Page 23 of 43 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Windows] How to Jailbreak and Unlock iPhone 2G Firmware 3.0 with RedSn0w

Quote Originally Posted by Al3xInn0 View Post
    hey guys my software just crashed and I don`t know what 2 do I try 2 switch it on and nothing happens and when I`m trying 2 charge it , on the screan appears the apple and when I remove it from the charger it goes blank screen

Could any one help I don`t wannt to go 2 a service because it will be very expensive I tryed a lot of methods but none worked
    It gives me 1601 error in iTunes and i cannot restore it

PLEASE HELP !!! Cheers
    no one

thanks guys, it was a bit stupid from me , but i didnt know that i should rename the file from .zip to .ipsw

the phone is working now
    thanks a lot for the uploader

So much informative and step by step guidence got here.It is so much useful for jailbreak.So much clear comment and easy to follow.I have follwed the way you mentioned and it is working good.Thank you for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by MReda View Post
    i got a little problem, i get to the point where it identifies the phone in DFU mode, but the process stops at "waiting for reboot"!!! i kept it there for like 40 mins and nothing happens... any help?? :S
    i had the same problem when I used my XP-64 bit machine. Got passed all this using my Vista 32bit laptop.

Not going to read all 30 pages but does anyone have problems now that they have jailbroken with redsn0w?

My overheating problem is either because of 3.0 or redsn0w.
    Samsung Galaxy SII (i777)
    iPhone 4 16GB

my iphone always gets stuck on waiting to reboot now i have tried most solutions available on net if someone has a sure shot solution please help or tell me a way to get back to my original firmare 1.1.4

i love u guys omg.. im wet ZOMG

hi guys,
    HELP NEEDED FOR 2G, ORIGINAL 1.12, UPGRADED THRU ZIBRI 1.1.4, NOW UPGD 3.0 UNLOCKED BY REDSN0W
    I did ething as advised, got IPhone unlocked, but when connected to Itune, it was being restored and while backup/sync it is showing sign of apple that's all. Though Itune advise v 3.0 but can not use iphone. Pls help

Edit: Wrong forum
    Last edited by Siawash; 2009-07-21 at 08:00 PM.

Default iphone update
    hey, i have the first iphone 2g 8gb. i am running 1.1.4 on my iphone. is it easy to upgrade straight to 3.0 using this solution? or would i have to upgrade to a certain 2.0 firmware and then do as it shows?

thanks in advance

having a problem with apps.

When I try to open an app, it starts for a second then turns off and goes back to the springboard. Why is this happening?

Should I Erase all Content and Settings? Will this still keep Cydia though?
    iPhone 4 16GB

I have a questio.... i did that thingto ma iphone and installedcidently Icy and cidya at the same time... sooo now cydia shows me a lot of error messages and i realized icy sux... soo how can i repare cidya? and unistall icy (it really sux =( ) ?

First of all, thank very much to the OP. Everything works fine but except cannot connect to youtube and there is no winterboard icon. Does anyone have the same problems as mine? And can you please tell me how to fix it? Thanks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by namel3ss View Post
    First of all, thank very much to the OP. Everything works fine but except cannot connect to youtube and there is no winterboard icon. Does anyone have the same problems as mine? And can you please tell me how to fix it? Thanks a lot
    You download Winterboard from Cydia. (it's in the featured apps).
    iPhone 4 16GB

ok i think i have screwed up my phone. I just restore the phone ( not using any custom restore) and now i cant connect to iphone and here is the message: the sim card inserted in this iphone does not appear to be supported. Only compatible Sim Cards from a supported Carrier maybe used to activate Iphone. Please insert the SIM card that came with your iphone or visit a supported Carrier's store to receive a replacement sim card.

Man can someone please please help me. Thanks

ok i think i have screwed up my phone. I just restore the phone ( not using any custom restore) and now i cant connect to iphone and here is the message: the sim card inserted in this iphone does not appear to be supported. Only compatible Sim Cards from a supported Carrier maybe used to activate Iphone. Please insert the SIM card that came with your iphone or visit a supported Carrier's store to receive a replacement sim card.

Man can someone please please help me. Thanks
    Are you on T-Mobile or a GSM carrier other than ATT? When you ran redsn0w did you check to unlock the phone?

like this..

Last edited by srsuser; 2009-07-22 at 04:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    iPhone 4 16GB

I'm on Tmobile. My problem was: i was sucessfully upgrade to OS 3.0 but i could not connect to youtube. Therefore I want to restore it but accidentally restore by using Apple firmware, not custom firmware. So my phone now i cant do anything, even connect to Itunes to restore it with custom firmware. Whenever i connect to Itunes, it said "the sim card inserted in this iphone does not appear to be supported"

I'm on Tmobile. My problem was: i was sucessfully upgrade to OS 3.0 but i could not connect to youtube. Therefore I want to restore it but accidentally restore by using Apple firmware, not custom firmware. So my phone now i cant do anything, even connect to Itunes to restore it with custom firmware. Whenever i connect to Itunes, it said "the sim card inserted in this iphone does not appear to be supported"
    I don't think there's anything else you can do other than jailbreak it again through redsn0w.

I think you were too quick to restore it, I personally don't have any problems with youtube.
    iPhone 4 16GB

19. The Following User Says Thank You to srsuser For This Useful Post:

namel3ss (2009-07-22)

yeah thanks man, im trying to unlock and jb with redsnow now. Thanks for your help. For the youtube problem, i couldnt connect to it. Dont know why.

np, took me less than 10 minutes to jailbreak with redsn0w.

are you sure your wifi is working properly? can you visit other webpages in safari?
    iPhone 4 16GB

Page 23 of 43 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast