Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 440 of 733

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: [Windows] How to Jailbreak iPhone 3G Firmware 3.0 with RedSn0w

  1. #421
    No, RedSn0w will be fine, just select Cydia and not Icy
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

  2. #422
    I did that and Icy is still there.
    Samsung Galaxy SII (i777)
    iPhone 4 16GB

  3. #423
    Then you will have to restore again. Sorry.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

  4. #424
    Yeah, I'm doing that now. Hopefully it will work this time.

    Should I use redsn0w 0.7.1 just to be safe? It only has the Cydia option.
    Last edited by srsuser; 2009-07-23 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Samsung Galaxy SII (i777)
    iPhone 4 16GB

  5. #425
    No
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

    srsuser (2009-07-23)

  7. #426
    yeah so i just installed cydia only and everything works great.
    Samsung Galaxy SII (i777)
    iPhone 4 16GB

  8. #427
    On the screen that offered to install Cydia (checkmarked) it also offered Icy (not checkmarked). What does that application do?

    My iPhone seemed to process all the jailbreak steps as dictated in this forum. However when it rebooted, everything looks exactly the same *except* for the Cydia app on the springboard. Is this the expected result of jailbreaking? If so then what's the next step?
    Last edited by Westchaser; 2009-07-24 at 06:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  9. #428
    Default Sbsettingtoggle
    Hey guys i just did a fresh apple restore then redsnow. Everything worked perfectly. The issue I am having is with sbetting toggle. I installed it, it says its there, but it wont open. I have hardly installed anything yet so i don't know what could be conflicting with it. Anyone know what the problem could be?

    thanks
    redsnow RULES! without it the iphone would be nothing more then a pretty paper weight.

  10. #429
    hey guys, so im having yet another issue. this time everything installed fine. problem is i dont have a apn or cellular data network in my settings. i tried downloading the patch from cydia that "enables" the settings but it didnt do a thing. and i can download ANYTHING that has to do with extended preferrences or supreme prefferences or big boss etc. help?

    edit my top post never mind i now have my internet working !! 3.0 rocks and u guys rock!! lol if u cant get ur internet to work on 3.0 and are curious how i did feel free to ask
    Last edited by eazycash; 2009-07-24 at 07:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  11. #430
    Community Manager Bo Troxell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
     Valley of the Sun, ARIZONA ♥♥♥
    Posts
    35,196
    Thanks
    5,590
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by eazycash View Post
    hey guys, so im having yet another issue. this time everything installed fine. problem is i dont have a apn or cellular data network in my settings. i tried downloading the patch from cydia that "enables" the settings but it didnt do a thing. and i can download ANYTHING that has to do with extended preferrences or supreme prefferences or big boss etc. help?

    edit my top post never mind i now have my internet working !! 3.0 rocks and u guys rock!! lol if u cant get ur internet to work on 3.0 and are curious how i did feel free to ask
    You should post your fix, may help others.

  12. #431
    Quote Originally Posted by Westchaser View Post
    On the screen that offered to install Cydia (checkmarked) it also offered Icy (not checkmarked). What does that application do?

    My iPhone seemed to process all the jailbreak steps as dictated in this forum. However when it rebooted, everything looks exactly the same *except* for the Cydia app on the springboard. Is this the expected result of jailbreaking? If so then what's the next step?
    Don't install Icy, Cydia might not work. Icy sucks anyways.

    Yes it's supposed to look the same. The next step is whatever you want to do with your jailbroken iphone. Features, apps, themes, etc.. all in cydia.
    Samsung Galaxy SII (i777)
    iPhone 4 16GB

  13. #432
    What's Jailbreak? tejan0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    thanks a bunch for this guide. Worked perfectly for jailbreaking my brand new iPhone 3G 3.0firmware. No probs just searched for this guide, and followed the steps. That easy. Thanks again.

  14. #433
    Thank you very much.

  15. #434
    So a bit of a problem here. Whenever I try to jailbreak only installing Cydia, redsn0w crashes. If I try it installing Cydia and Icy, it works fine, except for the Cydia not updating issue. Anybody got any ideas?

  16. #435
    PS I got push to work on my 2g iPhone.

  17. #436
    HELP. I can not seem to unzip the required 3G 3.0 firmware. When I use the link and then try to unzip - it says there is an error while trying to encrypt and I get no .ispw after unzipping....HELP

  18. #437
    My phone is stuck on Downloading Jailbreak Data....any suggestions

  19. #438
    um... I dunno if anyone else noticed, but redsn0w 0.8 is available at the pirate bay. I jailbroke using it and it worked fine :]

  20. #439
    Quote Originally Posted by Schory View Post
    um... I dunno if anyone else noticed, but redsn0w 0.8 is available at the pirate bay. I jailbroke using it and it worked fine :]
    As that's where the Dev Team host their files, are you surprised?
    You can also download it from the download section here on MMI.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

    Schory (2009-07-28)

  22. #440
    I guess I'm just surprised that it's not on the redsn0w website... but then I'm sure if I were keeping up with this stuff I wouldn't be :P

Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •