Page 39 of 43 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Windows] How to Jailbreak and Unlock iPhone 2G Firmware 3.0 with RedSn0w

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

^ well yes, as my alter ego.

ok, im at work and im about to try going to 3.0but i want to get everything on my phone into itunes like contacts and music. i already got all my apps into itunes from the phone, how can i do that with my contacts, pictures and music? thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Sync your phone in iTunes before you start. Just realized you have a 2G, (yes I know this is the 2G thread but we were talking on AIM) so if you want to have the phone unlocked you will need the 2 bootloader files. 3.9 and 4.6 you can get them from here on the bottom left of this page..

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

anarchy4130 (2009-10-09)

Default success!
    ok, i just finished upgrading to 3.0 with redsnow. and thanks to blkcadi for helping with my questions. the only thing i see now is that when i open cydia and go to manage and then to packages, cydia closes itself (crash?). what would cause that and what i do about it? thanks!

after u click done on ur computer does the "downloading jailbreak data ..." on ur iphone stops or does it keep going ?
    abd if it does for how long ?
    because its been 10 mins and mine hasnt stopped and it hasnt reboot

everything went great except for some reason i dont recieve text messages right away, i dont know if its a carrier mistake or if it came with the unlocking process

Default battery life
    i unlocked and jailbroke my 16GB 2G last week (thanks again blkcadi!) and the only problem i seem to have now is that my battery life seems a lot shorter than when i was running 2.2.1. is this normal or is there something i can do about it? thanks!

Just so I'm clear:

There is no unlock and jailbreak for 3.1+ if I'm on a 2g Iphone using windows.

everything worked fine and went well, but now when i receive text messages i either wont get them at all or they will all come in at once ten minutes later. hopefully is a carrier problem

Help please!!!!!! i did all the process correct and after y got the downloading and instaling the phoen reboot to a picture of a cartoon guy and it doesnt do anything is been more than 1 hour and it doesnt do anything please someone help me

Quote Originally Posted by SuperflyJimmy View Post
    Just so I'm clear:

There is no unlock and jailbreak for 3.1+ if I'm on a 2g Iphone using windows.
    From Dev Team Blog:
    iPhone 2G (1st Generation)

Use PwnageTool to do the magic and then restore with iTunes using your newly created .ipsw ‘nuff said, you don’t need to worry about anything, the baseband will be unlocked, the phone jailbroken.
    2Gs have no problem.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

I thought pwnagetool was for macs only?

Thanks

It is. Find a friend with a mac or take a trip to the apple store and use one of theirs.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

where can i get redsn0w-win 0.7.1?

Thanks

Download section of MMi for the dev team's official torrents thing...
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

I have 2G Ist gen phone with 3.0 which I recently upgraded to. It is already unlocked and jailbroken.
    My question is if I upgrade to 3.1.2 do I need to unlock again or how I can upgrade to 3.1.2 with phone remains unlocked?

Is it possible or not?

Thanks

Default problem while jailbreak
    after following all steps it prompts a screen with itunes logo asking for the data cable and goes dump. Could you please tell what to do next a it is not responding further

Regards
    Ankur

Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post
    This guide will teach you how to jailbreak AND unlock your iPhone 2G running 3.0 firmware using RedSn0w on Windows.

I strongly recommend you backup and restore your iPhone 2G to 3.0 firmware via iTunes BEFORE you begin this guide. By strongly recommend I mean restore to 3.0 firmware.

You will need RedSn0w 0.7.2 which you can download here along with the iPhone 2G 3.0 firmware file available for download here. You also need the 3.9 and 4.6 bootloader files. Download 3.9 here and 4.6 here.

Once you have downloaded everything, extract redsn0w-win_0.7.2.zip to a location on your computer. You should see redsn0w.exe. Run it.

Click Browse.

Find your iPhone 2G 3.0 firmware file you downloaded earlier. Select it and click Open.

RedSn0w tells you that the ISPW is successfully identified. Click Next.

There will be a quick pop up.

Select your options to Install Cydia and Unlock. If you don't need to unlock your iPhone 2G you can de-secelct Unlock

If you are unlocking you need to located the 3.9 and 4.6 bootloader .bin files you downloaded earlier.

Now that you have told RedSn0w where the bootloader files are click Next.

At this point you should make sure your iPhone 2G is plugged into your computer AND turned off. Click Next.

RedSn0w gives you instructions. We are entering DFU mode now. First hold the power button for 3 seconds.

Keep holding the power button and start holding the home button for 10 seconds.

Release the power button but continue holding the home button for 30 seconds.

RedSn0w does its thing. Let it.

Finally RedSn0w has finished loading everything onto your phone. You will see a pretty screen on your phone as it is being Jailbroken and Unlcoked. Don't mess with your phone while all this is going on. After your phone restarts you are done!

Quote Originally Posted by smirkis View Post
    works like a charm
    your an absolute life saver! thank you it worked perfectly!

Having a problem.

I'm going through the process to put the iPhone in DFU mode and while doing this, I know I'm successful as my computer pops up a screen that says "a Windows DFU device has been detected" or something of that nature. However, when REDSN0W completes, it says "No Device Detected, Consult Google or Youtube on how to put your device in DFU Mode". What should I do?!

Page 39 of 43 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast