Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Windows] How to Jailbreak and Unlock iPhone 2G Firmware 3.0 with RedSn0w

Updated >
    SSH into iPhone using DiskAid. Works like a charm. Just change from the bottom left corner Root Folder or Media Folder, whichever you like
    And you can restore everything u backed up manually or themes or etc

People u must first restore your iphone in itunes to 3.0 then do the redsnow thingy..

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DJM AutoWerkz View Post
    People u must first restore your iphone in itunes to 3.0 then do the redsnow thingy..
    i forgot this step and now have the apple logo with the spinning wheel of death (but not spinning). please tell me this is repairable!

hey guys please help
    i have a jailbroken iphonw 2g 2.2.1 but i cant put any sim in it , wont let me, alwasy says no signal, now i unlocked/ activated when i jailbroke to get 2.2.1 but still when i put my sim in it says no signal
    my question is this: do i need to put the sim in before i run redsnow to unlock/ activate or do i leave the sim out and run the program
    any helpp pleasssseeeeeeeeeeeee

hey bro quick question
    im on a 2.2.1 jailbroken 2g iphone but i still cant put any sim in there
    even though i activated/jailbroke to get 2.2.1 i still cant put any sim in
    my qiestion is this: should i leave the sim in while i run redsnow or take it out and do the same i been doing?
    any help bro would be greatttttttt
    Last edited by ab1905; 2009-06-21 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Used redsn0w yesterday on my iPhone 3G, worked fine, but then I realised that most apps in Cydia don't work on 3.0 yet.

Winterboard and almost all themes work
    Cycorder works
    OpenSSH works
    Icy works

So that'll do :P all I need now is Veenc working again D:
    - 16GB - Jailbroken
    - 16GB - Not Jaibroken.

Quote Originally Posted by Loyalty View Post
    When I double click on the RedSnow zipped file a pop up comes up saying "Extract All" "Run" and "Cancel". I've clicked extract all, basically does nothing......and I've clicked Run, which brings up the option to select the IPSW file. The only issue is that it doesn't show the uncompressed IPSW restore file on my desktop when that window is up.....and yes, that zip file is saved on my desk top ???? IDK WTF I'm not doing right but I've never had this issue with Pwnage when I've used it in the past
    are you using firefox? i've read there are some issues with internet explorer

use firefox download redsnow..search for the 3.0 ipsw file on your pc, if you can't find it download it again using firefox
    make sure you know where you saved it so when you run redsnow you'll know where to locate the file

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by newskin View Post
    Great guide, thank you. Anyone know how to install Icy by itself?
    try adding
    apt.ripdev.com into sources

Just Jailbreaked..

Worked 150%. My iPhone is running as smooth as it was out the box.

Great work Apple + dev. 3.0 is a top notch firmware.
    myRepoSpace.com - Easily create your own Cydia Repo.

I got "downloading jailbeak" for few minutes, then it gets stuck on Steve Jobs russian screen. Can anybody help me?

Quote Originally Posted by ToasterBoyOhFour View Post
    i forgot this step and now have the apple logo with the spinning wheel of death (but not spinning). please tell me this is repairable!
    Did you figure this out? I've got the same thing pretty much.
    Last edited by bcbbc2202; 2009-06-21 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok everyone says it works besides a couple of people but what if it doesnt work at all with my iphone 2g. Then what would i have to do to get the 3.0 off of it and go back to the 2?

ok i did a stupid thing:
    - iphone 1st generation, upgraded 3.0 on itunes 8.2
    - now cant opet any version of itunes, it says that itunes library.itl file is created by older version.
    - i cant be reinstalled, system restore wont work. im stucked.

any help appreciated!

Default Where is cydia?
    I updated from 2.2 to 3.o on my Iphone 2g. Now where is cydia?

Thanks to all you guys I finnally got it going. The only thing is how do i download all the screens cause i can not get cydia

Gatocaribe

Quote Originally Posted by abelgoddard View Post
    To candyg12l: I used the iPod Touch instructions for where to get the ipsw.

From that post:
    ------------------------
    iPod2,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw is the iPod Touch 2g 3.0 firmware file.
    iPod1,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw is the iPod Touch 1g 3.0 firmware file.

On XP they are located in
    CDocuments and Settings\ YOUR USER NAME \Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPod Software Updates\

On Vista the are located in
    CUsers\ YOUR USER NAME \AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPod Software Updates\
    ---------------------

I just changed iPod to iPhone in each instance. My latest ipsw was right there. When redsn0w asked for one, I used the iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw, which was created tonight when I upgraded to 3.0.

Now, that being said, I'm having some problems with a number of jailbreak apps not working. I'm still working on them, though, and think that doing some SB restarts will help.

Oh, yeah - the ipsw file isn't in the zip folder, as some seem to expect. I downloaded the one that modmyi has available, but couldn't get it to work. That's why I tried the other way.

So, it's TWO downloads for jailbreaking, which is all I do. Not worried about unlocking.

And to the folks having issues unzipping: Vista gives my headaches with that as well. I had to use a separate program to get the .exe to unzip properly.
    Can you pls tell me what program you used in Vista to unzip?
    Im starting to lose my mind!!!
    Anyone know if they are going to release QuickPwn soon?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bcbbc2202 View Post
    I got "downloading jailbeak" for few minutes, then it gets stuck on Steve Jobs russian screen. Can anybody help me?

Did you figure this out? I've got the same thing pretty much.
    In case anybody still has that issue - go back to itunes and restore. Then use redsnow again.

I have a 2G now running 3.0, jailbroken and unlocked on T-Mobile USA. Does anyone know how to get MMS working?

Works great thank you

Default Thanks
    Thanks a lot. This worked like a charm.

Quote Originally Posted by whiplasher View Post
    hi, can someone help me. i just did everything redsnow told me to do and thank you for the redsnow it works great but i do have 1 problem. i put a check on install cydia and unlock but i cant find cydia anywhere in my phone. don't know what happen. what should i do? please help. thank you

I have the same problem Can not find Cydia. Can you let me know if you solved it?

Thanks

Gatocaribe

iPhone? More like MyPhone Beva922's Avatar
    Thanks

use winrar to unzip in vista
    >>**Please thank me if I helped you...**<<

Status notifier won't open. If sb finds a solution for that would be great.

Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast