Page 24 of 43 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Windows] How to Jailbreak and Unlock iPhone 2G Firmware 3.0 with RedSn0w

I have a question.... i did that thing to ma iphone and installed accidently Icy and cidya at the same time... sooo now cydia shows me a lot of error messages and i realized icy sux... soo how can i repare cidya? and unistall icy (it really sux =( ) ?.... PLS i really need help with this cause i cannot even download stuff from cidya and im stuck with no winterboard T.T

Thanks million!! it works fine and like magic.

Quote Originally Posted by hernanr View Post
    Done! Works great!!
    I had not to unlock, because i've already unlocked in 2.2, the unlock and the activation remains if you update to 3.0 on iTunes.
    All Contacts, calendar entries and AppStore apps remains too without the need of restore backup.
    Now i have to install the Cydia Apps only

My friend i have the iphone 2g with 2.1.1 that means that i can update to 3 without loosing data? only cydia apps ( shift and update not restore? )

thanx

Quote Originally Posted by billskg View Post
    My friend i have the iphone 2g with 2.1.1 that means that i can update to 3 without loosing data? only cydia apps ( shift and update not restore? )

thanx
    If you do a restore with apple's 3.0 you will lose your data. Backup your stuff.
    Samsung Galaxy SII (i777)
    iPhone 4 16GB

Default thanks so much
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2009-07-23 at 04:27 AM.

how long does it usually take to download jailbreak data ????

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Just some info for some. I downloaded everything as the guide said to, didn't restore or anything, just went straight to upgrade inside iTunes, then followed the redsnow guide. All of my contacts and notes were kept, including my photos, music, and all of my apple apps that I had on the phone. The only thing that was deleted was my cydia apps.

I DID NOT check the unlock box since i had previously unlocked the phone before with 2.2.1

I am a T-Mobile customer and my "data plan" info was erased because I got the retarded "not subscribed" message, but I just typed it back it in and it worked fine.

iPod function works fine, along with shake to shuffle.

Only problem I have is Cydia errors which I am looking through this thread for a fix.

Just putting in my two cents Thanx for the excellent walk through;(!!!!

EDIT; Oh and I used the latest version of iTunes, IE8, and running XP

when i down load the 3.0 for the 2g iphone its in a zip folder an wont let me install it in the iphone??? help??

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMash View Post
    when i down load the 3.0 for the 2g iphone its in a zip folder an wont let me install it in the iphone??? help??
    If the file is still named .zip rename it to .ipsw

its not working.
    ive tried it three times already.
    after the jailbroken data downloading screen when it reboots i get the usb and itunes logo screen.
    HELP !
    was using the unlocked version 2g with 2.1 firmware.

all the steps were followed as per the screen shots ( i also got option to download icy - which i skipped first den second time i clicked all the the check boxes i.e. to unlock install icy and and install cydia as well ! )

what is the problem here - HELP

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    If the file is still named .zip rename it to .ipsw
    I tried that and it didnt work i cannot get passed this step

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by friendse View Post
    its not working.
    ive tried it three times already.
    after the jailbroken data downloading screen when it reboots i get the usb and itunes logo screen.
    HELP !
    was using the unlocked version 2g with 2.1 firmware.

all the steps were followed as per the screen shots ( i also got option to download icy - which i skipped first den second time i clicked all the the check boxes i.e. to unlock install icy and and install cydia as well ! )

what is the problem here - HELP
    DFU mode will get you passed that screen and then restore. Has to be set up as a NEW phone. So everything is clean. Then run the jailbreak.
    Install Cydia only, there is a conflict with installing them both.
    Follow timing and instructions the the letter and it will work.
    In case you need help with DFU mode.
    DFU mode
    INSTRUCTIONS
    Step 1. Turn off iPhone
    Step 2. Hold down the power and home button.
    Step 3. When you see the Apple logo, release the power button but continue holding the home button down.
    Step 4. Open iTunes and wait for it to tell you that it detects iPhone in restore/recovery mode.

Alternative Method:
    Step 1. Connect iPhone to USB then listen to the sound when it connects and disconnects.
    Step 2. Hold the home and power buttons until hear the disconnect sound then release power button.
    Step 3. Wait until you hear another sound then release home button.

Quote Originally Posted by jmichael7753 View Post
    I tried that and it didnt work i cannot get passed this step
    You may need to try to get to another computer. No sure.
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2009-07-23 at 06:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i have used this proccess before 45 days.........

......and got successed...
    Last edited by vikassoni; 2009-07-23 at 08:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

redsn0w 0.7.2 aint good get 0.8 for os 3.0 else your cydia might fail

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    DFU mode will get you passed that screen and then restore. Has to be set up as a NEW phone. So everything is clean. Then run the jailbreak.
    Install Cydia only, there is a conflict with installing them both.
    Follow timing and instructions the the letter and it will work.
    In case you need help with DFU mode.
    DFU mode
    INSTRUCTIONS
    Step 1. Turn off iPhone
    Step 2. Hold down the power and home button.
    Step 3. When you see the Apple logo, release the power button but continue holding the home button down.
    Step 4. Open iTunes and wait for it to tell you that it detects iPhone in restore/recovery mode.

Alternative Method:
    Step 1. Connect iPhone to USB then listen to the sound when it connects and disconnects.
    Step 2. Hold the home and power buttons until hear the disconnect sound then release power button.
    Step 3. Wait until you hear another sound then release home button.

You may need to try to get to another computer. No sure.

get this one
    Download Redsnow 0.8 for Windows, Mac and Linux | TechCityInc

get redsn0w 0.8 and then do the other steps
    Last edited by vapochill; 2009-07-23 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Please help me! When i download the 3.0 firmware file for 2g phone, there is a bunch of files to be extracted but the ipsw file, my phone is inoperable because i already updated in itunes like you said, but there is no ipsw file for me to use with redsnow to unlock and jailbreak. I can't use phone at all, just for emergency call it says.

Please, please help!!

Quote Originally Posted by mao67 View Post
    Please help me! When i download the 3.0 firmware file for 2g phone, there is a bunch of files to be extracted but the ipsw file, my phone is inoperable because i already updated in itunes like you said, but there is no ipsw file for me to use with redsnow to unlock and jailbreak. I can't use phone at all, just for emergency call it says.

Please, please help!!
    I am now in the same boat as you some one please help us.

Quote Originally Posted by mao67 View Post

Please, please help!!
    Did you go into DFU mode and hit shift + restore and select the 3.0 firmware upgrade? Once you do that extract the redsn0w folder and run the exe. from there do what it says.
    Samsung Galaxy SII (i777)
    iPhone 4 16GB

Default iphone 2g 3.0
    please someone help me............i have updated my iphone through the itunes to 3.0 but on trying to use the software from the site to unlock i realized that i have to use the update file,please is there a way i can get the update file from the itunes cos i have looked everywhere and dont seem to find it or do i need to download it again,plesaeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Your e key seems to be stuck.
    What file are you missing - they are all linked too in the first post in this thread. What's the problem?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Page 24 of 43 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast