Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Windows] How to Jailbreak iPhone 3G Firmware 3.0 with RedSn0w

You needed to upgrade to FW 3.0 first in order to update your BB to 04.26.08
    Now you will need to shift restore your FW to standard 3.0 to upgrade your BB (make sure you do not use 2.1x)then restore your custom FW which will leave your BB at 04.26.08 but upgrade your FW to unlocked 3.12 then UltraSn0w will work.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

Gabrielrablade (2009-10-25), saldun22 (2009-10-25)

Well,Ill try...wish me luck !

Thank You

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Help!
    I'm new so cut me a break, please. I jailbroke and unlocked my 3g when yellowsn0w came out anf it was working good on fw 2.2(5G77) I think BB was 02.28.00 I'm with tmobile service. well today I got a wild hair and read the start of this post and was going to ungrade to 3.0 redsn0w and unltrasn0w. I downloaded all that was listed and opened itunes and shift / restore and opened the 3.0 file that i had downloaded. when I was restoring about 75% in i got "An unknown error occured (10)" showed up. Was I to upgrade to 3.0 or restore? I know I'm a DUMMY so please be kind and help me, you'll feel better knowing that you did... Thanks

Thanks

Only for 04.26.08
    Quote Originally Posted by Lecram25 View Post
    Nothing is for free.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I now have 3.0 fw on 3g, but now i can not get phone dfu mode. bin trying for 4 -5 hours and nothing. Please help

Why do you want to put the phone in DFU? There are instructions at iClarified.com but just wondering why you want too?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dummy157 View Post
    I now have 3.0 fw on 3g, but now i can not get phone dfu mode. bin trying for 4 -5 hours and nothing. Please help
    Are yo manually trying to put it in DFU mode or do you mean Redsn*w won't put it in DFU mode for you??
    Nothing is for free.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i can't get it to go into dfu while doing redsn0w. also should i have my tmobile sim card in or out? every now and then my computer will read the iphone as a camera but still say to go to youtube to watch video.
    Last edited by dummy157; 2009-10-27 at 05:37 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dummy157 View Post
    i can't get it to go into dfu while doing redsn0w. also should i have my tmobile sim card in or out? every now and then my computer will read the iphone as a camera but still say to go to youtube to watch video.
    I've never had this problem. I have had where windows would say redsn*w stopped responding. In this case, I usually just have to restart my PC and it works. As far as having trouble putting it into DFU mode, never had an issue. As you following the sec's count closely?

Also, I usually take the SIM Card out when jialbreaking. I'm not sure if it makes a difference or not.
    Nothing is for free.

HI,

DO you have same STEP BY STEP guide on to how to Jail Break and/or Unlock for people who are new and running FW 3.1.2

I really like your step by step and where to get the needed software links.

You rock.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bchau2003 View Post
    HI,

DO you have same STEP BY STEP guide on to how to Jail Break and/or Unlock for people who are new and running FW 3.1.2

I really like your step by step and where to get the needed software links.

You rock.
    http://modmyi.com/forums/general/689...2-windows.html
    Nothing is for free.

Default which firmware version I have???
    Hello to all.. I have a iPhone 3GS (from ebay) that when i turn it ON i see the USB icon pointing to the web ( i guess is locked)and I just want to know what firmware version is running ( to see in i can unlock it). is there any way by just looking at the serial number???
    S/N: 88937QCAxxx

Thank you !!!!

I have downloaded redsnow and it seems to be working fine but when i go to locate the patch file the ipsw file isnt there at all.... downloaded and removed a few times to see if there was an error but doesnt seem to work.

Anyone know what im doing wrong ? thanks.

Check out iClarified.com

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

@confusion can u clear ur inbox for messages.by way where u from.u ver famous person i saw on dev team blog many people are talking about you to solving there problems.

Thanks

It's "confucious" hahaha. Me & Confucious are moderators on the dev team blog (though he is more famous than I. hehe).

What do you need? Just post it here
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yup sorry for name

hi i have purchased iphone from a guy in india its working fine when i come to uk put any sim it shows No Service.One of my friend told me use O2 sim it will be work because O2 is official carrier on uk for iphone i tried but its not working i call O2 customer care they told me the owner reported the phone is stolen.So no uk sim will work on this iphone.But its working on other countries.Is any way to unlock.
    Last edited by anu0512; 2009-10-31 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

If the phone is stolen it's IMEI will b e blocked from all UK networks.

Why did you buy a stolen phone?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

man i purchased from india it working over there so wat is m fault i don't about this thing now i m trap.i m come for studies in uk and i have only one with so is there any option.

No. Stolen phones do not work in the UK.

Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 LastLast