Page 20 of 43 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Windows] How to Jailbreak and Unlock iPhone 2G Firmware 3.0 with RedSn0w

I'm trying to restore to the 3.0 software through itunes and i get past the restore but during verifying sofwate a little over halfway through it states that there was a problem during the restore process. It then pops up saying the phone is in recovery mode what would like to do? I want to get the new software but its seeming kind of difficult for me right now so any pointers?
    Last edited by Xenn; 2009-07-05 at 10:50 AM.

Hi all,
    I want to jailbreak and unlock my iPhone 2G.

I have updated it to 3.0

I have started Redsn0w, located the ipsw file, the Kernal was patched.

My problem is at no point before I start the process does Redsn0w ask me for the bootloader files to unlock my iPhone.

Am I doing something incorrect or do I need to use a different method to unlock my iPhone like Ultrasn0w?

Any help would be appreciated as I am waiting for this information before proceeding.

Thanks everyone.

Chillihound, you have to jailbreak completely first. To unlock you install ultrasn0w from Cydia. Iphonehacks.com has an excellent tutorial up, screen by screen.

Quote Originally Posted by abelgoddard View Post
    Chillihound, you have to jailbreak completely first. To unlock you install ultrasn0w from Cydia. Iphonehacks.com has an excellent tutorial up, screen by screen.
    Thanks for the reply, since posting my original request I have read that iPhone 2G should not be unlocked with Ultrasn0w, Ultrasn0w so I have read is for 3G only - so how comes I can't access the part of redsn0w where I add the bootloader info.

Regards

Sorry. I missed that you were on 2G. All I can say about that is that iPhonehacks.com seems to have tutorials laid out for every configuration except 3GS. Look through their postings, I'm sure you'll find a guide.

it never gave me the unlock option please help

Hi
    I don't know what i'm doing wrong.I have tried about 9 times i get to the stage where the iphone shows a green arrow pointing down to a disk and message says downloading jailbreak data.
    This goes on for a while and the phone goes back to DFU mode ?
    Help appreciated
    Thanks

Everything seems like it went fine, but my i phone is no rebooting!!! Just stays on the downloading Jailbreak data screen.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Clarke

Disregard, I figured it out!!
    Last edited by chineline; 2009-07-06 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

somehow my phone wouldnt receive any phone call at all. any suggestion to change it?

ok so i followed all the steps.

and it says that its done

but the phone itself still says downloading jailbreak data...
    with the spinning wheel.

what do i do now.

i cant get the phone to do anything

i have tried this now 8 times with my 2g iphone

what do i do

Piece of cake. Worked like a champ!
    Thanks

I cannot get apn editing to work. I download it in cydia but nothing changes in my settings. I still have no cellular data option. PLEASE HELP!!!! I have a 2G and jailbroke with redsnow71 and 8.

Quote Originally Posted by jlittolts View Post
    I cannot get apn editing to work. I download it in cydia but nothing changes in my settings. I still have no cellular data option. PLEASE HELP!!!! I have a 2G and jailbroke with redsnow71 and 8.

I can't get it to work on the 3Gs.

anyone????

this thing just bricked my 2g iphone

what the ****?

has anyone got it to work on a vista 64bit system?

Thanks.
    Last edited by y0ungSir; 2009-07-10 at 03:53 AM.

Thank you so much. i just got my iPhone 4gig 2g used and it unlocked/jailbreaked perfect!

Lightbulb works great!
    Thanks soooooooooooo much!

Smile Thank you!!!!
    Thank you guys for posting a step by step instruction on how to unlock an iphone.
    Yes! it was nerve wrecking after reading the frustrated posts but yet, with some hope and prayers, GOT IT UNLOCKED AND JAILBROKEN!!

A few tips which i felt might help.
    DO NOT TAKE OFF THE CABLE OR PRESS ANY BUTTONS AFTER IT SAYS DONE ON THE SCREEN, IT TAKES ANOTHER 5Mins to load everything up. Just calm down, let the phone be on its own and once all done, it will restart to your screen, then enjoy.

I am a newbie but i can help with any questions. It feels lot better to use a jailbroken iphone since more apps and more customization.

Peace

Hi there,
    I'm trying unlock....but it keeps hanging on
    "Waiting for reboot"

anyone else with this problem?

(previously jb/unl with pwnage)

Page 20 of 43 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast