Page 29 of 43 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Windows] How to Jailbreak and Unlock iPhone 2G Firmware 3.0 with RedSn0w

does this jailbreak and unlock the 2g automatically or is there a way to just jailbreak?

Thanks

Just run redsn0w and don't do the little unlocking bit.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

I cant get the 3.0 firmware to download properly.. keeps sayin there was an error with encryption or something... Any idea?

Thanks
    Thanked 12,544 Times in 7,599 Posts

^ more info would be nice, PC/XP - Vista 32/64 or Mac

Welcome to MMi by the way.

I'm sorry... I'm using vista

Vista 32 or 64? Where are you trying to download it from? The download section on this site? What browser are you using?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Default Thank You
    Worked like a charm! So easy to follow.

Hi,
    I just tried doing this and during the jailbreaking process. It went half way and the program stopped responding?

Thanks

Where did it get stuck at?
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

It was stuck right in the jailbreaking process and the screen had the logo that said downloading data now but it just frozed. I tried it over again and it can't get pass that stage.

whats wrong with my iphone if its saying "downloading jailbreak data" and its just sitting there?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    can u use it on 3G
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2009-08-13 at 12:17 AM.

Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Worked for me but with a couple of errors, so I will set out what happened just in case its helpful to others.

First, Apple iTunes did not recognise the iPhone so I went into DFU and updated to latest release

Ran Redsnow and went thru the instructions exactly as shown, BUT it timed out before my phone entered into DFU mode so the programme stopped.

I left the phone plugged in and powered off and re-ran Redsnow

It started as before, but then immediately started to update on its own as it recognised it was half-way thru the update and, being patient, I left it to itself. 5 minutes or so later, it was updated, jailbroken and unlocked.

Jeff

Default 3.0 firmware
    I have downloaded 3.0 firmware but extracting it can not get an .ipsw file

Don't extract it! it is an ipsw file. If it doesn't have that extension change it to ipsw.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

i think i am screwed big time. I have run the program without restoring from ITUNE to 3.0 and it shows me the uSB cable with ITUNE. I had tried to resore again on 3.0 by pressing shift and selecting but its still same.

HELPPP.. need some guidance here.. and its nt going t SHUT DOWN.. its in DFU mde..

Thanks

Why not just normal restore in iTunes to 3.0.1?

well.. i did but same prblem... i guess it cant happen for my piece i have 2.2.1 now... can anyone helpme out? step by step process will be appreciated

Thanks

@sameer1977
    Update iTunes to at least 8.2. Put phone in DFU mode and then restore in iTunesto 3.0 or 3.0.1. In case you need them here are directions for DFU mode. Also a link the jailbreak your phone with links, files needed and even a video.
    DFU mode
    INSTRUCTIONS
    Step 1. Turn off iPhone
    Step 2. Hold down the power and home button.
    Step 3. When you see the Apple logo, release the power button but continue holding the home button down.
    Step 4. Open iTunes and wait for it to tell you that it detects iPhone in restore/recovery mode.

Alternative Method:
    Step 1. Connect iPhone to USB then listen to the sound when it connects and disconnects.
    Step 2. Hold the home and power buttons until hear the disconnect sound then release power button.
    Step 3. Wait until you hear another sound then release home button.

Page 29 of 43 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast