Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 320 of 412

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: ultrasn0w is out - 3.0 Unlocked!

  1. #301
    yes and it still didnt work and not only that but i lost signal

  2. #302
    Quote Originally Posted by unfaced View Post
    If I bought a legit Apple factory unlocked iPhone 3G will it work? Or is it still a different frequency?

    Are there any Turbo sim fixes for that, or something to that nature, of any kind?

    And I know you can buy factory unlocked iPhones... so does that mean if you have a buddy that works for Apple or if you paid a significant amount, can you have Apple unlock it for you?

    Last question... since upgrading to iTunes 8.2, I haven't been able to use iPhone browser on my cmoputer. I'm guessing because of the way it changes the way the computer talks to the phone. Is there another program to use to back up stuff like address book and all?

    All help is totally appreciated. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by gumby579 View Post
    If you enable 3G it won't pick up the T-Mo signal. It's easy to fix and won't brick your phone. Just go to Settings > General > Network and turn 3G off.

    It doesn't matter if the iPhone is factory unlocked or not. It is physically impossible for the 3G to run on T-Mo's 3G network because of the different frequency, as you noted. And no, there is no fix to that.

    The factory unlocked ones are ones that you have to purchase overseas. Apple here in the US does not sell unlocked iPhones at all. Maybe if you have a friend there, but he would have to be high up because I don't think they trust their lowly level guys with unlocking software.
    ^Thanks!

    Does anyone have the answer to my last question about iPhone tools?

  3. #303
    iPhone Tools does not work with 3.0
    Why not just back up your contacts using iTunes. Mine synch to Outlook OTA the same as every other phone I've had for the past few years.

    Quote Originally Posted by l3g3nd.k1ll4h View Post
    yes and it still didnt work and not only that but i lost signal
    What is this replying too? What have you done?
    Last edited by confucious; 2009-06-25 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

    unfaced (2009-06-25)

  5. #304
    Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    iPhone Tools does not work with 3.0
    Why not just back up your contacts using iTunes. Mine synch to Outlook OTA the same as every other phone I've had for the past few years.
    I don't have any address' in my outlook express. I preffer just backing it up. With my 2G on 3.0, I stuck it on my laptop with iTunes 8.1.1 and iPhone tools and it read that phone. But will it read the 3G? (Totally noob, I know, but I don't wanna chance ruining the 3G.)

  6. #305
    Outlook Express is not the same as Outlook. You should be using iTunes 8.2
    Why do you prefer 'just backing up' instead of synching properly?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

  7. #306
    Unhappy Orange UK 3G icon
    Hey guys, I'm new so hello to all!

    Have successfully redsn0w'd and ultrasn0w'd my boxfresh 16GB iPhone 3G (3.0). Other than it taking a while to find coverage when it drops out, all seems to be well so far.

    However, I dont seem to be getting the 3G icon, it periodically appears but only briefly before flashing up 'No Service'. It's definately not due to coverage, i've checked with another phone.

    I have 3G enabled on iPhone, have rebooted etc but still no joy.

    Anyone else got this issue, or have any ideas?

    Thanks

    AngryBritain.com

  8. #307
    iPhoneaholic reddawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts, USA
    Posts
    430
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 71 Times in 59 Posts

    Hummm...I successfully updated to 3.0 on my iPhone 3G. Everything seems to be working fine. Yep, even MMS (T-Mobile). Can't find the video recorder in 3.0. Someone told me that it is only available on the 3GS.

    Performing a stock RESTORE in iTunes and then jailbreaking seems to have left a lot of old cydia applications on the the disk (Private partition). I should have performed a SHIFT + RESTORE in iTunes. That's the way it has always been done in the past. Oh well, I deleted what was safe (old apps). The rest I will have to stay.

    In all, things went very well.
    Last edited by reddawg; 2009-06-25 at 12:17 PM.

  9. #308
    ok so i have a strange problem, More less annoying than a problem. I can't seem to reproduce it this morning but it happened twice yesterday.

    If i miss a call when i go to unlock my phone it doesn't show the lock screen but it shows the screen as if they were still calling me. It has Answer on the slide bar too. when i "unlock" the phone it acts like it tries to connect to the call but fails and just takes me to the recent calls screen. Very weird but on both missed calls yesterday it happened.

    This is the only thing i can find wrong atm, so guess i'm lucky compared to a few but annoying.

  10. #309
    Default @confuzius: activation
    There was and is no point at which I could activate again! Meanwhile I did the unlocking via a friends wifi and Cydia's ultrasn0w. It works again, everything looks fine.

    Could I have done anything another way or better?

    Thanks for reply
    Lutz

  11. #310
    If your phone is officially unlocked then you should have been able to restore and activate the phone in iTunes - could you not do this? If you could then jailbreaking with RedSn0w should not lock it and UltraSn0w would be unnecessary.
    What is the model number of your phone?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

  12. #311
    Default Model# is MB500T
    Model# is MB500T

  13. #312
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryBritain.com View Post
    Hey guys, I'm new so hello to all!

    Have successfully redsn0w'd and ultrasn0w'd my boxfresh 16GB iPhone 3G (3.0). Other than it taking a while to find coverage when it drops out, all seems to be well so far.

    However, I dont seem to be getting the 3G icon, it periodically appears but only briefly before flashing up 'No Service'. It's definately not due to coverage, i've checked with another phone.

    I have 3G enabled on iPhone, have rebooted etc but still no joy.

    Anyone else got this issue, or have any ideas?

    Thanks

    AngryBritain.com
    I'm having this same issue.

  14. #313
    Default unlocking unlocked iPhone...
    unlocking via Cydia's ultrasn0w workes with me....

  15. #314
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokogei View Post
    Model# is MB500T
    Your phone should be unlocked. There is a thread on Apple's support forum where people locked their phones doing a restore. I would email Apple and ask how to resolve it as an officially unlocked phone should not lock!


    Quote Originally Posted by asko1981 View Post
    I'm having this same issue.
    Which network?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

  16. #315
    My 3G (on t-mobile usa) currently has fw 2.2, and i'd like to reformat it wiping it clean and then start from scratch before sn0w'ing it.

    so should i just do a RESTORE in iTunes to reformat and load 3.0 on it, then follow with redsn0w and ultrasn0w?

  17. #316
    Quote Originally Posted by reddawg View Post
    Hummm...I successfully updated to 3.0 on my iPhone 3G. Everything seems to be working fine. Yep, even MMS (T-Mobile). Can't find the video recorder in 3.0. Someone told me that it is only available on the 3GS.
    Download Cycorder from Cydia, it is free and works pretty good.


    Quote Originally Posted by reddawg View Post
    Performing a stock RESTORE in iTunes and then jailbreaking seems to have left a lot of old cydia applications on the the disk (Private partition). I should have performed a SHIFT + RESTORE in iTunes. That's the way it has always been done in the past. Oh well, I deleted what was safe (old apps). The rest I will have to stay.
    Should have restored to a clean 2.2.1 or what ever you currently had before updateing to 3.0. This would have removed that (private partition).

    M
    Last edited by Musad; 2009-06-25 at 08:13 PM.

  18. #317
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East coast
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    nice job dev team!!!! thanks

  19. #318
    Quote Originally Posted by razor99x View Post
    My 3G (on t-mobile usa) currently has fw 2.2, and i'd like to reformat it wiping it clean and then start from scratch before sn0w'ing it.

    so should i just do a RESTORE in iTunes to reformat and load 3.0 on it, then follow with redsn0w and ultrasn0w?
    If you can find the a clean fw 2.2. (For windows)click Shift + Restore in iTunes and select the clean fw 2.2. Then update to 3.0.

  20. #319
    Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Outlook Express is not the same as Outlook. You should be using iTunes 8.2
    Why do you prefer 'just backing up' instead of synching properly?
    I don't use Outlook. I use Outlook Exress. And it syncs the same but last time I tried that, it deleted all the contacts on my phone when I had no backup. Just a little scared to try again. Plus it interferes with all my email addresses and adds double contacts then it just gets all messy. I ended having to make 2 contacts list and switch over before I sync and it was a pain in the A**!!!
    The only thing that threatens my humanity... is, none other than, reality.

  21. #320
    Whata bout me??

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •