Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Windows] How to Jailbreak and Unlock iPhone 2G Firmware 3.0 with RedSn0w

hi i cannot find any ispw file in firmware 3.0 folder . pls somebody help111

Thanks

Did you download it as a .zip file?
    If so you need to change the extension from .zip to .ipsw
    or download with firefox and not safari because people say safari unzips it automatically
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

does anyone know if redsnow-win 0.7.2 jailbreak 2g 3.0.1 firmware??

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dayvidpriddy View Post
    Update to 3.0.1 with iTunes, then unlock/jailbreak using 3.0 firmware.
    thanked!

Green Apple
    Thanks

do i connect my iphone to itunes and upgrade it to 3.0.1, then run the redsnow and programs to unlock and have it work on t-mobile still? Is there any tricks i need to know? i dont want to brick it and am thinking of finally trying to upgrade it today. any other help would be great. i have windows vista and amd athlon x 64 processor, will there be any problems?

Upgrade to 3.01 in iTunes
    Run RedSn0w but select the 3.0 ipsw
    Add the Repo and reinstal UltraSn0w
    Enjoy.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Unhappy after istall redsnow, no signal,battery drain fast???
    Hi, any one any idea solve this problem, i just jail break my 2g to os3.0 but then everything went wrong, no signal at all.and the battery not even last for 1 days.

Any genius can HELP me, i tearing my hair now...Pls...

Restore your phone and set up as new. Do NOT restore from a backup.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Worked flawlessly, thanks a bunch

hey everybody,

I recently went thru this process and everything worked, unlocked and all the programs are working thanks very much!

But sometimes it take texts hours to come thru, usually when i make a call they all come thru at once and i cant receive calls sometimes even tho ive got signal and make calls, any ideas??

I was thinking of redoing this process but am unsure of how, do it i do the exact same way;
    Restore from backup?
    Restore from itunes?
    Restore by pressing shift in itunes and then choosing the firmware i downloaded?
    DO i then use redsnow to unlock again?

I really dont know what to do or do you think its a hardware problem? what then?

thanks in advance,

Michael

Thanks

^It might be a network issue.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

I did that thing to ma phone like 2 weeks ago and just noticed than some of the sms are not reaching me and sometimes i dont get sms's at all... or from nowhere i get a lot in like 1 second.... does it has to do with the fact i used this program? is this a common bug?

What network are you on? Do you have 3G access? Do you have any apps that use Push Notification?

ok i have 3.0 watver on my iphone 2g** Well now i have problems people call me and goes straight to voicemail, sometimes i cant complete phone calls,i dont receive txt msgs somethings until i make a phone call. The General problem with most 2g's on 3.0.. So i was wondering if anyone could give me any steps to fix this problem.

Default Worked great!
    I just unlocked my 2G with redsn0w-win, and it worked GREAT. Thank you! (It also worked perfectly on my wife's 3G.)

Make sure you don't have Push notification on.

Confucious, what do you mean by "Push Notification"? What is the danger? Is it on the iphone, or in itunes that you are referring to?

Push Notification is a new feature of 3.0 where some apps (usually IM apps) can notify you of events when they are not running.
    To do this they keep a data connection active.
    3G can cope with simultaneous Data and voice so is not a problem but 2G can't so with a data connection active you can't receive calls or texts. By making a call it drops the data connection so it#'s OK for outgoing calls.
    I believe this is what is happening (although am not 100% certain)

can this unbrick my phone

It depends how your phone is bricked.
    Try DFU and restore

Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast