Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Windows] How to Jailbreak iPhone 3G Firmware 3.0 with RedSn0w

I redownloaded the firmware and redsnow and it worked!!!
    Yessss=D
    Now running my 3g 3.0 jailbrokennn(=

Just do this - I can't take credit for this because someone on the forum already said to do this. Restore your iPhone once done make sure you don't restore the old backup us the option New iPhone. This will give you a fresh Virgin restore. This did the trick for me.
    Last edited by XFaega; 2009-06-21 at 10:39 AM.

same issue here as jolly...waiting for reboot, black screen.. nothing.

EDIT:

ok i dual boot in vista and XP,

Vista no go,
    Tried in XP same issue, tried a few more times and it worked...

Wierd.
    Last edited by VampireV; 2009-06-21 at 10:59 AM.
    Follow me on twitter @inappmatt check out my YouTube stupidity Youtube.com/Inappropriatematt (NSFW)

marius2 you are the man!!!!!!!!! sorted it !!!!!!!!! worked like a charm thanx alot

The program crashed when it was copying the jailbreak files, I tried it again with all Apple processes ended by task manger and it worked.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reanimationxp View Post
    Good god, if you don't know what Winzip is, please just stop all attempts to jailbreak your phone because you probably don't know what that means either. Hang up the towel, leave the forum, buy a Mac since you obviously aren't familiar with Windows either, run iTunes on that, and update your phone to regular old basic 3.0. Problem solved. People who are 'computer illiterate' have no need to jailbreak.

i really hate people like this.

iPhone? More like MyPhone GrabYourWeapons's Avatar
    Thanks

Worked perfectly. Thanks so much! Now to wait for the 3GS jailbreak..... :-)

Awesome work BTW.
    16GB iPhone 3G S⃣ White
    8GB iPhone 3G Black
    30GB iPod Classic

When can i jailbreak my iphone 3gs?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    awesome. perfect. and instantaneous.

Thanks

can anyone still make calls with a jailbroken 3G running on 3.0?

Quote Originally Posted by Caleb_Soccer_Star View Post
    I redownloaded the firmware and redsnow and it worked!!!
    Yessss=D
    Now running my 3g 3.0 jailbrokennn(=
    and you have no problems making calls? (I need to get on the 3.0 jailbroken but want iBlacklist and SBSettings cuz I need it)
    Last edited by ch0sen1; 2009-06-21 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hi all. Thanks, Cash, for a thorough guide on the process. I have jailbroken/unlocked many, many phones on many different fw's, so I am not a noob to this. Everything went...pretty much flawlessly for me, except that apps that I had both "unhidden" using Poof and also unhidden using the "enable restrictions" hack are not visible. Unfortunately for me, this also includes Cydia. I know they are still there, because my second home screen has only one icon on it and the third, fourth, etc., are full. Furthermore, the data partition seems to be full, because even iTunes didn't reload all of my store-bought apps. FWIW, I did "restore" my phone to 3.0, and I did then restore from a backup, because I am lazy and didn't want to have to re-enter all my wifi passwords, email accounts, etc. Any ideas for how to get Cydia on my phone manually? Of course, OpenSSH is also invisible, so no go there. Please tell me there is some option other than doing a clean wipe/install-- I had my 2G phone so heavily modded that I really don't wish to redo all of that if there is any other option. Thanks in advance.

great work DEV Team this work like a champ on the 3g iphone BIG!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!

Thanks
    Worked a treat thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Couldn't get much simpler than that, Thanks Dev team
    Worked like a charm.
    Major credit to the Programmers.
    Your efforts makes the IPHONE that much better. Thank You! Without you, There is no Us!!

I believe in beta testing for free and paying for Smooth integrated, Compatible, and functioning Apps.

Do not i repeat do not install winterboard yet crashed it and had to do a full restore

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    No winterboard problems here...

Question before I use this over a pwning app (qwkpwn or pwnage) I don't see an option in the description for adjusting the custom disk size. Can anyone who has used this tell me if that is the case whn jailbreaking?

works great...pretty fast too

Any help? If not, then I'll just redo and set up as a new phone. Perhaps if I don't initially install ANY App Store apps...btw, in general, all the 3.0 features are great. Definitely faster, and no battery issues here.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sadhunni's Avatar
    Thanks

i guess we have to wait till quickpwn comes out then. Nobody can answer our question.

Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast