Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Windows] How to Jailbreak and Unlock iPhone 2G Firmware 3.0 with RedSn0w

3G baseband downgrader found via cydia. you must have the right BL though...

can anyone use fontswap? not working for me

not sure, i did exactly what was told in the original thread on how to jailbreak a 2g iphone w 3.0 software and it worked..... it took about 5-7 mins. total.... maybe you didnt wait it out long enough?????

gonna try a 3g on 3.0 software now we'll see how that goes....

good luck!!!

My iPhone 2G was on firmware 2.1.0 and I update it to 3.0 via iTunes restore mode. After unlocking and jailbreaking with redsn0w 0.7.2 for windows, installing cydia and icy. I connected it to itunes again and selected restore from "myiPhone" backup and all my contacts, music and pictures were there again. sweet!

Ikemann888:
    "First restore to 3.0 then RedSn0w 0.7.2 to unlock & jailbreak successfully. Had to try on 2 different PC.

Now got a problem with wifi not working right. Thinking about going back to 2.2.1 for now.

Anyone has a way to downgrade to 2.2.1? Thanks a lot."

I think you have to download the firmware and then use the restore fuction on iTunes. Search for firmware on this site and there is a post with the links to all the firmware versions and the restore fuction is to click on the restore button holding shift, then select the firmware. Backup before though because all info is erased.
    Last edited by Oskar.F; 2009-06-26 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Oskar.F For This Useful Post:

Ikemann888 (2009-06-27)

Having alittle trouble with my 2g unlock, i can get calls once im on the phone sending a text and making calls work great for me, but once i put the phone into standby it cant receive calls, non at all

what you guys think could be the problem

it works well on my friends 2g no problem whatsoever
    EXPERIENCE FROM THE PAST | TECHNOLOGY FOR THE FUTURE

Ok guys need some help here. Doing this on a Windows XP Pro computer. Have a 2G w/ Tmobile sim inside. Put phone in dfu mode and connected to Itunes 8.2 and did a restore to 3.0 firmware. When it reboots I get the invalid sim message. Then I ran Redsn0w, located 3.0 firmwared downloaded from site, put both bins 3.9 and 4.6 and everything seems to run fine until the end. When it finishes, it leaves the phone in restore mode. (usb connection icon). Have read the quides several time and tried this like 5 times already. What am I doing wrong? Help please.

I see this tutorial is for the iPhone 2G (2nd gen? 8 and 16gb) I have the 4GB iPhone (first iPhone to ever be released) Will this tutorial work for my phone? or do I need a different version of Redsn0w?

Also, I'm still on FW1.1.3 (LoL I've missed a few updates ^.^) The only thing holding me back from updating is my themes. I added an option to Customize to change the wallpaper in summerboard without changing the lockscreen background, once I upgrade to 3.0, will I still be able to do this with Winterboard?

Quote Originally Posted by thebug3000 View Post
    Having alittle trouble with my 2g unlock, i can get calls once im on the phone sending a text and making calls work great for me, but once i put the phone into standby it cant receive calls, non at all

what you guys think could be the problem

it works well on my friends 2g no problem whatsoever
    edit: i found a fix for my problem see here if you are having the same problem peeps

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...iphone-2g.html
    EXPERIENCE FROM THE PAST | TECHNOLOGY FOR THE FUTURE

Default thinkin of upgrading to 3.0
    hi everyone

i have a jailbroken 2g iphone with 1.1.4 firmware and am not sure whether to try upgrading to 3.0 myself! i can see that there are guides to follow but are these easy to use as well as free from faults... i just do not want to try upgrading then end up bricking my iphone as it has happened to me before!

and for the peopl who have upgraded, is it worth the hassel of possibly bricking ur iphone...

any information wud be greatly appreciated...
    thanks

kevin

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kevnolan View Post
    hi everyone

i have a jailbroken 2g iphone with 1.1.4 firmware and am not sure whether to try upgrading to 3.0 myself! i can see that there are guides to follow but are these easy to use as well as free from faults... i just do not want to try upgrading then end up bricking my iphone as it has happened to me before!

and for the peopl who have upgraded, is it worth the hassel of possibly bricking ur iphone...

any information wud be greatly appreciated...
    thanks kevin
    If you still running 1.1.4, you'll be surprised at all the new features.
    You will not brick your phone, can always be restored in iTunes as new, so no worries.
    Follow the guides to a tee, and you should be fine.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

kevnolan (2009-06-26)

Default thanks
    thanks for that!!!!!

my only worry is that if i do have to restore it i will need to find the guide to unlock it again which has some annoying stuff (something like only itunes 7.5 can be used.....

does the fact that the iphone is already unlocked as i used Ziphone before????????

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kevnolan View Post
    thanks for that!!!!!

my only worry is that if i do have to restore it i will need to find the guide to unlock it again which has some annoying stuff (something like only itunes 7.5 can be used.....

does the fact that the iphone is already unlocked as i used Ziphone before????????
    There are many guides on this forum for what ever you need.
    Ziphone does not matter, when you update to 3.0 in iTunes it will delete all traces of that.
    Update iTunes to 8.2 and follow inst..

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

kevnolan (2009-06-26)

Default no youtube or push on 3.0
    Quote Originally Posted by hernanr View Post
    Solved my youtube problem restoring, (not updating like the last time).
    Conclusion: If Dev Team says "RESTORE" you have to RESTORE

i have a u.s iphone and i am in the uk. i had previously unlocked my iphone so when i clicked update to 3.0 my phone updated and i did not have to unlock it again.

The two problems i am having are no youtube says it cant connect and latest im+ using push, it tells me i need to connect to itunes to enable push.

If i use restore will it ask me activate my phone? i live in the uk and do not have access to an at&t active simcard

Don't know if this question has been asked (not going to read 11 pages) - Has anyone noticed that after using iTunes to install 3.0 and then using redsn0w to jailbreak/unlock the AppStore is slightly different.

what was once a "more... or extras" button is now back to the 2.2.1 "updates" button.

What's the deal guys?

tim

Thumbs up Another iphone 2g broken
    Ty dude !

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

WOW! thank you so much! Keep up the good work!

Everything is working smoothly for me until i get to point right after its in DFU mode...once it starts trying to jailbreak the phone, it gets about halfway through, and then Windows states the program isn't responding and must close. Am i doing something wrong or what? i've got Windows Vista

i got my iPhone 2g when daughter got her 3g s. anyone has same problem like me?

att 3g sim card with no iphone service.

restore and unlock to 3.0 ok initially.

hours or days later, can not receive calls and most times delays text msg.

att account shows iPhone by itself, come back automatically changed to other phone.

use expired t-mobile sim card, daughter's old number appeared on iTune. (factory setting is proven not true).

the following link got the solution (att service is non issue):
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...iphone-2g.html
    Last edited by greatanalyzer; 2009-06-27 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

hello

question! do i restore to firmware 3.0 then use the RedSnOw software???

when the boxes for Cydia & Unlock appear on the screen, do i click the both boxes even if my iphone now at the min is jailbroken 1.1.4?

thanks

Thanks

EDIT: Ugh, honestly mods. PLEASE read my PM. I am not an idiot who steals from devs, i dont use **********. I just downloaded to see if it supports 3.0 because someone asked about it. -.-

Guys, seriously. And also, SIM UNlocking, Jailbreaking, ANd hardware modification is ILLEGAL.
    Last edited by russkiy; 2009-06-29 at 12:37 PM.
    It takes 15 kepypresses to type "wow your such a fag" but 1 click to thank someone.

A download takes a while, so why not type "Thanks for the download" every once in a while instead of wasting time.

hello again to everyone here....

need a bit of help!
    i have just upgraded using RedSnOw and worked great... if i restore from the backup i made in itunes will it mess everything up??? i just want to put all my old contacts, calenders etc onto my new upgraded iphone!!!!

please need help quickly!!!
    thanks

Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast