Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Windows] How to Jailbreak iPhone 3G Firmware 3.0 with RedSn0w

Default Having trouble. Please help!!
    I upgraded my Iphone 3G to OS 3.0
    Now I'm trying to jailbreak and I'm having issues. I have downloaded RedSnow 7.2 and have downloaded the 1.2_3.0 firmware.
    When I launch RedSnow and click browse, I am unable to find the firmware.
    I have no idea whats going on. I have used winzip to extract the .exe file from RedSnow. But like I said, after clicking on browse, I am unable to find my firmware. Any suggestions?
    Also, from what I understand, UltraSnow is only for unlocking the Iphone 3G?? Is this right?

hey i just jailbreaked my iphone 3g but i am not getting any signal in my phone nor i am getting carrier option in setting .. please help me

Quote Originally Posted by monaal View Post
    hey i just jailbreaked my iphone 3g but i am not getting any signal in my phone nor i am getting carrier option in setting .. please help me
    I have the same problem. Everything worked, but the phone doesn't pick up Tmobile signal after switching cards.

NO SIGNAL!

Turn on airplane mode, do a hard reset holding the home and power buttons. Turn off airplane mode after the phone has restarted and it should work fine. Make sure you also have Ultrasn0w 0.8 installed.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Exclamation Re-activation necessary after jailbroken 2.2.1 ?
    I'm a bit anxious to enter the procedure because of the activation threat.

Do I have to activate my 3G again after or is redsnow taking care of this?

Plz let me know, thx Gerry

Redsn0w will hactivate the phone.

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings

Hi Devs,

My Iphone is 3G with 2.2.1 firmware, can I upgrade to 3.0 and then jailbreak it? It is jailbroken already on 2.2.1 and I live in Tanzania suing Vodacom network with 3G.

Thanks

Yes you can update it. Make sure you ONLY use the 3.0 update. Then run the latest version of redsn0w to jailbreak/unlock.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i just restored my phone and am trying to download the 3.0 firmware from the downloads area, but when i do and i open the zip file after it completes, there is now .ipsw file in it... just a bunch of random little files??? anyone have an answer to this?

Change the .zip expension to .ipsw on the zip file

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks. i was going to try that but figured i didnt want to mess anything up lol

thank u very much it went very smoothly Great Work

First time, phone was stuck in recovery mode. Restored phone again and did redSn0w again, no iPhone works, but I get an error message when syncing. None of the jailbroken apps can sync?

No, apps downloaded from cydia or icy do not sync with itunes. You can download AptBackUp from cydia to keep a backup of your cydia apps.

i did everything right but its still at the "waiting to reboot" window and it hasn't done anything yet? its been about 5mins

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by CaliSquirrel; 2009-07-19 at 02:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Jollyware View Post
    HELP!!!

I followed the tutorial to the letter, now my phone is stuck on a black screen after the reboot.

Any ideas as to why ?
    wwell....it happened to me also , but i left the iphone in my table, came back the next day, tried 2 times again.and it worked.
    so..dont give up
    just get the fir,mware, use shift with itunes..and hope for the best

Hallo!

I have jailbrake 3G with 2.2.1 (5H11) and modem Firmware 02.30.03.
    Can I use this software if I make upgrade to the last 3.0 OS.
    Thank You

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by saldun22 View Post
    Hallo!

I have jailbrake 3G with 2.2.1 (5H11) and modem Firmware 02.30.03.
    Can I use this software if I make upgrade to the last 3.0 OS.
    Thank You
    Yes sir you can.

Thanks to Dev Team:

I live in Tanzania using Vodacom as my career, I have successfully upgraded, jailbreak and unlock my iphone 3G. Thanks to perfect Ultrasn0w solutions.

I had many issues to successfully do this, now I can say I know most of the issues some folks are experiencing here and I would like to share my experience to any user that still faces some issues that I had, especially for those who live outside USA.

NB: you can follow on my post to see what issues was I facing!!

Again, thanks Dev Team.

I have finally done it!!!! Thanks to Dev Team:

I live in Tanzania using Vodacom as my career, I have successfully upgraded, jailbreak and unlock my iphone 3G. Thanks to perfect Ultrasn0w solutions. Now I can use it with MTN/tiGO/celtel you name it!!

I had gone through many issues to finally do this, now I can say I know most of the issues some folks are experiencing here and I would like to share my experience to any user that still faces some issues that I had, especially for those who live outside USA. You do not need to re-invent the wheel.

NB: 1. you can follow on my earlier post to see what issues was I facing!!
    2. The most useful weapon that I have finally realized is TO FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS VERY VERY VERY CAREFUL!!!! I MEAN IT

Again, thanks Dev Team.
    Last edited by onesmo; 2009-07-21 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

21. The Following User Says Thank You to onesmo For This Useful Post:

Thorondor99 (2009-08-04)

Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast