Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Windows] How to Jailbreak iPhone 3G Firmware 3.0 with RedSn0w

Thanks
    Thanked 12,544 Times in 7,599 Posts

awesome, glad it worked out for you. Oh yeah no big deal but I'm a girl. lolz

heheehe.....sooryyy...

just want ask u , why cydia error to upgrade?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by neillv6 View Post
    for some reason i cannot get his working. Load all the files, hold the power button, then the home, release power, hold home, then says something like waiting for reboot. Thats its, doesnt go any further.

i then have to restore in itunes

Im not sure if its linked but keep getting a message on the tool bar saying this device can perform faster if connected to usb 2 port. But all my pors are usb 2

Laptop is acer 8930g running vista home premium

anybody help please

The first time that I jailbrake with 3.0 the result was great...So WTH with 3.01? still the same computer with the same OS (Vista H.P) so...what could be the problem? then..Wait...I had a new antivirus...noooo waaay right? it can't be...and IT WAS..AVG for some reason crash with redsn0w. So I disable the AV and everything went smooth.

Hope this help.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Vander For This Useful Post:

laz305 (2009-09-01)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,544 Times in 7,599 Posts

^ Thanks for the tip, this may help others.

Thanks

Yup. A lot of people had to disable anti-virus to get redsn0w to run on Vista when it just came out.
    Strange though as I ran RS just fine on the one computer in our house running AVG
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Unhappy iphone 3g firmware 2.2.1 (5H11)
    Hello,

I have iphone 3g firmware 2.2.1 (5H11). how can I change the firmware to 3.0 in order to use your unlocking software.

Hello,

I have iphone 3g firmware 2.2.1 (5H11). how can I change the firmware to 3.0 in order to use your unlocking software.

Please help,
    Aries
    Last edited by ariesph22; 2009-09-01 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Just restore in iTunes - that will load FW3.01 and download the 3.0 ipsw to use with RedSn0w.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

ariesph22 (2009-09-02)

Thank you very much I was able to modify my iphone using redsnow ver 8.0 and IPSW ver 3.0. There is one problem after the modification still there is no connection with the phone network provider.

RedSn0w doesn't unlock a 3G - it just jailbreaks. To Unlock you need to download UltraSn0w from Cydia.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

ariesph22 (2009-09-02)

I was searching how to add the repo in cydia about an hour now but no success. Help me the procedure to add the repo. Thank you.

# Press to select Cydia from your Springboard.
    # Press to select Manage from the tabs at the bottom of the screen.
    # Press to select Sources from the menu that appears.
    # Press the Edit button at the top right of the screen.
    # Press the Add button that appears at the top left of the screen.
    # Enter http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com as the source address then press the large Add Source button.
    # One the source has been added press the large Return to Cydia button at the bottom of the screen.
    # Press the Done button at the top right of the screen.

One question, will this process work for FW 3.01 or would i have to downgrade to 3.00 in order to Jailbreak my iPhone 3Gs 3.01 FW? Would the process to Jailbreaking FW 3.01 be the same as 3.00?

Thanks

^It will work for 3.0.1. Yup exactly the same. Choose the 3.0 ipsw when redsn0w asks for it.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

17. The Following User Says Thank You to angiepangie For This Useful Post:

AxiuM1485 (2009-09-05)

^ One more quick question before i go ahead and do this. Is the firmware on the first post the correct firmware to use if I wanted to jailbreak my 3gs 3.0.1 Iphone? It says 3g 3.0 firmware? Just double checking, if its not could you give me a link to a working firmware for the 3gs. Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Nope.
    iCommunity - Jailbreak information at a glance
    download the 3.0 under 3GS

Thats what i figured, thanks angie

Hi All,

I just restore my 3G iphone through iTunes. As I got the phone from AT&T, but unfortunately I don't have AT&T sim card to activate it, what should I do the jailbreaking and unlocking without the sim card from AT&T?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Of course! RedSn0w hactivates for you.

Thanks

^Yup. Redsn0w will hacktivate for you.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Of course! RedSn0w hactivates for you.
    Aw! You beat me to it!
    Last edited by angiepangie; 2009-09-08 at 08:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by angiepangie View Post
    ^Yup. Redsn0w will hacktivate for you.

Aw! You beat me to it!
    So, Now I have a 3G iPhone without activation. Should I just do the jailbreaking with RedSn0w?
    Assume that I finish the jailbreaking well, could I enter the springboard without AT&T sim card? And without AT&T sim card, can I add the repo just through WiFi?

Thank you so much in advance.
    I am so sorry for many question as I am really a newbie ...

Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast