-06-29)

previously known as iPhoneman2K, iphoneman76 iPhoneMuscle's Avatar
    Thanks

That has been posted numerous times and is believed by many to be BS and a stall tactic.

Dont get me wrong i have mad respect for the Dev Team. This just seams a little fishy.
    nicely put!;0

Quote Originally Posted by iphoneman123 View Post
    Man O Man Stealth i swear to God, if your getting me this amped and i got bartending school tommorow I'm screwed. But it's worth the Stress if the break is going down. Much Props to Chronic Dev TEAm. I got love for the dev team but I truely believe it's a open market and if you got the goods go for it -not be the jailbreak cops... FULL SPEED AHEAD! I'm ready STEALTH! Geohot is a pimp, F the regime- make a name for yourself!

I Hear YA !!!

NO MORE NEEDS TO BE SAID!!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    i have reputable word that a jailbreak will be released at 3am pst tonight.

Hey SB would it be wise to put a Pot of coffee on the burner tonight..?

NO MORE NEEDS TO BE SAID!!

Wise no,, worth it? Maybe. For everything else there's Master card.

Page 16 of 106 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast