Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Windows] How to Jailbreak and Unlock iPhone 2G Firmware 3.0 with RedSn0w

i have already unlocked my iphone 2g but i cant see the data or applications on my iphone. All I see is the connect to itunes logo. I can use it to call and receive calls with a tmobile simcard. How do i get the different applications to be installed on my iphone?

After dowloading jailbreak data. there is the screen which says connect the usb cable to itunes. I dont know what to do next. anyone can help. this is iphone 2G
    Last edited by nauman513; 2009-10-25 at 11:33 PM.

I have completed the jailbreak process and everything is going fine and iphone restarts correctly. but there is no icon of any application like message, setting, youtube etc. except cydia.
    I wonder Wifi on cydia and phone calls(receiving) is working.
    What is this? anyone can help me?
    Thanks

[Windows] How to Jailbreak and Unlock iPhone 2G Firmware 2.2.1 with RedSn0w

redsn0w duznt seems to work 4 me

What phone/FW?
    What's the problem?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

fantastic guide.Dont download firmware and redsnow using safari,it does so using a zipped file. I learned the hard way. still trying to jail break tho. wish me luck

Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post
    This guide will teach you how to jailbreak AND unlock your iPhone 2G running 3.0 firmware using RedSn0w on Windows.

I strongly recommend you backup and restore your iPhone 2G to 3.0 firmware via iTunes BEFORE you begin this guide. By strongly recommend I mean restore to 3.0 firmware.

You will need RedSn0w 0.7.2 which you can download here along with the iPhone 2G 3.0 firmware file available for download here. You also need the 3.9 and 4.6 bootloader files. Download 3.9 here and 4.6 here.

Once you have downloaded everything, extract redsn0w-win_0.7.2.zip to a location on your computer. You should see redsn0w.exe. Run it.

Click Browse.

Find your iPhone 2G 3.0 firmware file you downloaded earlier. Select it and click Open.

RedSn0w tells you that the ISPW is successfully identified. Click Next.

There will be a quick pop up.

Select your options to Install Cydia and Unlock. If you don't need to unlock your iPhone 2G you can de-secelct Unlock

If you are unlocking you need to located the 3.9 and 4.6 bootloader .bin files you downloaded earlier.

Now that you have told RedSn0w where the bootloader files are click Next.

At this point you should make sure your iPhone 2G is plugged into your computer AND turned off. Click Next.

RedSn0w gives you instructions. We are entering DFU mode now. First hold the power button for 3 seconds.

Keep holding the power button and start holding the home button for 10 seconds.

Release the power button but continue holding the home button for 30 seconds.

RedSn0w does its thing. Let it.

Finally RedSn0w has finished loading everything onto your phone. You will see a pretty screen on your phone as it is being Jailbroken and Unlcoked. Don't mess with your phone while all this is going on. After your phone restarts you are done!

Hello There!
    That was A Great Guide.
    Now for the trickiest part.
    My 2g iphone was on V2.2
    I used Redsn0w to upgrade V3.0.
    Now i simply want to go back to V2.2 ...
    My Baseband shows: 04.05.04_G

Please guide me on to Downgrade
    I also get the ERROR CODE 1600 in Itunes,when i try to Restore.
    Please Help!!
    Thank you

Thank you. It's perfect!
    D.Xenotime
    iPhone model: 2G
    iPhone firmware: v 3.1.2
    Theme: Customized Full Metal Panic!? Theme

how long does this take becuz my iphone been on the "downloading jailbrak data" for about 5 mins

Default Please help!!!!!
    [/quote]

My i phone crashed and im tryin to re Unlock & Jailbreak it but for some reason its not working it skips the last steps and stays on the downloading for jailbreak then stays that way then gots to the i phone plug contted to i tunes and i tunes stats that that sim card is not valid cause i use T mobile what do i do?

Unplug and replug.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

I'm making a second attempt at jailbreaking my 8gb iPhone and the first time it never left the Downloading Jailbreak Data screen and after a few minutes it rebooted to the unlock screen. I'm on my second attempt and redsnow has finished doing its thing and says "Done!" but i still have the "Downloading Jailbreak Data" on my screen with the little loading circle going around and around. Can anyone help me? My g/f is getting pissed b/c I can't call/text her and I'm getting pissed b/c I can't get my iPhone working.
    Thank you!

Is it possible I have a first gen iPhone and that could be why this isn't working?

I made 4 attempts none of them worked, then I got the bright idea to follow something I saw on youtube where you force iTunes to restore to 3.0 I'm going to see if that works. Fingers are crossed.

OMG it worked! I LOVE YOU GUYS!
    You have no idea how happy I am to finally have my iPhone working again and you guys are right it was easy once I put two and two together. I don't know how I didn't realize it at the time!
    Last edited by iPhonenewby; 2009-11-28 at 10:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

wen you lock iphone,and unlock it,does messages present in iphone will get delelted

Thanks

^^
    yes unless you made or had back ups from iTunes restore from back up..set as new phone will erase all data..

Question question
    can I use the same step and bootloader to upgrade to the 3.0.1 firmware or the 3.1 firmware?

i have an iphone with 2.2.1 and i have a t-mobile sim in there that is not active can i still upgrade or does it have to be an active sim in there to upgrade to the latest?

You guys are gods among men. Thank you thank you.

I have run redsnow 2 times now both with my tmobile sim inside and without and I can get into it and play around on it with the att sim in but as soon as i put the new sim inside it turns into an emergency only phone. I used the tutorial to do it and it still doesnt seem to work. am I doing something wrong?

edit: I installed bootloader and was able to connect to tmobile's network how ever it now says "different sim detected" and i am only able to use it as an emergency phone
    Last edited by beamz; 2009-12-29 at 08:47 AM.

Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast