Page 35 of 43 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Windows] How to Jailbreak and Unlock iPhone 2G Firmware 3.0 with RedSn0w

But only made 4 posts and is still on 1.1.4 - so has yet to enjoy the full benefits
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

There's benefits?
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

So I believe - one day I'll discover them
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Be sure to let me know when you do!
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I did all the steps but it get stuck at "Waiting for reboot" and i resorted via itunes to 3.0.1

Whad device and what is the full name of the ipsw you are using?

Upgraded to 3.0, smooth as butter!

Why 3.0 not 3.1?

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Why 3.0 not 3.1?
    Thought 3.1 wasnt jailbroken for 2G phones?

Pwnage works fine for the 2G - do you not read the Dev Team's Blog?

i am trying to help a friend who lives abroad update there iphone to verson 3.0 but when it gets to the point where they have to connect there iphone to the computer and switch it off, there computer reboots and we have to start over...this keeps happening can anyone help?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Use another pc with itunes as the current pc u r using has an error

I'm still trying to unlock my 2g that uses a 3.1 firmware... Nobody wants to help me

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

@ gotvtec for windows i dont think its possible to jailbreak 2g with 3.1 firmware simply just donwgrade 3.1 to 3.0 by holding shift when itunes starts and make sure ur iphone is re set by holding power and home button location for firmware documents and settings /user/application data /roaming/apple computer/itunes/iphones software updates

Quote Originally Posted by kibaru View Post
    @ gotvtec for windows i dont think its possible to jailbreak 2g with 3.1 firmware simply just donwgrade 3.1 to 3.0 by holding shift when itunes starts and make sure ur iphone is re set by holding power and home button location for firmware documents and settings /user/application data /roaming/apple computer/itunes/iphones software updates
    Hey, this is my problem as well.

I have an unlocked iPhone 2G and everything was running smoothly using 3.0 until I retardedly upgraded to 3.1. Now my phone is locked again and I can't restore back to 3.0 with iTunes because everytime I plug in the phone to my laptop and bring up iTunes I get an error message saying something about the iTunes store not being able to open up properly at this time. That grey colored Update/Restore page never comes up. Any ideas on how to solve this? Thanks.

Edit: Got it to work! Once iTunes was open I turned on my phone then turned it back on again by putting it into DFU mode and the Update/Restore page finally came up. Am now restoring back to 3.0. Thanks man!
    Last edited by sicker than your average; 2009-09-29 at 08:46 PM.

What version of iTunes are you on?

this worked all the way until it says downloading jailbreak data and then to the screen with the itunes nd the plug and it wont let me restore some kind of error plesehelp asap

This did not work for me at all. First time I tried I got stuck on the hard drive logo in my iphone although the program had finished. Second time I ended with the ituns logo in the iphone and cannot get it to work again. A waste of time

^ Good post. Really useful.
    If you don't want help, why did you bother posting?

Page 35 of 43 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast