Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Windows] How to Jailbreak and Unlock iPhone 2G Firmware 3.0 with RedSn0w

too easy no problems at all!

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blakroz View Post
    can someone help please, ive downloaded the 4 files to be downloaded, i ran the redsn0w program, but im not able to find the 2g 3.0 firmware ipsw file, when i download from the link and open the zip i cant find it, please help...thx in advance
    It will ask you where to extract, choose desktop, much easier.

nah ive downloaded it on my desktop (windows xp) i found the zip file but no ipsw file in there to browse with redsn0w can someone please post that file?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blakroz View Post
    nah ive downloaded it on my desktop (windows xp) i found the zip file but no ipsw file in there to browse with redsn0w can someone please post that file?
    Not trying to give you a hard time, but your missing something. No one else has had a problem like this that they were missing. Try it again.

ive tried it twice and same issue, and on page 4 and 5 there are 2 people having the same issues and no one answered them yet...can u or someone please repost the file thx

Thanks

If you found the zip file, extract it to your desktop, I'll see if I can find the files in the mean time.

frndz can i use ipsw file downloaded through iTunes in place of one u posted here plz help

Default constant dfu
    I tried to update my iphone to os3 I have a 2.2 and now i can not get off dfu. I think I screw up. Can some one help?

Thanks in advance

GAtoaribe

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gatocaribe View Post
    I tried to update my iphone to os3 I have a 2.2 and now i can not get off dfu. I think I screw up. Can some one help?

Thanks in advance

GAtoaribe
    Try this link, it will explain how to get into DFU mode.
    Don't worry, you won't screw up your phone, it can always be restored. Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by srajoria View Post
    frndz can i use ipsw file downloaded through iTunes in place of one u posted here plz help
    yes, if you do not want to jailbreak.
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2009-06-21 at 05:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default error 9006
    I tried to retore but keep getting error 9006

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gatocaribe View Post
    I tried to retore but keep getting error 9006
    DFU, this is the only way, if your getting a error it's not in DFU

INSTRUCTIONS
    Step 1. Turn off iPhone

Step 2. Hold down the power and home button.

Step 3. When you see the Apple logo, release the power button but continue holding the home button down.

Step 4. Open iTunes and wait for it to tell you that itís in restore mode.

Alternative Method:

Step 1. Connect iPhone to USB then listen to the sound when it connect and disconnect.

Step 2. Hold the home and power buttons until hear the disconnect sound then release power button.

Step 3. Wait until you hear another sound then release home button.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

gatocaribe (2009-06-21), Phew72 (2009-06-22)

im giving my iphone 2g to my girlfriend and she has an att blackjack 2 without a data plan so untill she decides to update her plan to include data do i need to unlock the phone so we can just put her sim card in without having to activate through itunes? Then i will just download SBsettings and turn off edge so she wont be charged...right?

Thanks
    13" 2.9 GHz i7 MacBook Pro OSX Mountain Lion | 32gb iPhone 4S iOS 5.1.1 JB

redsn0w works it jailbreaks and unlocks but i have a slight problem my accelerometer does not work properly i cant see web pages in landscape or any other function like that doesn't work but shake to undo works properly anyone else has that problem or is it just me if there is fix can someone please help

hmm maybe I'm doing something wrong, are we supposed to restore to 3.0 and then use redsnow? Because when i use redsnow it takes like 3 seconds for it to work, and in the end it doesn't unlock nor jailbreak.

ok blkcadi i think i found my problem, i was downloading it through Internet Explorer, i just downloaded firefox and trying again, i think its gonna work cause i see the box icon with the music note on it crossing fingers!!

I follow your instruccions and it makes all the sounds you mention but when i try to restore and update it gives me error 9006 and it mentions about a problem dow loading the software. Right now my phone just stays on dfu. when I try to use redsnow it sits with the pic of a hard drive and when it finishes goes in to dfu again.

Really appreciate the help i am geting. I know we will get it

Gatocaribe

Is it possible to do the jailbreak aand unlock and not have Cydia??

Please help....

While trying to jailbreak, redsnow gets stuck at "waiting to reboot"??

Is his a long process? DO I keep waiting??

Thanks

hi, can someone help me. i just did everything redsnow told me to do and thank you for the redsnow it works great but i do have 1 problem. i put a check on install cydia and unlock but i cant find cydia anywhere in my phone. don't know what happen. what should i do? please help. thank you

Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast