Page 15 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Windows] How to Jailbreak and Unlock iPhone 2G Firmware 3.0 with RedSn0w

change the ".zip" to a "ipsw" and you should be okay

Quote Originally Posted by falconeyez View Post
    change the ".zip" to a "ipsw" and you should be okay
    Are you talking to me?

Quote Originally Posted by Loyalty View Post
    I am 100% convinced that this doesn't work and you all are crazy that said it does

Here's the deal.....I'm running IE (which I've used a ton of times during the jailbreaking process on other FW's). When I download Redsn0w it seems fine....the file comes up that allows me to run the program. HOWEVER when I download the FW file from the first post in this thread this is what the file saves as: iPhone1,1_3.0_7A341_Restore

There is no .zip extension to change to .ipsw?? I'm also using Vista is that helps anyone find out WTF is going on. If someone could PM me I'd appreciate it. Thanks everyone!!!!
    In the options menu in your file folder window (Tools>Folder Options>View) make sure "hideextensions for know file types" in unmarked. Then you can change the file extension.

Quote Originally Posted by redzombi2k View Post
    Are you talking to me?
    LOl, no sorry, but I'm having the smae problems you are. Let me look at it and I'll get back to you. What are yor using (XP, Vista, RC1 for 7) and what version of itunes?
    Last edited by falconeyez; 2009-06-22 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Well Damn it!
    I think I just royally F'ed up. I held down shift and hit restore and chose the 3.o firmware i downloaded from the above link. so im guessing once this finishes I will have the new unjailbroken, unlocked 3.0 firmware....
    Please tell me Im wrong..

Quote Originally Posted by Radfone View Post
    Hey guys need help......I have an Iphone 1G windows on tmobile. was running 2.2 with no problems.........upgraded yesterday to 3.0 using redsnow, just jail break no unlock....seemed like everything was working fine but could not use edge. no internet no email. wifi working fine. so I reran redsnow, this time wiped everything clean on Itunes (restore to original settings) and then JB and unlocked again (lost all my programs this time)and exactly the same thing...edge not working error says"could not activate cellular data network: yo are not suscribed to a cellular data service"
    What data plan on T-Mobile are you using, because some people who had the $9.99 T-Zones plan are reprting that they are getting messages saying that the plan doesnt support that phone, or something like that.

Out of couriosity. i have had my iphone for 2-3 months now and the first thing i did was jailbreak it so i know no difference. everthing was great except my reception. it was horrible and very spotty. i just upgraded to OS 3.0 and i do notice a slight differnce in the bars i get. i did a test call and it did not drop. i want to jailbreak my phone again but reluctant to do so at the loss of reception. is anyone else having this issue and is jailbreaking the issue?

Okay just to help those who may be joining the thread here are some answers to the most commonly asked questions:

Do I need iTunes 8.2?: YES

Do I need 3.0 on my iPhone before I use Redsn0w?: YES

Can I update instead of restore? Yes, this option seems to work for most people.

Is runing redsn0w on Windows 7 RC1 going to give me problems? Probably, use an XP machine if you have one.

I downloaded 3.0 firmware but when I unzipeed it there was no .ipsw file: If you download the file do not unzip it, just change the ".zip" to a ".ipsw"
    Last edited by falconeyez; 2009-06-22 at 08:47 PM. Reason: add-on

8. The Following User Says Thank You to falconeyez For This Useful Post:

redzombi2k (2009-06-22)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,544 Times in 7,599 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LadyTech View Post
    Someone please send a private PM on how to downgrade from 3.0 to 2.2.1. I keep trying. Putting my iphone in DFU mode and then shift+restore. But it gives me error 1600. Any help will be greatly appreciated

Can someone send a PM** Sry i corrected myself
    Your giving up huh, that's to bad. If you want to downgrade you'll have to downgrade iTunes first to at least 8.1.
    Here are a new tutorial that might help you get the 3.0 J/B done. Maybe try this first.
    Tutorial it's a tree menu, follow it then clicck on what apply s to you.
    Or here. this one is best for you I think.

can anybody help me? i cannot find cydia or winterboard.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Beva922's Avatar
    Thanks

as of now, i have not dropped a call due to loss of reception.... and im on FW 3.0, JAILBROKE'd
    >>**Please thank me if I helped you...**<<

Worked great on my 2G

pewh! It looks as though I panicked a little to soon as I didnt know that you needed the offical 3.0 on your phone before you do this.
    Anyway ran the redsnow again and all is well.

Default Bricked my iphone
    I upgraded using this method perfectly, everything was fine.... however when I installed these from cydia: cydia upgrade, bossprefs THEN Winterboard which makes you reboot it will not reboot. It crashes 7 seconds after it tries to turn on again (silver apple screen). Every time I try to turn it back on it only stays on for 7 seconds then turns itself off. This means I CANNOT RESTORE, Itunes does not see the phone at all.

How could this happen? Is my phone completely destroyed? It simply cant stay on long enough to do anything to fix it. Everything was fine until cydia broke my phone (or a combination of 3.0 and cydia) I'm in shock.

Is everyone's locate me feature working on their 2G iPhones?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DamianMavis View Post
    I upgraded using this method perfectly, everything was fine.... however when I installed these from cydia: cydia upgrade, bossprefs THEN Winterboard which makes you reboot it will not reboot. It crashes 7 seconds after it tries to turn on again (silver apple screen). Every time I try to turn it back on it only stays on for 7 seconds then turns itself off. This means I CANNOT RESTORE, Itunes does not see the phone at all.

How could this happen? Is my phone completely destroyed? It simply cant stay on long enough to do anything to fix it. Everything was fine until cydia broke my phone (or a combination of 3.0 and cydia) I'm in shock.
    put your phone in DFU mode, restore to 3.0 and start over.
    DFU instructions in case you need them.

Thanks anyways, just before reading your reply that is exactly what I was able to do, I tried several times and it didnt work but finally I got it into DFU mode so alls good.

But I am terrified of cydia now, how on earth did it screw up my iphone so bad? I only installed those 3 things!

No Im not using T Zone. Im using the $30 one!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DamianMavis View Post
    Thanks anyways, just before reading your reply that is exactly what I was able to do, I tried several times and it didnt work but finally I got it into DFU mode so alls good.

But I am terrified of cydia now, how on earth did it screw up my iphone so bad? I only installed those 3 things!
    Awesome,

Guys, forum etiquette, someone helps, hit the thanks button, cool

iPhone? More like MyPhone PlatoTheForms's Avatar
    Thanks

After entering DFU mode and REDSN0W is doing its thing, the process quickly finishes and says done!, but my phone just shows a black empty screen and stays there.

I never had a problem with quickpwn and im on windows vista, yes im administrator and run as administrator (right-clicked), the problem is not starting redsn0w, the problem is that the phone freezes on a empty black screen after redsn0w quickly finishes and says done!

if there is anyone who can help me, please do so.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Emelin27 View Post
    After entering DFU mode and REDSN0W is doing its thing, the process quickly finishes and says done!, but my phone just shows a black empty screen and stays there.

I never had a problem with quickpwn and im on windows vista, yes im administrator and run as administrator (right-clicked), the problem is not starting redsn0w, the problem is that the phone freezes on a empty black screen after redsn0w quickly finishes and says done!

if there is anyone who can help me, please do so.
    some people have had luck with holing the home button a little longer.

Page 15 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast