Page 25 of 43 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Windows] How to Jailbreak and Unlock iPhone 2G Firmware 3.0 with RedSn0w

Default please help
    this is what happened,i downloaded the software update through itunes and installed it on my phone,now i am trying to unlock it with redsnow but cant find the update file i downloaded with itunes,do i need to download it again or can i locate it somewhere on my computer

It's on your computer - what OS are you running?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

if you update trough itunes ( original firmware ) your iphone will stop to work at the point it wants to activate dont panic

run redsn0w ( the firmware fir redsn0w is the SAME as an original)

it installs your choice ( cydia, icy and unlock))
    then redsn0w takes over the install and reboots iphone and inserts
    icy cydia and unlock ( of your choise keep unlock)
    then let it work after boot it will be done

WARNING: if this does not work instantly pres home and power for 10 sec exactly tehen release power and hold home for another 10sec

FAILS? : try reinstallin itunes or try on another comp

His problem is he can't find the ipsw file. As this is stored in different places depending on if you are using win XP/Vista or OSX I asked for his OS.

If redsn0w hangs you do not need to enter DFU Mode or try another computer, simply unplugging the cable and plugging it straight back in will fix it.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

ooow i thought he meant that he needed some sort of custom fm for redsn0w but its the orginal you dont even need to take the exact same file you can dl these files everywhere

thanks guys,i have actually downloaded another one as i could not locate the one that was downloaded with itunes,i am using vista,i want to try the whole unlocking process,thank you for your help i really appreciate
    Last edited by fadex; 2009-07-25 at 02:56 AM.

Please Help!

I've downloaded redsnow7.2 and 8 and it crashes right when its jailbreaking. Any thoughts?

I have tried this countless times now, and ever attempt ends the same. My phone stops at the image of a HD and Downloading Jailbreak Data... I have used redsn0w 0.7.2 and 0.8 on a iphone 2g with tmobile. I have done a fresh restore through itunes and I am having the same problem. I am also only install cydia and that still doesnt help. Anyone have any suggestions for me? I need my phone!

Thanks
    Thanked 12,544 Times in 7,599 Posts

^ try a different machine, just guessing if you've done everything else.

Thanks

Also, try re-downloading Redsn0w from somewhere else... I've heard of that working.
    Last edited by ALL DAY; 2009-07-25 at 07:36 AM. Reason: Why not? :: Hilary Duff
    Respect your elders.

it works.....
    thank you very much

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by angiepangie View Post
    Oops. Sorry about that. Accidental posting.. and I don't see a delete button
    Last edited by angiepangie; 2009-07-25 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by coolusername View Post
    I have tried this countless times now, and ever attempt ends the same. My phone stops at the image of a HD and Downloading Jailbreak Data... I have used redsn0w 0.7.2 and 0.8 on a iphone 2g with tmobile. I have done a fresh restore through itunes and I am having the same problem. I am also only install cydia and that still doesnt help. Anyone have any suggestions for me? I need my phone!

When it gets stuck like this and you are 100% certain you are using the correct ipsw just unplug your cable and plug it back in again. It should then continue and complete.

Still no luck. This sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by coolusername View Post
    Still no luck. This sucks.

whats is saying/doing ?

It stops at the downloading jailbreak data message with the circle spinning at the bottom. i unplugged and replugged and nothing.

ive even tried going back to 2.1 which I was on and jailbreaking/unlocking that and it wont work either, i cant fix my phone
    Last edited by coolusername; 2009-07-25 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

^Try to re-download Redsn0w and see if it'll help. Or try on another computer...
    Respect your elders.

ive tried on another computer and get the same results. i downloaded everything fresh onto this computer. is there anything i can try with the phone? shitttt.

Thanks

How long is it stuck there?

it stays like that until i reset it

Page 25 of 43 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast